“This hotel was not worth the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ruskin Inn Hotel

Ruskin Inn Hotel
Ruskin Inn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ruskin
Florida
“This hotel was not worth the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

My family and I spent 3 days at this hotel with other families for a sports tournament and we were all quite unhappy. The pool was filled with dead ants and no one in the hotel went in the whole weekend. We ended up with a smoking room which we did not mind too much but the blanket on the bed had all burn holes on it. Out toilet clogged the last night and we called the front desk. They dropped off a plunger in a plastic bag. We called them again about this and they gave us anohter room. Oh yes, our phone did not work either.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank lunchless
hotelmanager33570, Manager at Ruskin Inn Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
We apologize for any issues. However, there were 30 rooms of hockey players and we did our best to satisfy all requests and needs. Your toilet issue was due in part to over use by too many people. Our maintenance staff had no problem the next morning flushing the toilet. To say your phone was not working is odd since you did call down to report the toilet issue. You returned late in the evening and had more than four people in your room. Our staff quickly offered an alternate room which you accepted. You never made any comment or complaint to our staff or management. Therefore, we were surprised to find your complaint in other forums. Please again accept our apology for any issues that may have concerned you. We pride ourself in giving 100% quality service to our guests and never compromise when it comes to the their needs. This situation was unfortunate but will rarely occur with so many kids and adults participating in a youth event. We have hosted countless athletic teams in the past without incident. Your situation is isolated and will be addressed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pensacola
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while on a business trip. The room was largely ok but the inner edge of tub in the bathroom was covered in mold - yukk! The toilet was running and I requested the staff to get it fixed within an hour of my arrival at 6 pm or so. They sent someone at 9 pm! I was ready to go to bed when there was a knock on the door so I had to send them back. I put in a work order at 7.30 am the next morning and no one came to fix it all day long. When I asked again at 5 pm, I was told that their workman comes in only at 6 pm. The finally fixed it on my 2nd night at the hotel. There was also a dark stain on one of the bedsheets. The breakfast was cold and the only healthy edible choice was yogurt. They had old apples, darkened bananas and strawberries that had seen better days as alternatives. I have stayed at many hotels from the Holiday Inn chain and this one was a bitter disappointment.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank crapemyrtle1
hotelmanager33570, General Manager at Ruskin Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2009
We apologize for your problems while staying with us. However, a few areas in your comm ents need to be addressed. First, we have never served Strawberrys at breakfast. We offer two selections that are delivered fresh every other day. We never would serve spoiled fruit. Our hot breakfast bar has always been a rave of our guest's. Your room issues were unfortunate and you were given several options including moving to an upgraded room. Our staff is readily available to make your stay comfortable. However, if you will not grant access to the room to make the needed repairs, it is impossible for us to satisfy you. We value our guest's with the best possible customer service. In this situation, again it was unfortunate that we could not satisfy your expectations. Our apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Ruskin hotels

Parsippany New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2009

I am a Priority Club Gold card member and I have stayed at dozens of Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Express hotels over the past several years. This hotel by far is superior for the value. I was recognized as a member at check-in, given a very nice goody bag, and the whole check-in experience was far better than other hotels. My room was great. Terrific tv lineup and the best part was that it was quiet. I stayed 7 nights on business and I can't say anything negative about this hotel. I even chatted with other guest's at breakfast in the morning and they too were very happy with the service. The hotel is just of I-75 so it was very easy for me to get to work every day. And, I would arrive back after 8pm and the girls at the desk would always ask me how my day went. I am a sub-contractor for Tampa Electric. Trust me, this hotel is great for business, family or just getaway people. I write reviews often and this one gets my highest marks.

• Liked — Quite Clean Rooms & Great Staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank howie7676
New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2008

There is not much in the way of accommodations to choose from in the Sun City Center area, and sadly, the Ruskin Holiday Inn Express is probably one of the best options. I think they know they have a captive audience, and this is reflected in the service.

We stayed here recently while attending golf school in the area. This is not one of the newer Holiday Inn Express properties. Although it is fairly well maintained, it shows signs of age and is permeated by a sort of mustiness. Our room was OK, but our first morning I noticed that the hair dryer was broken. When I reported this to the front desk, they said they were out of hair dryers and the maintenance man was on vacation so there was no one to tend to the situation. I was promised that it would be fixed the next day. During my five night stay, the situation was never remedied. How can you run a hotel and have no maintenance person on duty for five days? Disposable coffee cups provided in the room were not replaced. Service was totally unprofessional. One desk clerk sat for hours on the guest computer in the lobby, too immersed in online car shopping to get up when guests came to the desk. Another one sat there playing solitaire all night. It is disconcerting to approach a hotel employee for help and feel like you are interrupting their solitaire game.

All in all, although I don't expect luxury from a budget facility like Holiday Inn Express, I have come to expect nice, clean rooms, working amenities and at least a decent standard of service. While there were a few helpful people on staff, we left there with the impression that for the most part, the staff there really didn't care.

• Stayed November 2008
1 Thank SASNY
hotelmanager33570, General Manager at Ruskin Inn Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2008
We deeply apologize for your problems while staying at our property. There is never an excuse to provide 100% guest services. I nor any other management was aware of the areas of your concern and I can assure you they will be addressed and corrected.
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

My wife and I were visiting friends in Sun City. We did not have a hotel reservation but stopped at the Holiday Inn to see what kind of rates they had. The girl at the desk gave me a good rate and we decided to stay. We were impressed with the rooms. They all have fridges and a really good sitting area (my wife is somewhat disabled). The breakfast alone was worth the stay. Eggs, bacon, and all the fixins. We would have spend $20 alone at Dennys for the free breakfast at the hotel. I was also surprised that the manager (John) always made it a point to say hello to us and asked if we had a good nights sleep. That made a lot of difference to my wife who always complained that hotels we stay at are not friendly. I want to say thanks to John, Esther and Tony. They were great. There was also an Indian woman, (I believe her name was Sappy); very nice too.
We will be back in January. Plan to stay again at this hotel. I never have written a real complement about a hotel before but my wife and I agreed that this time was worthy

• Liked — fantastic all u can eat breakfast, big rooms, friendly staff
  • Disliked — too much rain
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobreisert
tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

this is the best hotel in the area. good staff..good rooms...good breakfast

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2008

A friend had recommended this hotel and I now will pass the word along as well! From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome. The staff was very helpful and provided fantastic directions. The rooms were clean and I loved the decor!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank worldtraveler444
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruskin
Harborside Suites at Little Harbor
Red Roof Inn Ellenton
Red Roof Inn Ellenton
#4 of 4 in Ellenton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park

Been to Ruskin Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!