“A hidden treasure in Royal Palm Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Francesca's Pizza and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Francesca's Pizza and Wine Bar
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
“A hidden treasure in Royal Palm Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The menu has a good variety (It's an Italian Restaurant...don't expect French cuisine) Their marinara is excellent, but the best thing they serve is Pizza. Do not get extra cheese...there's plenty on the pizza and you don't want the extra salt from the additional cheese. The prices are fair. This place is hidden off Okeechobee Blvd, look for the sign.

Visited March 2014

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great local italian dining...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Had dinner here on a Sunday night. Place was a little slow but atmosphere was pleasant and casual. Professional Bull riding on one of the 4 flat screens (random). I could of done without the TVs in the dining area. It's not exactly a sports bar. There is a bar area where it is more appropriate.

Anyway, on to the more important items. Food! We picked this based on the previous TA reviews and it didn't disappoint. Service was on point and our meal was delicious. Our daughter had the mozzarella sticks and spaghetti and meatballs off the kids menu and we ordered the carne (meat) pizza and lasagna.

Our daughter found the marinara sauce a little bit too spicy but liked the meatball. I thought the marinara was delicious but be warned for your little one. It does have a little kick. She didn't eat more than a few bites. She liked the mozzarella sticks. I had one and it was cooked well (pet peeve of mine when under/over cooked) but seemed to just be pulled out of the freezer. They were good but nothing special or unique about them.

The lasagna was great. Portion is closer to what I would consider a "serving". However, you might be a little let down if you're expecting the 2lb block of lasagna most chains give you. You shouldn't be. The portion is adequate and way better than any chains.

The pizza was also great. I have been on record stating that Mario The Baker (I've reviewed it separately) has the best pizza in Royal Palm Beach but this place is very close to matching them. Crust here is also thin but slightly more doughy than Mario The Baker. We ordered the 16" and it's enough for 3. I loved it.

The same marinara with a little kick is used with the lasagna and pizza from what I could tell. Again, I thought it was very good. You also get some sliced white bread at your table served hot. Bonus points for having it fresh. I dipped it in the marinara sauce we had for the mozzarella sticks. That was a solid move! Ask for some on the side for an alternative to the butter they provide you.

They had a 2 for 1 beer special. Not sure if it's a Sunday or everyday thing The server didn't mention it when we ordered our meal, or even when I inquired about their selection of craft beers (decent selection of them BTW). I wanted a draft and went with a Amberbock and after I ordered it she mentioned it was on special (2 for 1). Weird. Anyway, it came out ice cold in a cold mug. Excellent!

Price wasn't outrageous but not exactly a big value. I attached copies of the menu and our receipt. Almost $60 with tip for some pizza and pasta. It's all fresh and tasty so I didn't expect a bargain but the service and atmosphere is VERY casual. If I had one comment (and it's a minor one) I would suggest dropping their price to match the casual atmosphere or upping their presentation and service to meet the prices their asking. It won't stop me from coming back but probably won't be in a weekly rotation. Probably once every 4-6 weeks. For what it's worth, our pizza had 3 toppings for $18.99 and Mario The Baker has a "special" pizza with 6 toppings for $17.25. Plus they (Mario) sell large pizzas on Mondays for the price of a medium.

• Visited May 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good atmosphere, really good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We dined out on a Saturday night and delightfully surprised that we didn't have to wait for a table. Our time there started with good soup, pasta fagioli, then served with our entrees, baked penne and baked 4-cheese ravioli. We added the Italian sausage (2) to a meal and (2) meatballs to the other meal. Both meats were tasty. Tina, our server, was attentive without hovering.
The menu is limited when it comes to pasta entrees but there is a good selection of sandwiches and pizza.

Visited March 2014
Tavernier, Florida
“Slice of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We met some old friends for diner here and had a really great time. The service was warm friendly and skilled and right on time . We had the eggplant appetizer and a one of a kind fried artichoke with a wonderful dipping sauce. The chef makes a special square pizza with fresh mozzarella cheese San Marzano tomato and fresh basil from his grandmothers recipe. The wine was just right and priced fair. I can't remember the last time we went out to eat and closed the restaurant
Having such a great time. This is a family owned and operated restaurant worth a trip from anywhere.

1 Thank David F
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“an undiscovered gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Friends and I recently tried Francesca's in Royal Palm Beach FL and have decided it's an undiscovered gem! We all ordered a different item and were most happy with our choices. The place itself is pleasant and attractive, the service was attentive without being "in your face," the prices were certainly reasonable, and it's a safe bet to say we'll definitely be making return visits.
The only problem was what to order, as the menu features many tempting items. Not only do we plan on returning, but we're certainly going to spread the word to friends. This place is a "keeper"!

• Visited January 2014