This place could be so much better. We stayed on our first night in their hotel rooms. The carpet and bed cover were a disgrace covered in stains. The room was dark and quite dingy. Thank goodness it was only for one night. Then we moved into a three bed, three bath condo opposite the marina. The views were lovely. The condo its self the layout etc was very good, lots of space even for 6 adults. When we looked around we noticed the place was just not clean. The carpet had not been clean from previous guests. The cutlery and crockery had been replaced in the cupboards and not washed properly, All the skirting boards and bannisters were thick with dust and grime, chipped furniture and black marks on the walls. All these things are not acceptable. Little Harbor management need to take a look around their establishment and put all these things right. Starting with housekeeping who need some lessons on how to clean properly.
One evening we decided to go to the Restaurant, we asked what time last orders were served and was told 9.PM so we arrived at about 8.40pm and was greeted by a young man who told us we must be joking coming to dinner at this time of the evening!!!!!! He pasted the seating of our party to someone else. When our server arrived she told us we were to late for the full menu as it was gone 9.pm. When we told her we arrived in time but had been kept waiting by said young man, she went away and came back and we were able to order from the main menu. The food is very good in the Restaurant but once again not as clean as it should be, badly stained carpet etc and a horrible smell of bleach.
One other thing that I thought was not good, the block we stayed in was massive with the smallest swimming pool, not nearly big enough to accommodate a fraction of the people staying within our block.
Would I stay there again NO, they would really have to get their act together for me to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Caribbean-style island resort on the South Shore of Tampa Bay - The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. This unique resort and residential village provides a harmonious blend of Anglo-Caribbean architecture, lush tropical landscaping, island style hospitality and the natural wonders of a waterfront resort.Conveniently secluded between Tampa and Sarasota, The Resort & Club at Little Harbor is a full-service, AAA Travel Guide, three-diamond, resort hotel and conference center situated on 124 acres, completely surrounded by the tranquil waters of our harbors, marinas and Tampa Bay. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we have an option for you at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. Relax and enjoy our half mile stretch of secluded, white sandy beach. Take a dip in one of three heated pools and two Jacuzzi. Feeling competitive? Shoot hoops, play beach volleyball or play tennis on one of our five tennis courts. The entire family will enjoy themselves on our 250 foot fishing pier shuffleboard court horseshoe field or in our two fitness centers or enjoy our watersports including kayaks, jetskis, hydro bikes or paddleboards.Boaters arrive in paradise with deep-water access, 330 wet-slips, 220 high and dry slips, on-site fuel dock, bait and tackle store, fully stocked ship’s store, and boat trailer parking with near-by flats and deep sea fishing.Dine at one of two waterfront restaurants, The Sunset Grill or Sunset lounge and our beach-side Tiki Bar. Choose from a selection of steaks, sumptuous seafood, stacked sandwiches open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with live entertainment outside on Friday Through Sunday evenings.The Resort & Club at Little Harbor offers a vast array of guest room accommodations perfect for individuals, couples, families and groups desiring a resort destination. Guest accommodations include our standard, deluxe and Junior Suites along with our brand new studio, one, two and three bedroom suites and town homes, all offering breathtaking water views of Tampa Bay or our marinas, harbor and nature preserves.All guest rooms have been completely renovated to provide you with the necessary conveniences to ensure your comfort. An iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave and mini refrigerator are standard items in every room. A spacious work desk area with ample lighting, direct dial telephones, free high-speed internet access, 32" flat screen color cable television with free premium channels. Individual climate control air conditioning and heating, private bathrooms with granite counter tops and private balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Inn at Little Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort And Club At Little Harbor
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel Ruskin
- Hotel At Little Harbor
- Resort At Little Harbor
- Resort Club Little Harbor