“Fun bands and good vibe”
Review of 8th Avenue Pub

8th Avenue Pub
Ranked #12 of 53 Restaurants in Safety Harbor
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Tampa FL
“Fun bands and good vibe”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

8th Ave. is a fun pub that stays open a little later than others on the strip. The pizza is yummy! Its nice sitting outside, sometimes inside can get cramped, but that's generally due to a really good band being there. Worth a stop to check it out!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank SunnyFL02

“Our cheers!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Where everyone knows your name. We come to 8th avenue pub all the time, it is down the street from our house. It is our favorite local spot and pizza. Jen and tillie are genuine friends and they know their stuff!! Flip always has a perfect pie. Mike and Joan, the owners, take a personal interest in their guests and their lives. Love the pub!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Markandsyd
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm in Pub Love!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I am lovin' on 8th Avenue Pub. They have created an inviting establishment that makes everyone feel welcome and part of their family. They understand the meaning of community, by hosting events that promote our lovely little town and the people that make it so special.

1 Thank binvested
Safety Harbor,Fl
“Great without children out at back patio!!!!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

When I go to a pub as small as 8th ave at 8 pm on a Friday I want to have a few beers ,unwind and relax.Started going here when they added delightful small gourmet pizzas and a few other appetizers fit for a bar.Usually good music playing and a pretty mixed crowd. Pizza's are good enough for 2 at average 13$.Arrived Friday night for Happy Hour with a a friend enjoying beer and wine out at little back patio,fenced in quite cozy a few umbrella tables.Just started a nice conversation with my companion over beer and wine when a crowd (6) children burst thru the door with 3 couples behind .The parents who should have gotten a babysitter st the children at the table right behind us(needless to say I had never encountered children back there before) and proceeded to sit at a table farther away,order alcohol and totally ignore the antics of the children they had parked behind us,yelling,slamming back and forth like adhd nuts in the wrought iron rockers in the back.Loud rock playing people smoking and drinking,I love children but would not bring them to a pub on a FRIDAY NIGHT with patrons tring to relax and leave them unsupervised.Next thing we know a guy strolls in at 8 15 with an infant in a baby carrier with a diaper bag and another single mom with a toddler.Has anyone ever heard of a babysitter,so much over protectiveness these days and yet the cigarette smoke and loud music is okay. The owner dsaid and did nothing about all the racket nor did the waitress.Maybe it should be called the 8th ave nursery.Will never ever go here again.Children should not be allowed in a bar atmosphere especially on a Friday Night.Totally Disgusted GOOD LUCK!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank laurag327
mikelly123, Owner at 8th Avenue Pub, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
hi, while kids are welcome at the pub we discourage children and pets(on the patio) after the 9 pm hour as the environment changes to be more adult, and i agree they should be watched and supervised, sorry if this did not happen during your visit,i was here and it was not brought to my attention
that night (friday) was the tree lighting event at the gazebo and more families and kids were downtown than normal
i have tried to create a pub atmosphere that is a place that well behaved people of all ages can feel comfortable
cheers
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Great Pub, Great Pizza, Great Music, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been living in Safety Harbor for 5 years, and just now came across this gem after recommendation from a friend. We were reluctant to go to a bar on a Sunday, usually in avoidance of crazed football fans. When we walked in we were pleased to see that the pub is far from a sports bar. They did have the games on the televisions, but were listening to music instead of the game audio, and it was actually good music! I had to stop our server (who was also the bar tender) several times to ask him what bands I was hearing. We ended up sitting at one of the high tables and were quickly greeted by our server/bar tender who was very knowledgeable of all their beers on tap, and made my wife "the best margarita she'd ever had". He told us all about the pub and how they had recently expanded to add a wood fired pizza oven. Although the menu is somewhat limited to pizza and calzones, everything we saw come out of the kitchen (including our "Pub Pie") looked and smelled amazing. If this is what I can come to expect when visiting the pub, then I think we have found our new pizza and drinks place for Sunday evenings.