“Reunion lunch”

Ranked #3 of 82 Restaurants in Rockledge
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Six coworkers and I had a long overdue reunion lunch with a former supervisor. We planned to enjoy the beautiful outdoor, overlooking the river area. Since the weather was so hot we decided to go indoors. The interior is Aldo very nice with lovely river views. Our waiter was superb, waiting on eight ladies is not easy. Everyone enjoyed their food. The crab cakes were very good. The chocolate desert was heavenly. I plan to go again with a couples group.

RiverRocks, General Manager at River Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2014

Sandy,
We are delighted to hear your Reunion was so enjoyable at The Dock, we are a great place for everyday dining and special celebrations. Thank you for your wonderful review and please contact me oor any member of management if we can help you with your couples group on your next visit.

Steve Newbern
The Dock @ River Rocks

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Nice place to meet for drinks in the evening outside if the weather isn't too hot. (Better fans/ventilation would be nice.) When it's too hot during the day, the air-conditioned restaurant has equally good views.

Thank you for sharing with you how you enjoyed the view from The Dock at River Rocks. Yes it was a hot summer and if we could figiure out a way to get Mother Nature to give us a cooler summer we would. We hope to see you soon now that the weather is beautiful again at The Dock.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I went to Brunch on 21 July 2014. The waffles were had and dry from sitting under the heat lamp (at one time the waffles were made fresh) our omelets were burned. We has to flag down a waitress just to order drinks. To top it all off when the bill arrived they had the audacity to charges 3% service charge for less than stellar service. yes, my wife and I have been there on several other occasions however yesterday was our last.

1  Thank 3,962
RiverRocks, General Manager at River Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

3962,

We are disappointed to here that your recent visits on Sunday July 20th was not as enjoyable as your past visits. As you know it is a unlimited serving buffet, the omelets are made to order in front of you with you choosing the ingredients. If you felt your omelet was unacceptable you could have asked for it to be remade to your liking, as for any items including the waffles we would gladly make you another one. I will address the issues you had with service with the other members of our management team to assure this never happens again. We have had the 3 percent service fee for over a year now, and it doesn't effect you unless you plan on tipping less than 3 percent. We have it clearly written on the guest check and the menu of the charge and ask that you adjust your tip accordingly. The 3 percent is what all industries deduct from servers tips to supplement the pay the bartenders, host staff and buss staff who assist them in their jobs. We do thank you for being a loyal guest as you stated in your review and you have frequented our establishment many time and had enjoyed your visit. We do strive for 100% guest satisfaction at all time, please feel free to contact myself or any other member of our management team to see how we can rectify this issue and regain you as a loyal guest.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I said it all in my title. There is a huge difference in the quality (and cost) of the food between sitting outside and inside. If only there were a happy medium. I love the outside part for the ambiance but seriously, I will NEVER willingly go there to eat again. And the cost of the food inside, although much more palatable, makes it difficult for this family of 5 to dine there.

Just a Girl,

As you stated in your review we are Two Unique Dinning Experiences under on roof. I would love to speak to you in further detail in reference to your recent visit. Unfortunately because of the vagueness of your review i can not understand what the issues were. I do understand that in this economy that when a family of five dines out they do expect to get value for their money. I was one of nine children and if we ever got to go to a restaurant if was a big event. Please feel free to contact me at 321-757-7200 to insure we can address the issues you encountered on your last visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My boyfriend took me here for my birthday and the food was fantastic. I had the prime rib and he had the filet. The service was outstanding and the dining room has a lovely view of the river. If you want more casual dining you can go to the outside dock area and bar.
When we told them that it was my birthday they brought a piece of key lime pie out on the house. Wonderful experience, highly recommended!

RiverRocks, General Manager at River Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Rae443,

Thank you for choosing River Rocks to celebrate your birthday. We are so pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations during your visit. Hopefully we will see you soon at River Rocks or as you stated in your review The Dock our outside casual concept.