“COZY AND COMFORTABLE”

Safety Harbor Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Safety Harbor
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Nice rooms. Great food. Sunday Brunch is outstanding. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. What I didn't like: Room was very cold. I'm from VT, and the room was cold. Also, toilet flushing from upstairs(?) or next room was VERY loud and loud as water came through the pipes. I would still highly recommend and I look forward to another, and longer visit.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jodi S
There are newer reviews for Safety Harbor Resort and Spa

Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you like a little history to go with your resort stay, Safety Harbor Resort and Spa mitt be just for you. Under going a remodel, many of the guest areas are done or will be soon and look nice and fresh. The spa area is quite beautiful and services are reasonable priced. Restaurants do well with the food and are a terrific value. Portions on the small side, but you should expect that from a spa restaurant.
In downtown Safety Harbor, there are several restaurants close by or a short drive on the 19 freeway.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Steven P
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The rooms and hotel itself were clean and comfortable, but it has a lot of hallways and an odd layout. The restaurant food was excellent. We enjoyed our visit to the spa until it flooded and closed, which was not their fault, but put a damper on our trip nonetheless. The one cocktail lounge that was a tiny bit interesting also flooded and was closed. If you are looking for any kind of night life, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a quiet vacation, you will probably like it.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed at this hotel on an all inclusive basis for the last three nights of our epic trip to Florida. However, every time we used our 'all inclusive' vouchers we were presented with a bill for tax and tip! Surely, the tax could be sorted at checkout? Tip no problem but tax-it became a pain! Having said all that the stay was lovely, all staff we encountered were great especially Daniel (waiter) and the lady (Erica?) in the bar Sat & Sun nights.
After the hassle and bustle of Miami and Orlando this small town was a welcome break. The Irish bar up the main street (Nolan's) made us very welcome.
Eat early esp on a Sunday otherwise you'll go hungry!!! Room service finishes at 10pm too.
The room was big with a lovely view over the sea. My daughter and I both had treatments where we were made very welcome! Poolside lovely.
After check in we were directed to our room through a Wedding (rather bizarre!) especially as we would have been in their photos!! A little extra thought here would have helped! We just found something to do for 15mins then found our room!!!
Remember if you do all inclusive it's based on 2 sharing not the total number in your room and under 18's can't use the spa!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank Sarah1523
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I highly recommend the hotel.
The rooms are very nice and this place is so very quiet.
The views are amazing.
And, in addition to the great rooms, the facilities are the best.
They have several pools, several hot tubs, steam rooms, sauna. It is so relaxing.
I highly recommend and will be back again. Certainly the best place and value in Tampa area.
Customer service is also above par.
If you are looking for a romantic get away place, this is it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KimberlyM223
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the spa as a girls get away. I stayed with a friend and we took advantage of the all-inclusive package. Wow, what a deal. This included room, meals, unlimited drinks, and a massage. I also visited the hot waters of the Jacuzzi that provided jet streams that enhanced my massage. The view of the bay was wonderful. The staff provided excellent customer service and the facilities were nice and clean. It was an excellent get away for me while I celebrate turning fifty. We arrived on Monday and left on Wednesday. I found myself constantly asking the question, "What have I done to deserve such royal treatment as this." I would definitely return again. It was an awesome girl get away.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank juanita J
Reviewed August 8, 2012

A friend and I stayed here as a part of her milestone birthday year celebration. We wanted a get-away that would allow us to relax and refresh and found it here. We were pleasantly surprised throughout our stay. We selected an all inclusive package which was an outstanding value with room, meals, drinks and choice of spa services. Our large room (even with 2 queen beds) had a gorgeous view of the bay and a nice balcony with lounge chairs. The room was neat and clean. We had our breakfasts and dinners at the Fountain Grille restaurant on the premises. The food was great with nice selections and accommodating service. The spa and salon provided a tranquil setting. My massage therapist had many years of experience and was very skilled. My nail technician was very down to earth and nice to talk with. The spa staff were very friendly and suggested other areas to see within Safety Harbor. The hotel staff including front desk and housekeeping were also very friendly and helpful. We felt very pampered throughout our entire stay and enjoyed learning about the rich history of the hotel. We are already talking about a return trip.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Mar Bay Motel & Suites
Mar Bay Motel & Suites
#2 of 3 in Safety Harbor
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay

Been to Safety Harbor Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!