“Good Weekend Getaway!”

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, A Trademark Collection Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Safety Harbor
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel is just a few steps away from being a 4.5 star. Things, such as, replacing leak stained ceiling tiles and a need for fresh paint in the restaurant, along with ensuring that tableware is clean with stain-free table cloths. Staff was very friendly with high potential. Unfortunately, however, there is an apparent lack of high-end customer service training on the part of the wait staff in relation to the restaurant and pool-side service.

In the Olympia Tower, the elevator needed a major cleaning, including walls, carpet and light bulb replacement. Our room was clean, but we would have enjoyed, something as simple as having the promoted spa robes readily available in the room in lieu of having to request for them.

Overall, we really enjoyed the hotel experience and the town of Safety Harbor. We will definitively be back for another stay.

Room Tip: Anything above the third floor will have a good view of the bay. Many first floor rooms have walk-o...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed June 28, 2012

A full program of various massages, facials, hair and nail treatments and the like, compliment the qualities of the unique mineral waters dscovered by De Soto in the 1400's! The Spa activities include a variety of daily excerise programs directed by consciencious professional personnel- making the Spa one of the best kept secrets in all of Florida!. Swimming pools, both indoor and outdoor, are spacious and clean. All other Spa facilities including hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, fitness centers and the like are restricted to Spa members and registered guests of the Resort over the age of 16. The Tiki Bar, adjacent to the outside pool, is a great place to meet locals! Be sure to try the Tiki Bar Rum Runner, while enjoying the hues and views across Tampa Bay.The unique friendliness of the Tiki Bar Manager, Greg Larsen, and his staff ( Ali, Chris and Steve) make this watering hole a good fun memorable experience!. Oh yes, next to the Tiki Bar is an unnamed outdoor grill with Chef Antonio turning out first class pool side grilled and barbequed food...Dont miss it!!

Room Tip: Rates are reasonable; Views vary but those rooms facing North overolok Tampa Bay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband wanted a massage for Father's Day. So I took it to the next level and booked a night at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa with my rewards points. We stayed in the Olympia Tower in a huge king suite with a balcony overlooking Safety Harbor. He enjoyed his massage and I enjoyed a facial in the spa. I thought the prices were relatively high for the services, but you get full use of the facilities. The only negative I saw was the jacuzzi area had old and cracked tiles. The Saturday Night dinner special was prime rib and they were very generous with their portions. The strength body toning class taught by Peggy on Sunday morning gave me a great workout on a rainy day. Breakfast was excellent. Even though it had been raining all weekend because of Tropical Storm Debby, I didn't want to leave. I loved watching the waves crashing against the shoreline.

Room Tip: After walking around the hotel. I am glad we had a room in the Olympia Tower. I think the rooms in t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Yes, I m in love! I am in love with the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa! I hosted two large Recognition Luncheons this week (200+ attendees at each) at the resort and we received only rave reviews! The food was Fantastic! It was prepared well, served well and tasted delicious! The severs were efficient and truly went the extra mile to make our attendees feel special! The Food and Beverage Director, Francois, was extremely helpful! He made sure we had the support of his staff, so our events went off without a hitch! Bob (AV) was very helpful and always ready to help and support us! All the laborious tasks such as loading/unloading cars, moving boxes and hauling luggage carts was made so much easier with the help of the valet and hotel staff!

I spent four days and three nights at the resort and could have easily stayed longer! The bed was divine and the view from my room was beautiful! The hotel staff is WONDERFUL! I can't say enough about them all! They are courteous, friendly, helpful and make you feel very welcomed! I had a Swedish massage before I left and it was incredibly relaxing - Jackie, my massage therapist, was wonderful!

I host many events throughout the year and have the opportunity to partner with many hotels. Safety Harbor Resort and Spa has everything you could ever want when you are planning an event! Great location and view, fabulous food and a fantastic staff! I am ready to book my events for the rest of the year at Safety Harbor Resorts and Spa! I can't wait to return! Many thanks to Ajith Dissanayake (General Manager) and Staff for a FANTASTIC experience! You Rock!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa for the last week and I didn't want to leave! My company had 2 very big events during the week, which went more than excellent. The catering and service staff were so efficent, helpful and pleasant to our guests. The food was most delicious and details were taken care of down to the last guest. The meeting room is absolutly beautiful, the grounds are so inviting that you feel a sense of relaxation when you walk through the door. The transportation driver, Danny, was so helpful and lended me a hand without even asking me. Meal selections and prices at the restaurant could not have been better! My sleeping room had the most beautiful view from the balcony and the room was very spacious and had the most comfortable beds. My last day I experienced some spa treatments....the spa is gorgeous with so much to offer and prices were amazing! This place is a hidden gem...I would highly recommend to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2012

From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave there is a peaceful, calming, tranquil journey you go through. You have in every sense of the word...Peace and Quiet! I love the mineral pool water, walking or biking the grounds, and especially the spa services. My favorite was the full body scrub...WOW, do you feel clean! Every service they offer is simply put; one of a kind. There are so many things to do or nothing to do...all your choice. Try it out....I loved it!

Room Tip: I loved the rooms in the main building down the halls that look like a cruise ship...sounds funny, b...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I was at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa for four nights last week. I had an excellent massage and facial. After the treatments I felt and looked younger. My massage therapist was Sandy and Diane gave me my wonderful facial. I recommend them both highly. I was a massage therapist for many years, so am very particular. I was very impressesed with the staff throughout the hotel. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating. I was not happy with location of my room, so Janine manager at front desk immediately took care of it. Nancy the spa director quickly took care of a problem I had with scheduling. There are many fitness classes given throughout the day. I mostly took advantage of the treadmills. I found the food in the restaurant very inconsistent. My room was very clean but did needs alot of updating. I had a room with a balcony/ bayview, unfortunately it was too HOT too be out there much. I had read some reviews before I went saying some of the hallways and elevators needed new carpeting and painting, true, but for me that didn't detract from all the pros. I rated the hotel a four. If I could have I would have given it a 3/12, since I think it deserved more than a 3.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Sirata Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
#12 of 32 in St. Pete Beach

Been to Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, A Trademark Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!