“Delicious!”

The Fish House
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Ruskin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa Bay Area
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

We found this place last weekend by mistake while on our way to EG Simmons Park. It is a very cute little outdoor place so we thought we would stop in for a try. My husband and I got catfish and clam strips which were fantastic. We took home a smoked salmon dinner for our son. He and Dad had it later and said it was the biggest, tastiest smoked mullet ever. There service is prompt and friendly too. We are going again tonight and taking our neighbor. We are sure they will enjoy it as much as we did. If you are ever in the South Shore area on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday, The Fish House is a must!

Sunshine State
“A Mom & Pop operation at it's BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

I look forward to going (at least twice a month) and have taken someone different with us several times, without ever being dissappionted and always satisfied. The folks there are always upbeat, friendly, fast and overall you feel like family.

florida
“Makes me fell like I'm home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2008

I go here at least once a week, the owner has a wonderful personality and remebers her customers, from week to week. The food is great and so are the prices, It has a wonderful outdoor setting and you feel like you are in your own backyard with family and friends.

Ridgeway, Virginia
“This is What Makes Small Towns Great!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2006

The Fish House is something you will only see in a small town and is what is so sorely missing from the big chains. A co-worker turned me on to this place and explained that the owners fish Monday thru Wednesday and then operate The Fish House Thursdays thru Saturday (11am - 8pm), cooking and selling their catch. They serve only seafood ... grouper is a big item and mullet when in season. Two grouper sandwiches and two soft drinks cost us $10.09. This grouper now tops my list as the best I have had. I assume the fact that it was probably caught only two days before has a lot to do with that.

Don't expect anything fancy. The restaraunt looks more like a concession pavillion you would find at a state park and all of the seating is outdoors. The lure here is the fish. Expect a good fish lunch or dinner and you won't be disappointed.

8 Thank Beth B

Been to The Fish House? Share your experiences!