My husband and I just returned from a great weekend at The Inn at Little Harbor. We are both 30, and do not have kids. We fell in love with this hotel. We were looking for a place where we could bring our boat, and also had a few amenities. This place exceeded our expectations.
Activities: Good selection. Tennis courts are great. We played a few times, and the front desk will loan you a racket if you need one. You can also rent jet skis, kyaks, and hobie cats. There is also a shuffle board court, which was actually fun. Basketball and beach volleyball are here too.
Beach: This is a nice stretch of beach facing calm bay water. The sand is very soft and the water is quite shallow for a ways out, good for kids. A few umbrellas with lounge chairs are available too.
Pools/Jacuzzi: Two pools, one heated, one not. The jacuzzi was nice, good size. The heated pool was right near our room, very private, and hardly anyone ever there. It was great at night when it was cool out.
Room: Nicely redecorated with asian/contemporary style. Small, but nice. We had the standard room with a good sized balcony with a view of the marina and our boat. We liked being able to sit on the balcony and have a view of the mangroves and the water.
Food: We had the sea food buffet for dinner. Pretty good. Great desserts with chocolate fondue. Breakfast buffet was pretty good too. You can also order from a regular menu in 2-3 different restaurants.
Bar: We loved the tiki bar right on the water. Great drinks and great view!
All of the staff here were very nice and accomodating. We were pleasantly surprised!!
Only small downfall was some construction going on at the hotel and around with the new condos being built. There was absolutely NO noise from this, not even any construction workers, just some undone work that looked very close to being finished (mostly at the main entrance of hotel).
This is a very unique property with GREAT RATES! Even in season.
Not too busy here, it was a nice mix of families and adults. There was a live band at night and the bar areas got a little hoppin, for a little while.
Good place to come and relax. I think it deserves a three star rating, not two and a half.
Go and have fun. We can't wait to go back!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Caribbean-style island resort on the South Shore of Tampa Bay - The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. This unique resort and residential village provides a harmonious blend of Anglo-Caribbean architecture, lush tropical landscaping, island style hospitality and the natural wonders of a waterfront resort.Conveniently secluded between Tampa and Sarasota, The Resort & Club at Little Harbor is a full-service, AAA Travel Guide, three-diamond, resort hotel and conference center situated on 124 acres, completely surrounded by the tranquil waters of our harbors, marinas and Tampa Bay. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we have an option for you at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. Relax and enjoy our half mile stretch of secluded, white sandy beach. Take a dip in one of three heated pools and two Jacuzzi. Feeling competitive? Shoot hoops, play beach volleyball or play tennis on one of our five tennis courts. The entire family will enjoy themselves on our 250 foot fishing pier shuffleboard court horseshoe field or in our two fitness centers or enjoy our watersports including kayaks, jetskis, hydro bikes or paddleboards.Boaters arrive in paradise with deep-water access, 330 wet-slips, 220 high and dry slips, on-site fuel dock, bait and tackle store, fully stocked ship’s store, and boat trailer parking with near-by flats and deep sea fishing.Dine at one of two waterfront restaurants, The Sunset Grill or Sunset lounge and our beach-side Tiki Bar. Choose from a selection of steaks, sumptuous seafood, stacked sandwiches open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with live entertainment outside on Friday Through Sunday evenings.The Resort & Club at Little Harbor offers a vast array of guest room accommodations perfect for individuals, couples, families and groups desiring a resort destination. Guest accommodations include our standard, deluxe and Junior Suites along with our brand new studio, one, two and three bedroom suites and town homes, all offering breathtaking water views of Tampa Bay or our marinas, harbor and nature preserves.All guest rooms have been completely renovated to provide you with the necessary conveniences to ensure your comfort. An iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave and mini refrigerator are standard items in every room. A spacious work desk area with ample lighting, direct dial telephones, free high-speed internet access, 32" flat screen color cable television with free premium channels. Individual climate control air conditioning and heating, private bathrooms with granite counter tops and private balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Little Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort And Club At Little Harbor
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel Ruskin
- Hotel At Little Harbor
- Resort At Little Harbor
- Resort Club Little Harbor