“The Creative Sunday Brunch Just Gets Better”

Safety Harbor Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Safety Harbor
Safety Harbor, Florida
“The Creative Sunday Brunch Just Gets Better”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We just enjoyed the Safety Harbor Spa's Sunday Brunch for about the 4th time in the last year. This time we attended with almost 60 of our friends from our Mercedes-Benz Club. The buffet is huge and offers everything from an omlette station to carved roast beef. I particularly like the oysters on the half shell, a barrel of shrimp and oh, that carrot cake. The folks at the Spa were quite accommodating and gave us a beautiful private room for our event. This is really an elegant event. You won't have to wear your Sunday best, but most folks do dress up a bit. This is a pretty good recommendation from a guy that isn't really fond of buffets.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This historic hotel has aspirations of moving upscale; but at this point in time is a fun three star. The hotel has a great,location on the water (no beach) and walking distance to the stores and Starbucks. The Tiki bar has great bartenders, the pool is nice not great as are the 7 tennis courts and sand volleyball . The spa has nice pools one inside and one outside, nice steam rooms, sauna and ok inside hot tub. Lockers and showers are nice and clean. The spa offers various spa and wellness services including a salon, fitness center, and spa store.
The rooms vary in price and quality and suggest you get a patio or balcony room. Our balcony room had scratchy furniture in a Tommy Bahama style with two bathroom sinks
and no fridge. This historic hotel is not a Vinoy; but more,enjoyable then your Holiday and Hilton's
and is fairly priced.

Room Tip: Balcony or patio room is a must in this older hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank riceland
Safety Harbor, Floria
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have been taking our family to the Safety Harbor Spa for Thanksgiving Dinner for about 5 years now, and this year's offerings were superb. The seafood was very varied, fresh and beautifully presented, the meats and vegetables were wonderful and the desserts encompassed gluten-free, sugar-free, and over-the-top sinfully good cakes and pies. The wait staff was helpful; a buffet doesn't require the same type of service as table service, but they constantly cleared away empty plates as our group went from area to area grazing. It was a very pleasant occasion and we plan to repeat it next Thanksgiving.

Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I'll be honest. I booked this resort and then read the reviews here...and was nervous about what to expect.

I cannot believe people could rate this hotel so poorly.

On Thanksgiving Day....the day a lot of people would rather be relaxing than working....the staff were BEYOND friendly and helpful. Managers, desk staff, servers....all were super nice and accommodating.

The hotel is spacious and beautiful and I found it sooo relaxing! Beautiful views!

The Thanksgiving Buffet......oh my gosh.....unbelievably fantastic. I felt like royalty walking through the different ROOMS of food. It was one of the best eating experiences we have had....very much worth the price. I'm now considering all my holidays here.

I highly recommend this hotel!!! Thank you for a great holiday!!!

2 Thank Rebecca G
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The whole Safety Harbor resort is depressing. Very old, stained floors, heavy furniture, poor service, terrible food, etc.
I had to spend there one entire week due to a company gathering. I could not believe what my eyes were seeing the first day. It truly is one of the most depressing properties I have been in. Rooms are huge, but furniture seems to have been taken from a 18th century house and put there randomly. I was happy I was exhausted every day and thus could sleep there. Bathrooms are weird to say the least...
Conference facilities again are very old. And why do they actually put black tablecloths in the coffee breaks area? Is it to hide the stains?
Food is terrible - everything seems to have stayed for hours inside a buttery or oily sauce. Even vegetables. I skipped lunch more that once just because I could not stand the idea of eating that food again.
Also, they lack a customer service spirit. In the arrival day, even though I arrived after check in time, I was told that my room was not ready. When I asked where I could change, they looked at me as if I were crazy and asked me whether I wanted to know where the bathroom was!
The only good thing about this hotel was the ocean in the background! They urgently need a refurbishment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank worldtrav11

Travelers are raving about these Safety Harbor hotels

SAFETY HARBOR,FLORIDA
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Beautiful architecture , landscaping and gorgeous view on Tampa Bay.My favorite spots are the ballroom area and Hotel back yard.I also liked the fitness room.Good customer service,with good attitudes,always big smile and very helpful.The housekeeping was very pleasant and efficient. I would recommend this Resort and Spa in Safety Harbor to anyone.This place is amazing and the nicest resort I have ever been.I love it here and I will back again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was truly a well organized perfect wedding from beginning to end. Maria Touloumis was the best wedding coordinator ever. Everything went without a hitch more then perfect. The food was hot fresh and so fantastic. Flowers were more then expected. The ballroom was beautifully done. The cocktail hour ,the scenery for the pictures was truly a day to remember. The rooms were charming you have to remember this place is over 100 years old and historical . But I've never had better food at a wedding and the morning brunch was more than unbelievable. The dining room manager was so kind. Everyone did so much to please their guests . Don't listen to the haters.

Room Tip: Better to get the 2nd floor with a balcony
1 Thank Daureen32
#13 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
#27 of 98 in Clearwater

Been to Safety Harbor Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!