“Not as bad as I thought it may be”
Review of Royal Inn

Royal Inn
NJ
“Not as bad as I thought it may be”
Reviewed April 8, 2008

My mom booked our room for a family get together.
I then went on line and read the reviews. I have to say I was worried.
Mold can be a big problem when you have asthma
and my sister has C.O.P.D.

the room was not bad, just remember to bring your own shampoos and stuff.

We stayed in the new section, and I do have to say the carpet was gross.
if you did not put on your shoes right a way your socks or bare feet would be black within minutes. there where small ants in the closet, but that was not that big of a deal.

The staff was excellent. they where kind and helpful.
the restaurant across the street (Hillery"s ) was awesome. great deals, big portions great service.
all in all a very nice stay.
would think about staying there again

• Liked — convienant location
  • Disliked — carpet needed to be cleaned!!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cocoa, FL
Reviewed March 8, 2008

I have stayed here numerous times due to the proximity of an event I attend annually so I know what to expect and don't get my hopes up too high, nor am I extremely disappointed when things are not quite right. My rooms are rarely in excellent condition, this trip the bed was broken, there were no curtains on the rear window and the blinds that were there were dirty and were incapable of closing completely. There was something wet and sticky and of unknown origin on the carpet that I had to keep avoiding and when I would forget and step in it, I had to either change my socks or wash my feet.

The TV remote did not work correctly and when I opened it to check the batteries, some unidentified liquid leaked onto my hands. I had to disinfect my hands and the remote before continuing use. A few times I just got up and changed the channel and volume manually since the remote was not reacting to my commands very well.

I know the check in time is 3:00 and that is when I arrived. This is the second time (I have stayed here at least 4 times) I had to wait at least 30 minutes past the published check-in time to get my room because the cleaning staff were behind on their duties.

At the bar Saturday night, it would take up to five minutes after my drink was empty to get a refill (and there were only 3 or 4 of us in the bar at the time) and we had trouble finding the bartender. The dining room was too warm for the number of people that were present. There were not enough wait staff to care for the 60+ people that were in attendance and it would take up to 20 minutes to order a drink and another 15 to 20 minutes to get the drink. One thing I can say to the positive, the food was excellent.

The front check-in lobby area is much improved over my past stays and the staff are usually friendly. I was disappointed with not having internet access in my room, but it was available in the lobby area, so I could access for business purposes and found this acceptable over no internet access at all. This is an improvement over the past when there was no internet access and I am hopeful there will be wireless access to all of the rooms soon.

They have been making many improvements at the hotel and it holds great potential. I am a tough camper and can handle the less than perfect conditions for the proximity to the event and the people who attend the event. There are also a couple good places to eat close by that lend to the desirability, for me, to stay here.

• Liked — Proximity to the event I was attending.
  • Disliked — Service and cleanliness.
  • Stayed February 2008

Travelers are raving about these Royal Palm Beach hotels

Maryland
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I stayed with my family in the older section of the hotel as I came down for our family reunion. I had serious concerns after reading some of the reviews but we had a very plesant stay. The Staff was fabulous and especially the cleaning crew. Our rooms was very conmfortable. Checking in was easy and our 6 day stay worked out just fine. My only comment is Maybe they can upgrade their TV cable service but that is the least and is no worst that some of the major hotels that I have visited. Thanks to Rhonda and her team for a great stay.

• Liked — Its location
  • Disliked — Cable TV service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Indian47
Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I read some of the earlier reviews and was a little scared but I stayed in the new remodled section and it was beautiful. The staff at the desk were nice and attentive. They were training so check-in took a little while but again the staff was very nice. I would recommend this hotel based on the new rooms. I would suggest asking for the remodeled section of the hotel until all of the hotel is done.

• Liked — The room was beautiful!
  • Disliked — The workers remodleing were very loud in the mornings.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank muchtraveler
wpb
Reviewed February 28, 2007

This is a dump and and when I reported my room was dirty I was told to check out I had book 5 rooms for a wedding party guest for out of town and was embarrased. I will never tell anyone to stay at the hotel. At 6 p.m. I was told the Manager was off tll the am. The hotel is owned my Jess Santamaria county commissioner ,

• Liked — checking out of the dump
  • Disliked — arriving in the dirty mold covered room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank htfesw543
New Hampshire
Reviewed January 14, 2007

We have stayed in one of their suites two years in a row. The suite is very roomy with a full bathroom, plus another sink/vanity area, a kitchen with table and appliances, plenty of closet space and two TVs. We stayed in other hotels during our trips that cost twice as much and were cramped and had other issues.
They have a nice little tiki bar area. The pool seemed fine too.
My only criticism is that the carpets were dirty. They didn't look it, but the bottom of my kids socks were very dark after walking on the carpet for awhile.
The only other issue is the overly friendly and very ugly ducks. There is a nice lakeview, but these ducks will walk right into your room if you leave the sliding doors open.
Unfortunately, they don't seem to have anyway to book online.
We plan to stay there again in April and will update our reveiw then!

• Liked — Room size
  • Disliked — Dirty carpet
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid the ugly ducks
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank peggynh
Hastings, FL
Reviewed December 9, 2006

This Inn was a very dirty place. It was roach infested as well as molding and the bathroom in my room was not properly cleaned. There was a used bar of soap in the shower soap dish. Also, my friends room was previously flooded which left a lot of mold and water. The microwave oven in my room was rusted as well as not cleaned in years. The hallway carpet was bleached and or discolored which gave the hallway an unbearable smell. The customer service was awful, they did not try to accomodate their guest and address their neeeds or concerns. I constantly saw guest at the front desk complaining of their accomdations. The price may appear reasonable, but the discomfort is not worth the price. Avoid this Inn at all cost.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank Concern9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royal Palm Beach
La Quinta Inn West Palm Beach - Florida Turnpike
La Quinta Inn West Palm Beach - ...
#23 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike
Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Flor...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Wellington
Hampton Inn West Palm Beach-Lake Worth-Turnpike
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#30 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to Royal Inn? Share your experiences!