“Nice resort”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ruskin
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Nice resort”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Pleasantly surprised. Resort was in very quiet location with lots of ammentities. Nice bar, restuarant, and beach on the Bay. Was concerned after reviews. Minor negatives - Carpets stained in living room but floors were not dirty. Stayed in harbor side 1 bedroom suite with view of harbor and bay, and was very nice. Saw manetees in Harbor each day which was great and saw dolphins in bay. Drinks at bar were very good and bartenders were great. Food at resort was also very good. If you like it quiet and not car to car traffic heading to town, this is a good place. Some hidden gems in local restuarants- Fish House, Popi's V, and Ybor Grille.
Price was very reasonable. Front desk, Chistina was very helpfull. Only updating needed is new carpeting.

Room Tip: Trip Advisor- Please just put my name as JoJo (Not) jojonash
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank joe n
nancybryant, General Manager at The Inn at Little Harbor, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the amenities at the resort, especially the tiki bar and restaurant, you can't beat the sunsets. We are addressing the issue with the carpets, so hopefully next time you stay you will see an improvement. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Wesley Chapel
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Please be careful if you want to vacation here, fellow travelers. It is wonderful as it is quiet and peaceful although you will expect security to demand proof you are a current guest, and will kick you out about an hour before your check out time. This might be a good thing. However, do not agree to double or triple charges for room fees with a promise of a refund. They refer to this as a deposit, but we paid more for the deposit than the suite we rented. We also received several soliciting and harassing calls asking us to "tour" Little Harbor several times while I was at work. I wish I could love this place as I do visiting the tranquil and relaxing town of Ruskin, but I do not recommend Little Harbor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank RachelWesleyChapel
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I just returned from Little Harbor Resort in Ruskin,
I had an invitation for a few days to stay there.
At first , after reading so many negative reviews I prepared my self for a bad stay.
To my surprise I loved the place , the Condo was large , big bathrooms,
nice beds ,tasteful decor, very nice kitchen, my disappointment was however , I did not receive the Harbor view I was promised , and since I did not have it in writing just the promise of the sales person ,I was stuck with a view overlooking the street . Later on I was happy about that because of the noise in the pool from the children ,it is spring break and people everywhere.
The balcony faced east , so I could enjoy a great sunrise every morning and in the afternoon
there was a nice little breeze on the 4 th floor.
The balconies facing west where unbearable hot as the sun was beating down.
The place is way out there in nowhere and the internet kept going out for hours every day.
Lunch and Dinner was at the resort restaurant and it was OK....all in all a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: rooms facing the street are noisy ......rooms facing the Harbor view get very hot in the sun
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bruni J
Lexington, Ohio
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a large resort with multiple room arrangements from a standard room to three bedroom condos. There are actually two very different sections of the resort. The photos on the website mix the two so when booking be sure you know exactly which one you are booking. We thought we had booked in the large building on Tampa Bay, when in reality we had booked the smaller facility on the river.
That said, outside of being disappointed in the facility where we were put , our accommodations were quite nice. We had a junior suite with two queen beds, a full kitchen including a two burner stove, dishwasher and microwave. The kitchen was well stocked with essential tools for making simple meals. The bathroom was small, but there is a dressing table between the large closet and the bath which helped facilitate getting ready to go out.
Although the room was nice it was not very clean.The tile floors were dirty, the carpet was filthy, the countertops felt gritty, and there was dust on the headboards and night tables. We stayed 12 days and never could predict when the maid would appear to clean. Once she cleaned the room while talking on the cellphone the whole time. The shower curtain was moldy so I just went out and bought my own at a local dollar store along with a room deodorizer.
As others have noted there were 3 pools advertised, but one was out of service except for the last 2 days we were there. I understand that it needed renovation, but during spring break? (3/21- 4/1) Poor management if you ask me. There were never any towels in the towel bin, never enough chairs at the pool. Only one ice machine, two buildings down..even though there was a place where an ice machine HAD been just around the corner in our building.
The beach was nice, but again not well kept and there were very few chairs available and most of them were broken.
There were jet ski rentals, boat excursions available, kayak rentals and fishing charters. I would have loved to have been able to rent a bicycle to explore the areas nearby.

It is a beautiful, relaxing place. We enjoyed early morning walks, fishing in the river, seeing the wildlife, and watching the amazing sunsets from the pier, the marina or the gazebo. If you want lots to see and the frenzy that is spring break in Florida don't book here. HOWEVER if you want a relaxing time with beautiful sunsets and water everywhere, in a place where you might want to live, and you can overlook the need for repairs..then this is a great place to go.

Room Tip: Just be sure you know which building you are booking and ask for a bay side room! I didn't mind...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lextraveler2661
Redwood City
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The best part of this resort is the covered water view tiled balcony off the bedroom. The resort is in trouble and you can see it if you look down; the carpets are really stained compared to the nice large condos with full kitchen; the bed was very small and between two closets???

The staff will tell you a different answer if ask twice; they will not be honest if you call to find out the status of pools; etc.
The beach did not have enough beach chairs, and common area is shared with the local condo residents. We stayed in building A B and C (one large building with three sets of really slow elevators) We stayed in second floor facing the water. Ground level is parking if you were wondering about a resort in the sink hole county.

Just checkout if you don't get a water view room. I would have gone anywhere else if I had known the location; not a good area. Sorry, I won't be back, but we did enjoy the Hockey Game "Go Lightning"

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bubblebutt2011
Ruskin, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We are currently staying here - a one week stay. In-laws live in Ruskin and there were not a lot of choices nearby.

Cons - First off, the Harborside Suite is not a suite. There is a small partition between the bed and pull out bed/couch. Not ideal for a 7 year old that goes to bed earlier than us. And the TV is on her side of the partition. We picked this place because my husband needed the wifi to work. The wifi works about 40% of the time. We often got a message that too many users were on the network, even at 11:30 pm. Very frustrating. The hot water ran out every single day. We don't take super long hot showers, but there wasn't enough hot water for two adults and one child. No bathtub for kids or moms who want to relax in a tub. The pool in the newer building is really small and has tons of chlorine.

Pros: The restaurant is a nice walk from the hotel and the food wasn't bad. It's the only beach we have seen since we have been here. Nice skyline view of St. Petes. If you fish, there are a lot of charter boats in the harbor. It's nice to be on the water. I like a warm pool and it was very warm. The temps have been in the 60s and windy, so it was nice to get in. Kitchenette was nice to have - small fridge, microwave and stocked with dishes/silverware. Nice areas to walk (harbor and throught the condos). As long as your not expecting luxury, this would be a good weekend couples get-away place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shawn W
nancybryant, General Manager at The Inn at Little Harbor, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Shawn W
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are thrilled that despite the chilly weather you were able to enjoy the heated pools and walk around the beautiful resort areas.
I am sorry to hear that your suite did not meet your accommodation requirements, we do also have one, two and three bedroom suites that still have either the kitchenette or a full kitchen however do give you a separate bedroom area.
We truly apologize for the WIFI issues that you experienced, we have just implemented a new system and are working hard to iron out the kinks.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and please be assured that we review these daily with our team members to strive for the perfection our guests expect.
We do hope that you will return to Little Harbor.
Kind Regards
Nancy Bryant
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our second trip to the "Resort and Club" and it will most likely be our last. We were able to book a junior suite using Orbitz. Once we arrived at the hotel we were told there is now a $8 resort fee per day. It clearly still says on Orbitz site resort fee is included in the final price. Included in the resort fee was parking in the middle of nowhere, a pool that is being removed because of the new management, and access to the riverfront beach. Once we got to the room we were placed on the "Inn" side of the resort. This is the area that is hidden from the Little Harbor website but MOST Orbitz customers get this area as a junior suite. The rooms are dated, dark, and less that clean. After two nights of listening to the dated pipes rattling every time someone turned water on in the 3 rooms around us and the propane truck filling the restaurant tanks at 1am I decided to call the front desk. They explained to me last time I was there I was upgraded and was not able to move to the room I had last time at the resort. After complaining more I was able to speak with a manager who was about to move us to the Harborside side where all of the photos of the resort are taken. Once there the room was nice and very clean. The pool was not very crowded and was open until 10pm which was nice after coming back for the day. Overall this was an average trip. But as a tip, CALL AHEAD and ask which room you will be in. Because these 2 rooms are like night and day.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see where your room is. There are two separate areas in this resort. One is a hotel 6...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robby B
Dear Robby
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our resort, our guests comments are extremely important to us and we act on each and everyone of them, reviewing them with all our team members on a daily basis.
I am sorry that you stay did not start out as you had wished but I am pleased to hear that the manager on duty was able to meet your accommodation requirements with an upgrade.
The resort is going through some modifications and upgrades and I am afraid this does incur some discomfort at times. Our pool has been resurfaced and is now open and like our other pools will remain open until 10pm for our guests to enjoy.
We are working on updating our websites and all travel provider websites and also our guest accommodations.
Should you decide to consider Little Harbor in the future, please contact me personally and I will ensure that your stay exceeds your expectations.
Kind Regards
Nancy Bryant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruskin
Harborside Suites at Little Harbor
#74 of 163 in Tampa
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,458 reviews
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Westin Tampa Harbour Island

Been to The Inn at Little Harbor? Share your experiences!