“A little Taste of Cuba”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Want a great Cuban meal close to home (if you live in Ruskin, Apollo Beach or Sun City), try Ybor Grille! Food always freshly prepared and homemade! The Sangria isn't bad either!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I used to get deviled crab back in the 80s and loved them. I thought they were gone but found them at this place. They're great. Each one contains at least a whole crab. Deviled then enclosed in corn meal and fried. Excellent. I gobbled mine and my wife handled 1/2. For the meal, she ordered chicken and yellow rice. It was a quarter chicken on delicious safron rice. Great bread too. My grouper sandwich was outstanding. A large fillet, seasoned then beer battered. The homemade chips were too much.

Oh yeah. Ice cold beer. All this for two for under $40. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

get the 7th ave steak. there is no question about it. you get slices of Cuban bread with an olive butter spread. I tried to make it at home just not the same. try their sangria hmm better order a pitcher. now onto the steak --- you get 2 sides with your entrée. I get a cup of soup and a salad. but you have a choice. the steak is thick and juicy with a dollop of seasoned butter on top. the Spanish food is very good also. great menu choices. I took a bus load of people in there and they served us all with no problem. the wait people are wonderful and very efficient. very glad it is close to home so I can visit frequently. Don't let the place fool you doesn't really look like much and the ceiling tiles could use a little fixing but clean and good food.

1  Thank crickett201
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband has frequented this place for black beans and rice several times while in the area. We took the family there last night and it was great. As with one of the previous reviewers, there were not many people in the restaurant but we were seated to the back. True it was not the best atmosphere but it did not distract from the food. I have ordered to-go food before and the place was packed with standing room only. Sometimes I heard a wait of 30 mins on the week-end. We tried all the soups and the navy bean soup (Caldo Gallego) was the best with chunks of ham and chorizo. The Taste of Ybor was my favorite with a little of Picadillo, Ropa Vieja (old clothes), and roast pork. The roast pork was a little bland compared to all the wonderful spices of the other 2 dishes. I ordered a side of garlic mashed potatoes and yes as the other reviewer says it was chunky but that's how my mom makes them for Thanksgiving and they were flavorful! The Flan and Bread Pudding were to die for. We ordered 2 pieces and shared it - i wish i would have had my own! Our server, Jesenia was very sweet and nice and on top of things. We got our meal so fast and the girls, 13 and 15 loved it! Take your family and enjoy a different kind of food. There is something for everyone here.

1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed March 30, 2014

their soups are good as is their sangria and mains. they are very friendly and service was great. it was the closest good restaurant to our hotel the harborside suites in ruskin

Been to Ybor Grille? Share your experiences!