“Do not stay at this property. You will be sorry.”
Review of Ruskin Inn Hotel

Ruskin Inn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ruskin
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I looked over the other reviews and thought I would give it a shot. Bad idea. This is like a Motel 6 from the '70s or maybe not even that good. The smells in the motel are horrible and I was coughing after 10 minutes. I tried to check out and they said my credit card had already been charged for one night. They had me try a different room which was less smelly but not a nice motel, so I agreed to stay one night. The next morning upon checkout the Manager told me he couldn't print a receipt because I booked online and would be billed for 3 nights. I told him I didn't like the motel and wanted to leave and he said there was nothing he can do. I called the travel site and they got me the refund. Bottom line is never stay at a property you have never heard of and don't pre-pay. I actually did not realize that I had agreed to prepay so I think I was taken advantage of. Worst stay in my life and do not believe the pictures either. Someone is very talented with a camera to make the place look better than it is. You can't photograph smells though.

Room Tip: Choose a property that you have heard of before and don't pre-pay. Getting your money back is ch...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank nbafan2

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Booked and paid for a non smoking room.when got there offer me a smoking. Just by looking at outside parking lot full of pot holes and dirty. Would not stay here even for free. Avoid this place. This is first time I write a review. Needed to to inform others be aware.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Elmer v
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I hadn't stayed here since the 1990's when it was a Holiday Inn Express and brand new. I really wasn't expecting that much but was pleasantly surprised. The staff was awesome and the room was very comfortable and quiet. Might want to update the TVs but who goes to Florida to watch TV?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank jdv62
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed at the Ruskin in for 4 days on a business meeting. Although the price was very reasonable, for any amount of money, the rooms were spacious, quiet and clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I ever had in a hotel. All this and they serve a hot breakfast. If I have the opportunity, this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank h0meintexas
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the 2013 Christmas holiday. The hotel is reasonably clean and good value for the cost. The room was large, although the in-room fridge did not cool very well. The breakfast bar was typical for this class of hotel, but was welcome when needed for a quick breakfast snack. The free wi-fi worked well and no complaints there. The rooms could use some updating. We needed a hotel we could take our dog and there were no issues with that and the pet fee was nominal. Only problem there is that they have no real place to walk a dog, but we made it work.

All in all ... I would recommend if you need a pet friendly hotel, or need a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

For under $80 a night, you can't beat it. The room was very clean and service friendly. The free breakfast buffet is par for the course as far as economy hotels go. But it serves it purpose for a quick bite before an early morning checkout. Overall, I'd say the hotel is about equivalent to a Holiday Inn Express. I'd definitely stay again for an over-nighter.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RSJ2011
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff was friendly. The building could use a lot of remodeling and the room was infested with bed bugs and I wound up with several bites. I also found four ticks crawling around the room. Breakfast was served and was a McDonald's style spread.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 964Brian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruskin
Harborside Suites at Little Harbor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Sun City Center
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton

Been to Ruskin Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!