I want to make sure people realize that I am not rating the hotel itself, but rather the condos that are on the same property. These are available for rent at various sites.
The condos are near the resort property but it is a medium walk past the marina to get to the resort itself. The beach is sandy and pretty, but the water looked very shallow and not very inviting for swimming. There were only two beach chairs on the beach when we visited. The Tiki bar looked festive and we saw a sumptuous feast (AYCE buffet) being offered at the lounge and restaurant, but at $25 per person it was more than we cared to pay. (It was Thanksgiving weekend.) So we can't rate the food at all. We didn't use the resort facilities much, but did make use of the business center to print off our boarding passes with no problems. The hostess at the restaurant was kind and helpful as well, even though we didn't choose to eat there.
Our condo was new and furnished in a European (think IKEA) style. Each one is obviously decorated to the owner's tastes. It was a bland white with relatively high ceilings. You must go up many stairs to reach the first livable area, as the ground floor is the garage. Then another set of stairs gets you to the bedroom level. We found occasional cockroaches, but this is Florida. Ours was very clean. I didn't like the plumbing noises (e.g. when the upstairs toilet is flushed you hear it on the main level) and our flooring was lots of nice tile. However that made for lots of noise transferrance - for example from the dryer on the bedroom level or the main TV echoing throughout the entire place. (Maybe others have some carpeting??)
The fan started everytime you turned on the light in the main level bathroom and it was noisy. The doors on the bedroom level had windows over them and when my husband turned on the light in the ensuite bathroom at 6:00 am it shone right into the bedroom through that window. Between the light and the noisy fan and the echoing tiles he woke me up every time.
Everything in our condo worked well. There are nice huge patio doors that can create a wonderful cross breeze through the entire condo. The bedrooms (we had 3) were of medium/small size, but nicely furnished.The streets are quiet and there is a pool for just the condo area. (Another one is at the resort.)
There was a horrible swampy smell as we approached the property that was bad. However, it stopped before we got to the resort itself. We also had a dreadful swampy smell when we turned on the tap water, but that went away if you ran the water for awhile.
The thing the my family didn't like that others have mentioned was that it is about 15 miles from Tampa and in an area with no other night activities. However, it was halfway between Bradenton Beach and Tampa so it worked out okay for us and the activities we had planned. Don't choose this resort if you want a large choice of nearby restaurants or night clubs. All in all, we might stay here again, as none of the minuses were enough to deter us, but I think I would look around for someplace further south.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Caribbean-style island resort on the South Shore of Tampa Bay - The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. This unique resort and residential village provides a harmonious blend of Anglo-Caribbean architecture, lush tropical landscaping, island style hospitality and the natural wonders of a waterfront resort.Conveniently secluded between Tampa and Sarasota, The Resort & Club at Little Harbor is a full-service, AAA Travel Guide, three-diamond, resort hotel and conference center situated on 124 acres, completely surrounded by the tranquil waters of our harbors, marinas and Tampa Bay. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we have an option for you at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. Relax and enjoy our half mile stretch of secluded, white sandy beach. Take a dip in one of three heated pools and two Jacuzzi. Feeling competitive? Shoot hoops, play beach volleyball or play tennis on one of our five tennis courts. The entire family will enjoy themselves on our 250 foot fishing pier shuffleboard court horseshoe field or in our two fitness centers or enjoy our watersports including kayaks, jetskis, hydro bikes or paddleboards.Boaters arrive in paradise with deep-water access, 330 wet-slips, 220 high and dry slips, on-site fuel dock, bait and tackle store, fully stocked ship’s store, and boat trailer parking with near-by flats and deep sea fishing.Dine at one of two waterfront restaurants, The Sunset Grill or Sunset lounge and our beach-side Tiki Bar. Choose from a selection of steaks, sumptuous seafood, stacked sandwiches open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with live entertainment outside on Friday Through Sunday evenings.The Resort & Club at Little Harbor offers a vast array of guest room accommodations perfect for individuals, couples, families and groups desiring a resort destination. Guest accommodations include our standard, deluxe and Junior Suites along with our brand new studio, one, two and three bedroom suites and town homes, all offering breathtaking water views of Tampa Bay or our marinas, harbor and nature preserves.All guest rooms have been completely renovated to provide you with the necessary conveniences to ensure your comfort. An iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave and mini refrigerator are standard items in every room. A spacious work desk area with ample lighting, direct dial telephones, free high-speed internet access, 32" flat screen color cable television with free premium channels. Individual climate control air conditioning and heating, private bathrooms with granite counter tops and private balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Inn at Little Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel Ruskin
- The Resort And Club At Little Harbor
- Hotel At Little Harbor
- Resort At Little Harbor
- Resort Club Little Harbor