We arrived on a Monday night after dinner and the lobby was very pretty. I expected to have to drive a long ways from the airport and knew it was sucluded. I had been informed that they were only at 30% capacity in the hotel so I asked nicely if they would be willing to upgrade us to the next room up. Only because we were going to be there for 12 days. We were spending a moderate amount of money with them. I wanted the one with a small kitchenette and a bit bigger for all 4 of us. Jennifer at the front desk was very nice about it. She looked and said that she would have to get her managers approval and she wasn't there till the morning. I said I would check back the next day. Long story short they opted not to upgrade me, sadly. I accepted it.
The first room was in building c. Smelly hall, old looking. The room was nice. a little cramped but I was willing to work with it. This room would have been sufficient but after a few days it wore on me. The closet door was broken so everytime I opened it I had to fight to close it. It was behind the door that left the room so it's not like I could have left it open. Also the plug behind the tv only had 1 working outlet. So if we wanted to watch tv or get on the laptop we had to get down and reach behind. The smell to was a bit overwhelming in the hall sometimes. So I called down to the front desk and they offered to move me.
The next day, so day 4 I think we switch in the morning. We were put in the main building on the 2nd floor facing the back pool. It was nice at first. The layout was just a bit different with the closet and kitchen. Still the same size. Everything seemed fine. Later after we had gone out for a few hrs we came back to the room. When I opened the door I smelt a faint smokey smell, cigs. I didn't think to much of it. And it was gone. Later that night bf bed I opened up the bathroom door and the bathroom smelled as if someone had been smoking right on the toilet. I almost yacked it smelled so strong. So I shut the door and looked around. No smell in the hall or outside. so I called down to the front desk and she said she would send security around to find the cause of the smell. I saw him walking down the hall and had him come in and take a smell. He was shocked! After they gave me some air freshener and the fan was on it went away. We went to bed and when I woke up in the morning it was aweful. I felt suffocated by the strong smell of smoke that now filled my room. It was only 6 in the morning, but I got up and went down to the desk in my pjs to change rooms asap. I waited till the kids got up and moved down the hall all the way to the end, now facing the tennis court.
And never leave anything in the room, you may not get it back again. My son accidentally left his new whale stuffed animal from sea world in the first room we were in. I went back a few hours after we had changed the room that first time and the room had already been cleaned. They said it wasn't in the lost and found so I thought the maid had stolen it, and I was upset. They said they would let me know if it came up. Now when we were in our 3rd room, days later the maid just happen to come in and clean while we were there. I was talking to her about my stay and mentioned the whale stuffed animal and she said " I was the one who cleaned that room". "I put it in a clear bag and put it in the lost and found that same day I found it." So I got on the phone and called down and had them check and magically it was there. It had been there the WHOLE time! I swear! Thanks Crystal for putting it away safe!! And Jennifer for being great too!
The third room was ok, however the mini fridge had issues. It had a wall of ice in it and was dripping on the floor. The repair man came to fix it about a half an hour after we had gotten in the room. and he had to defrost it. In the mean time my milk and yogurt and other stuff in the fridge sat on the counter for about an hour and half. ERG! The rest of the stay wasn't so bad.
Manager Nancy with the accent, not so nice.
The water in the bay is not blue like in the pictures on the websight. It is a dingy brown. But it is still a beautiful view of st.pete and has a great pier. Also good for fishing!
The restraunt food is good. Not the best I have ever had. But it was a little pricey. The service there by Christopher and Zulema was great! Very on top of things and nice. The view and the tiki bar are really sweet! We also rented the kiacka and that was really fun. Hot, but fun!
Also most of the staff at the hotel doesn't smile. They aren't really rude, but not really friendly either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Caribbean-style island resort on the South Shore of Tampa Bay - The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. This unique resort and residential village provides a harmonious blend of Anglo-Caribbean architecture, lush tropical landscaping, island style hospitality and the natural wonders of a waterfront resort.Conveniently secluded between Tampa and Sarasota, The Resort & Club at Little Harbor is a full-service, AAA Travel Guide, three-diamond, resort hotel and conference center situated on 124 acres, completely surrounded by the tranquil waters of our harbors, marinas and Tampa Bay. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we have an option for you at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. Relax and enjoy our half mile stretch of secluded, white sandy beach. Take a dip in one of three heated pools and two Jacuzzi. Feeling competitive? Shoot hoops, play beach volleyball or play tennis on one of our five tennis courts. The entire family will enjoy themselves on our 250 foot fishing pier shuffleboard court horseshoe field or in our two fitness centers or enjoy our watersports including kayaks, jetskis, hydro bikes or paddleboards.Boaters arrive in paradise with deep-water access, 330 wet-slips, 220 high and dry slips, on-site fuel dock, bait and tackle store, fully stocked ship’s store, and boat trailer parking with near-by flats and deep sea fishing.Dine at one of two waterfront restaurants, The Sunset Grill or Sunset lounge and our beach-side Tiki Bar. Choose from a selection of steaks, sumptuous seafood, stacked sandwiches open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with live entertainment outside on Friday Through Sunday evenings.The Resort & Club at Little Harbor offers a vast array of guest room accommodations perfect for individuals, couples, families and groups desiring a resort destination. Guest accommodations include our standard, deluxe and Junior Suites along with our brand new studio, one, two and three bedroom suites and town homes, all offering breathtaking water views of Tampa Bay or our marinas, harbor and nature preserves.All guest rooms have been completely renovated to provide you with the necessary conveniences to ensure your comfort. An iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave and mini refrigerator are standard items in every room. A spacious work desk area with ample lighting, direct dial telephones, free high-speed internet access, 32" flat screen color cable television with free premium channels. Individual climate control air conditioning and heating, private bathrooms with granite counter tops and private balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Little Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort And Club At Little Harbor
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel Ruskin
- Hotel At Little Harbor
- Resort At Little Harbor
- Resort Club Little Harbor