The resort location is amazing with a private beach. First nigt we stayed in the junior suite (i think) in the old part of the resort, it was one room with a kitchnette. The unit had some sort of carpet cleaner smell, which was very strong. Inspite of some reviews saying that it had a smell, we decided to try it out because it was bigger units than the newer ones and right by the water. The next day morning the toilet started leaking and cockroaches started coming out. Then we were given a junior suite in the new building, since the units are small we upgraded to a one bedroom suite for $10 pernight. I guess it could have been a special rate because of the circumstances. The new unit was compact but beautiful. We got the street view, which sucked but they did not have any units with the bay view.
The food at the restaurant, I think it is called the 'Sunset Grill' was pretty good, but the pricing was inconsistant. First day for Sunday brunch, they charged full price for my 11 yr old son, which was 15.99 and the mimosa was included, we had to pay for the other drinks. 2nd day before we sat down for breakfast, I asked the waitress for the pricing, she said $8.99 for the adults and $4.99 for my son and drinks were included. But they charged $2 for my son's chocolate milk. 3rd day I just checked the price and did not inquire about the drinks. They charged me for all the drinks. When I told the waitress that yesterday you had included the drinks in the price, she just smiled and walked away.
So, as long as you check the price +/- drinks included, you should be ok...
The reception staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. And we would consider going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Caribbean-style island resort on the South Shore of Tampa Bay - The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. This unique resort and residential village provides a harmonious blend of Anglo-Caribbean architecture, lush tropical landscaping, island style hospitality and the natural wonders of a waterfront resort.Conveniently secluded between Tampa and Sarasota, The Resort & Club at Little Harbor is a full-service, AAA Travel Guide, three-diamond, resort hotel and conference center situated on 124 acres, completely surrounded by the tranquil waters of our harbors, marinas and Tampa Bay. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we have an option for you at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. Relax and enjoy our half mile stretch of secluded, white sandy beach. Take a dip in one of three heated pools and two Jacuzzi. Feeling competitive? Shoot hoops, play beach volleyball or play tennis on one of our five tennis courts. The entire family will enjoy themselves on our 250 foot fishing pier shuffleboard court horseshoe field or in our two fitness centers or enjoy our watersports including kayaks, jetskis, hydro bikes or paddleboards.Boaters arrive in paradise with deep-water access, 330 wet-slips, 220 high and dry slips, on-site fuel dock, bait and tackle store, fully stocked ship’s store, and boat trailer parking with near-by flats and deep sea fishing.Dine at one of two waterfront restaurants, The Sunset Grill or Sunset lounge and our beach-side Tiki Bar. Choose from a selection of steaks, sumptuous seafood, stacked sandwiches open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with live entertainment outside on Friday Through Sunday evenings.The Resort & Club at Little Harbor offers a vast array of guest room accommodations perfect for individuals, couples, families and groups desiring a resort destination. Guest accommodations include our standard, deluxe and Junior Suites along with our brand new studio, one, two and three bedroom suites and town homes, all offering breathtaking water views of Tampa Bay or our marinas, harbor and nature preserves.All guest rooms have been completely renovated to provide you with the necessary conveniences to ensure your comfort. An iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave and mini refrigerator are standard items in every room. A spacious work desk area with ample lighting, direct dial telephones, free high-speed internet access, 32" flat screen color cable television with free premium channels. Individual climate control air conditioning and heating, private bathrooms with granite counter tops and private balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your The Inn at Little Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort And Club At Little Harbor
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel Ruskin
- Hotel At Little Harbor
- Resort At Little Harbor
- Resort Club Little Harbor