“Best Sushi”

Yanagi Sushi
Ranked #24 of 57 Restaurants in Ruskin
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I love this place. No other sushi place compares so far, and we have tried a lot of places. I love the new owners and visit this place as much as we can.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stopped by Yanagai on 11 May for take out just 30 mins before closing time. I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat, i stopped in as spur of the moment. The hostess was very patient and helpful. After ordering the Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice, with a California Roll. I only waited 15 mins before my order ( which was cooked where I could see it) was complete. The art work was traditional, the tables and floor was clean and the only smell was of my food cooking. I paid $16 for my food which came with a very fresh salad and soup. The food was great. The only critique- the sushi roll was really small. I will be a regular customer!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Only have eaten sushi here, has always been good, sometimes service is slow depending on staff, older decor is kind of dark, located next to Publix, but we always have good sushi, chef is attentive & friendly.

Reviewed June 10, 2009

I have been to numerous sushi restaurants across the Tampa Bay area. I have found that most utilize their posh ambiance & mystical atmosphere to their advantage, detracting from the actual quality of the sushi.

Yanagi does not have, 30' ceilings, eclectic pieces of artwork, luxurious glass lighting flown in from the orient, or 100 gallon fish tanks BUT it does have the most fabulous sushi that I have had the priveledge to eat, a quaint atmosphere, and excellent staff. The sushi chef has perfected his craft for over 25 years and presents each dish as if it were a work of art! I love it!

2  Thank MLETampa_FL

Been to Yanagi Sushi? Share your experiences!