Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, A Trademark Collection Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Safety Harbor Motel(Safety Harbor)
View Hotel
Mar Bay Motel & Suites(Safety Harbor)
Aday Motel(Oldsmar)
1,092 results
All reviewssteam roomweight roomindoor poolexercise classeshistoric hotelview of the bayfitness centerclearwater beachtampatikiweddingtubsrelaxationgratuitymanateespoolside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The old addage you get what you pay for never was more true. I was expecting a deal and you know what happens when you have expectations. For the money though, it's a good option, just don't go into it expecting a 4 or 5 star hotel because it's more like a 3.

We just came back from a 4 night, 5 day stay and stayed in I believe it was called the Palm Pavillion tower. We arrived at 7 p.m. at night and there was no Valet or Bell Hop on duty. The person at the Front Desk was nice enough, but when I asked about my bags, no assistance was offered. Additionally, he told me the only way to my room was to bring my bags right through the front door which I thought was a little Motel 6 like.

We stayed here about 10 years ago as well and they were doing Renovations then, which low and behold was the case yet again. Truth be told, I think the place is in a constant state of Renovation due to it's age (built in the 1920's). My bayfront room was rather spacious and newly renovated but it wasn't quite done. Not a stitch of artwork on the walls or greenery to be found in the room. In fact, they had 2 framed mirrors hanging on the wall and that was it. The bathroom was pedestrian and I know it may sound trite, but there wasn't even a soapdish to put the shampoo or soap on so it sat on the edge of the tub. Other than an additional sink, it was probably along the line of what your spare bathroom may look like.

I read many complaints about the age of the hotel and I must say, it's not nearly as bad as people were making it out to be. I actually liked that it had some character and the staff did a fair job of keeping it clean and ready, but like I said earlier, it's old and probably always undergoing some sort of update/maintenance somewhere. My wife told me the spa was fine, but there were areas that still needed to be updated (showers were mentioned).

Issues we encountered were lack of running water one day due to a pipe bursting outside the hotel. It was only late at night and most of that morning and it could have happened to any hotel I suppose. We had an issue with our new flat screen one night, but that was also promptly resolved. Finally, our last hiccup was that the person who was doing my wife's massage one day forgot to show up for her appointment and she was out of luck that day after waiting 45 minutes for the person to arrive. However, the next day after she rescheduled they did perform the massage for free which was nice. The onsite restaurant we ate every morning for breakfast was great (except for the bacon which they switched on us the last two nights). Come on people, don't skimp on Bacon! :-)

The location is great. There is a quaint town just out the front door with lots of options, a running path along the Bay, and it seemed to be near the center of everything else we did outside the hotel (dining, golf, and shopping). Make sure you have a Car though to take advantage of all that Tampa has to offer.

Overall, it was just okay though. We wouldn't go back because we were expecting a little bit more all around in terms of accommodations and service, but then again the price was commensurate with what was offered. If you do decide to go, I would book directly through the hotel as they offer a lot more packages then say Expedia which are much more affordable than paying ala carte for breakfast or spa services.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sparky32034
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great historic property in downtown Safety Harbor....Needs a little bit of a facelift in certain areas of the hotel but overall an interesting property. Great pool and tiki bar area and close to Tampa / Clearwater / St. Petersburg but a slower pace.....Several restaurants (non chain) within walking distance and the hotel restaurant is a safe choice.....

Room Tip: Safe the valet fee and self park even though it's a combination gravel / dirt lot....It's close by and valet doesn't offer covered parking regardless.....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night on business. Very dated decor, fairly clean but the pool, spa area indoors, is very old and grubby. Old fashioned to the max, but the restaurants onsite are top notch. Location is great, right on the bay, and the outside pool and tiki bar are great.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Dan K
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay here. Our group stayed in the Olympia Tower on the 6th floor where we had several rooms. The rooms were set up great for sharing or a family with children as they had 2 soft and comfy queen beds, dual sinks with a door between to allow for privacy and a very nice balcony with a beautiful view. The room was very spacious and everyone slept well. There is no refrigerator or microwave, however there is a coffee machine. The outdoor pool is beautiful and kept at 80 degrees year round. The unique feature is it is mineral spring water as the hotel sits on top of several natural springs. The jacuzzi and steam rooms are also quite relaxing. The whole environment made for a really nice weekend and all the staff encountered were friendly and helpful - front desk was particularly kind. We also found the local folks to be very nice and informative on the area while we strolled through the shops on the main street. The hotel is so close to all the Tampa Bay amenities yet you'll feel like you are worlds away from all the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

What a beautiful setting and value. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Spa is one of the best. Enjoyed the outdoor pool, indoor jacuzzi, and massage. The resort has excellent walking trails leading up to the resort. Restaurant quality was excellent and staff superb. Green Springs Bistro in town is a must for dinner. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business