I was a little nervous based on the reviews I read. However, I have travled to at least 15 resorts in what I call "warm blue places" so I have some to compare to. This was no Caribbean high end resort but it was with out question the PERFECT weekend get away. The price was fair, $78 a night on Expedia or $99 a night calling direct.. The landscape was beautiful clean and well taken care of. Room was clean with a bit of a western look to it but modern and well styled. Cable TV phone but no wireless internet. However there was "eithernet" cable and it worked just fine. Coffee pot frig and a microwave also. Full size shower with plenty of clean linen. Two white cotton bathrobes were found in the closet. Plenty of private sitting places with Adirondack style chairs under palm and mango trees. One spot even had a nice propane fire pit. The Tiki bar was a bit small but well stocked and clean. A large outside eating area as well as an inside one. A very large peer. A long white sand beach that was also very cleaned and groomed.
The only negatives I can say were that the beach was not swimable in my opinion. Being in the bay it was a grassy slimy bottom. However there were two beautiful pools that were as clean as could be with lots of vegetation around them.
The restaurant was fare priced and I have no complaints about the food what so ever.
I will, with out a doubt be returning this year. As stated in some of the other reviews it is one of the biggest secrets on the west coat of FL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Caribbean-style island resort on the South Shore of Tampa Bay - The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. This unique resort and residential village provides a harmonious blend of Anglo-Caribbean architecture, lush tropical landscaping, island style hospitality and the natural wonders of a waterfront resort.Conveniently secluded between Tampa and Sarasota, The Resort & Club at Little Harbor is a full-service, AAA Travel Guide, three-diamond, resort hotel and conference center situated on 124 acres, completely surrounded by the tranquil waters of our harbors, marinas and Tampa Bay. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we have an option for you at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. Relax and enjoy our half mile stretch of secluded, white sandy beach. Take a dip in one of three heated pools and two Jacuzzi. Feeling competitive? Shoot hoops, play beach volleyball or play tennis on one of our five tennis courts. The entire family will enjoy themselves on our 250 foot fishing pier shuffleboard court horseshoe field or in our two fitness centers or enjoy our watersports including kayaks, jetskis, hydro bikes or paddleboards.Boaters arrive in paradise with deep-water access, 330 wet-slips, 220 high and dry slips, on-site fuel dock, bait and tackle store, fully stocked ship’s store, and boat trailer parking with near-by flats and deep sea fishing.Dine at one of two waterfront restaurants, The Sunset Grill or Sunset lounge and our beach-side Tiki Bar. Choose from a selection of steaks, sumptuous seafood, stacked sandwiches open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with live entertainment outside on Friday Through Sunday evenings.The Resort & Club at Little Harbor offers a vast array of guest room accommodations perfect for individuals, couples, families and groups desiring a resort destination. Guest accommodations include our standard, deluxe and Junior Suites along with our brand new studio, one, two and three bedroom suites and town homes, all offering breathtaking water views of Tampa Bay or our marinas, harbor and nature preserves.All guest rooms have been completely renovated to provide you with the necessary conveniences to ensure your comfort. An iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave and mini refrigerator are standard items in every room. A spacious work desk area with ample lighting, direct dial telephones, free high-speed internet access, 32" flat screen color cable television with free premium channels. Individual climate control air conditioning and heating, private bathrooms with granite counter tops and private balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Little Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort And Club At Little Harbor
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel Ruskin
- Hotel At Little Harbor
- Resort At Little Harbor
- Resort Club Little Harbor