“This is it”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seafood-rawbar-brews
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Bar Fly Saltwater Grill is just plain the best place to hang out and eat in this part of Pinellas County. Why? Try it for yourself: You will have a hard time deciding on what to order after you have had various meals there. Seafood: excellent. Not feeling like that, anything with "chicken" in the title is going to be great. Toss in a blue wedge salad now and then.
My favorite is Island Nachos. My second favorite is the chicken panini. But I also get the Lobster Nibblers, The Cuban and their fish sandwich and dinner. Taco Tuesday is something that you have to be crazy to miss. Fish and shrimp for $3 and three choices in chicken tacos for $2 each: These tacos are LOADED. Two makes a meal. A big box "to go" and it is lunch for the next couple of days. Like a beverage: Six beers on tap and like 1000 in bottles. Wine and sangria, something for everyone. The number of colorful locals who hang out at this place is pretty impressive. And it is always a positive experience, no trouble at this place. If you like fishing, half the people hanging out in here will tell you their (lies) fishing stories.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

What a neat surprise to find such excellent, fresh-tasting food in such a fun atmosphere.
Carey was our server, and she was fabulous. At first, I didn't think I would like anything on the menu, quite a few things were blackened and spicy. Carey made things work for me. I ordered a lobster roll with saffron rice, potato chips and a custom salad. So delicious!! My husband ordered a fish taco and a shrimp taco, with rice and beans. He was very impressed with the fresh taste of the big chunks of yummy fish. We live about two hours away, but when we come back next year, I hope we can go back! Thank you, Carey!! You are the best!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have had everything on the menu. Grouper, Mahi, shrimp, chicken and lobster. Sooo delicious!!!!! My favorite is the Island Nachos!!! I cant wait to go back. They have live bands every week. The atmosphere is like no other

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We went here b/c we couldn't get reservations anywhere else till late. We weren't disappointed. This place is small but the food is high quality. I had the grouper dinner for $17 - it was a nice-sized piece of fish on a bed of saffron rice, and included a delicious salad and some pineapple salsa. I splurged on the oreo-key lime pie for dessert, which was just "OK". My husband had Mahi sandwich, which was $11 and very delicious. Friends had fish tacos. Shrimp in our appetizer were huge. I give a 4/5 in food quality, and a 5/5 in service. I would go again! A bit noisy inside but we didn't mind. Cute decor - reminds me of a "local joint" - a place where locals frequent. Also had about 3 outside tables on the sidewalk but being right near the main intersection of town, those would be even noisier. I recommend this place.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stopped here two nights in a row during a stay in Clearwater. Bar Fly's seafood is fresh and outstanding. Fun Fl keys like environment. Mahi and Grouper sandwiches, Seafood nachos, and oyster were all outstanding. Not your everyday seafood nachos: these have mahi and shrimp/pineapple ceviche. All the florida craft beers available and excellent sangria. Above all the head chef and owner are friendly and welcoming. Will be back. Highly recommended.