“Generous portions!”

Add it.
I'm Greek Today
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Probably no listing, I found out it only opened about 3-4 months ago.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had been talking about eating Greek recently, and today was the day. I'm Greek Today is in the Southern Palms Crossing Plaza in Royal Palm Beach. It was late afternoon when we went there, so there was only one other group having lunch there. The walls were lined with pictures of Greece, and a movie of the same was playing in the back of the restaurant. Tables were lined with blue and white checked tablecloths. We came in and was told we could sit anywhere we'd like. We chose a small table for two then the waiter suggested we go to the bigger table for more room.

I ordered the lunch portion original souvlaki platter which came with a Greek salad and lemon potatoes or Greek fries. All the platters come with the same. I opted for the lemon potatoes. My husband ordered the gyro platter (beef and lamb).

I'm not quite sure, but the establishment seems to be family owned and operated. Our waiter brought out some pita bread and hummus. The hummus was the best I've ever had. There was a very generous portion and the pita bread was warm and soft. The hummus was smooth, creamy and very tasty. I'd come back just for the hummus alone! We did not pay extra for the bread and hummus like another reviewer mentioned.

When our meals came out, everything was on the platter. The portions were very generous, and more than I could eat, but I ate it all anyway. The lemon potatoes were flavorful and tasty. The salad was littered with a generous portion of feta cheese, and my pork also had a lot of flavor. I had a sampling of the shaved lamb and beef gyro, and it was also very good.

We were too full to enjoy dessert, but we ordered some baklava to go. The waiter told us not to refrigerate it and warm it in the microwave for 60 seconds. The baklava was not overly sweet and had a hint of citrus flavor to it. It was great!

Overall, we had a great meal at I'm Greek Today and plan on returning.

There are newer reviews for I'm Greek Today

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had taken my family to I'm Greek Today to dine several months ago and had a pleasant experience so when my wife mentioned that that gyros sounded good, as we were both seperately on our way home form work last evening, I said I would stop by and get dinner.  The website states that they are open until 11pm on Thursday evenings, and the door stated 10pm.  So one might imagine my surprise at 9:20 when after driving 20 minutes out of my way to pick up dinner I found the door locked when I approached.  I stood at the door and checked my watch and the hours posted on the door while a group of 3 or 4 employees sat towards the back of the restaurant in the dark drinking out of large cups watching a movie on the large television.  The employees saw me standing there and then went back to watching their movie.  None of them took the time to get up and come and explain that maybe they closed early due to being slow or some other issue, they just let me stand there for a few minutes calling my wife to see what other food she might be interested in for dinner.  If this is a statement to the custmorer service culture of the operation I would much rather spend my money elsewhere.  If business has declined to the point where they are cutting back their hours it is obvious as to why.  I spoke with the manager this morning and she said she is off on Weds and Thurs and she was disappointed to hear my report.  Well I was disappointed as well and drove all the way down east of 95 to get gyros.  The manager I spoke with (a female, she did not give a name) seemed quite unfazed by hearing this.  As someone who has run several restaurants and works in sales, I would be livid and do whatever I could to get that customer back in the door to show them what my expectation of service is.  Unfortunately, for those of us who enjoy Greek food there are limited options in this area but I would reccomend spending your dining out dollars someplace else that offers a higher level of customer service.  I am quite certain that I will travel the extra distance to go to Slouvaki Grill, a little corner gyro stand, when the urge for Greek food hits.  As this is a Independent operation I hope the owner gets a chance to read this review and address these concerns with the staff.  If he would like to get a hold of me for any other information I can be contacted at usmc8541nc at aol.  Good Luck

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Generous portions, wonderful flavors. Pleasant atmosphere. U are not pushed to hurry & leave. I'm Greek Today is tucked away in the mall just down from Stein Mart; so I did not realize it was there till my friends graciously took me there for dinner & I have been bringing friends back ever since. I highly recommend it. Very satisfied.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been going here since they opened and have been increadingly disappointed with the service and food quality. I have ordered many items off their menu that claimed to be grilled, but when I received them they were fried...including the portabella gyro (fried mushroom absorbs the oil--disgusting!). I try to eat healthily and do not eat fried food, so I prefer to get what I order. This has also happened multiple times with the regular gyro meat. Furthermore, the last couple of times we went we waited a good 10 minutes before being greeted by the server and amother 15 minutes for drinks and much longer for food because they had an event going on. Even though much of the restaurant was empty. I would have thought you would schedule more personnel to accommodate so your regular guests continue to receive quality treatment. Unfortunately, this is not how I'm Greek Today operates. As a result, I will no longer frequent this establishment.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'm at I'm Greek Today almost everyday. I've been working here for about 2 months now, my name is Devon, and I guarantee great service and smiles from me. I eat here everyday and will never get sick of our greek salads, delicious lamb chops ( I like them rare :)), and as for our fish.. the Sole Lemonato, fresh sole with a light lemon sauce, is my favorite. If you haven't been in awhile and have given us an unfavorable review, give I'm Greek Today one more shot. Smiles, great atmosphere and delicious Greek food :) Come in and judge for youself! You'll be Greek everyday of the week too :)