“LOTS of FOOD!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Roanoke, IL
“LOTS of FOOD!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are hungry and in the neighborhood of the Paradise, make sure you stop in...and if it happens to be on a Wednesday...Oh, Boy!! The soup of the day on Wednesday is Black Bean, and it is wonderful!! My husband and I chose to split one of their meals, and each of us had plenty of good food to eat. The service is excellent and very friendly. Two thumbs up and five stars for this place!

• Visited April 2013

Exeter
“Friendly Local Eatery!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Have eaten here several times over the past 3 years. We often have dinner before attending shows at the Ruth Eckerd Hall about 10 minutes down the road. Always greeted warmly and wait staff very friendly. Occasionally have been treated to our beverages when restaurant busy. A favourite with locals. Several specials available every day of the week. Try the Lemon Chicken soup; they make it here as good as in Greece. Portions plentiful, freashly prepared and prices are very reasonable. Broiled Salmon melts in your mouth. Will split portions without compromise if requested.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ExeterPaulC
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Great Gyro”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a friendly place with decent food. I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner here and have been satisfied most of the time. Their Gyros are great and their potato salad is usually good. It's the first place that I was introduced to the local way of serving a Greek Salad on top of potato salad. Pretty tasty! The only bad experience that I've had here is when I went the last time, there was a bug in my food. I pointed it out to our server ( who I think was a family member of the owner ) she insisted it was an herb. She actually put some herbs on a plate and brought them over to show me. I've owned a cafe and have been cooking for almost 40 years. I know the difference between a bug and a piece of spice or herb,none of which have legs! I told her not to worry about it, that I wasn't asking for credit on my check, but that I just wanted the cooks to be aware. She wouldn't let it go. My husband and I were trying to finish the rest of our meal and she kept returning to our table to tell me it was an herb! I finally said I really just want to stop talking about it. We finished as quickly as we could, paid our bill and rushed out. We only left 15% tip, when normally we tip at least 20%. Even as we were paying our check, she wouldn't stop insisting I was wrong and that it was a piece of herb! I'm not worried about the kitchen or dining room being buggy. I've eaten here often enough to know this bug thing hadn't happened to me before, nor have I see bugs in the rest room. My hesitation in going back is due to my annoyance with this woman being in my face and ruining the rest of our meal!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Patti F
NY
“Very satisfied, tasty food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

3 of us went for lunch and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the food. The portions were ample, the choice of sides with sandwiches was varied and the presentation was good. DH had the Reuben sandwich which he declared delicious. Aunt had chicken salad sandwich, also declared delicious. I had the turkey melt made from REAL roasted turkey......mmmmm. The Italian wedding soup was really good.
Service was ok, a little hurried but friendly. The prices were very reasonable.. We will be back for sure. Glad we found this place!

• Visited March 2013
Florida, USA
“Pancakes the size of a dinner plate”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Serves great home cooking and the menu has a little bit of everything. The portions are generous and wow the pancakes are enormous and delicious. One person in our party more of a brunch and enjoyed the homemade Italian wedding soup. The service is prompt, courteous and friendly while the prices are extremely reasonable. Great place for breakfast or brunch.

Visited February 2013