“Great food and great view!”
Review of River Rocks

River Rocks
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Rockledge
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
melbourne, fl
“Great food and great view!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have tried pretty much the whole menu and have never been disappointed. The blackened scallops are a favorite of mine. You really can't beat sipping on a cold drink, eating delicious food and watching dolphins in the river. The service has always been impeccable and I will continue to frequent this location.

• Visited April 2014
RiverRocks, General Manager at River Rocks, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Melbourne Momma,
Thank you for the five star review you gave The Dock. We do love it so when locals such as yourself have great food and service each time you visit us. Please take the time on your next visit to introduce yourself to one our managers so we can put you on our VIP List. I am sure we will see you soon.

Steve Newbern
The Dock

Florida
“Enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I would give this between a 4 and a 4.5. A little pricey - we ate inside not out on the river. The food was delicious and the service was very good (note there is a 3% service fee).

The food - I had the Caesar salad with polenta croutons (the best!) and my husband had the house salad. For our entrées I had the shrimp and scallops Oscar - shrimp and lump crabmeat with lobster sherry cream, asparagus. I loved it! My husband had the special - Mahi-mahi seared with risotto with parsnips and carrots. He said it was wonderful. We even had dessert - coconut crème brulee for him and Key Lime pie for me.

We would go back again for dinner. We thought about Mother's Day Sunday brunch - but I refuse to do a buffet on Mother's Day or my birthday. Any other time - fine but those days I should be waited on.

• Visited November 2013
DessertMagpie,

Thank you for your excellent review of River Rocks our inside dining concept. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your experience. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Florida

Sincerely Yours
River rocks
Jacksonville, Florida
“I’d like to say “it rocks” but alas”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

For mother’s day, I took mom and family to River Rocks. This is my second time dining here in the past two years. Both times I called ahead for reservations and both times, the individual who answered could not take my reservation, rather someone would have to call me back. I find this a bit disconcerting.

For this special day, a brunch was served. It is my opinion that service was just plain lacking, but then again, every table was full and perhaps the staff was simply overwhelmed. The selection available was quite impressive and the food was, again just an opinion, just average. An omelet station was set up and the eggs had been beaten ahead of time, I assume for quickness while preparing, and seemed to have been watered down. Actually, I’ve had better omelets at Denny’s.

I believe if you are looking for a place to eat in this area, that is reasonably good and has excellent views (very picturesque) then River Rocks is a good choice. While I don’t personally believe calling it exceptional would be a stretch, it was certainly packed with patrons and it was ok, albeit a bit disappointing.

I maintain that if someone decides to open a four-star establishment in a location like this, it will be super successful. If River Rocks improves service and food, it could be a really great place. Next time for mother’s day or other special occasions, I’ll most likely look somewhere else.

• Visited May 2014
RiverRocks, General Manager at River Rocks, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Larry,
We are surprised to hear you did not enjoy your experience on Mother's Day. As you know it is one of the busiest dining days of the year. We have once again this year been awarded Brevard's Best Brunch. That being said yes we did over 900 covers that day between 9am-6pm, we do strive for one hundred percent guest satisfaction at all time. When you are that busy unfortunately it sometimes with all the chaos it takes away from the dining experience. Every item on our Brunch is made to order not kept in a holding box like some hotels or other restaurants do. As you said many times in your review that this was your opinion, and we do value every guests feedback. I will say that the locals would riot if we were not to have our Brunch on these special occasions, and we have many a guests who have made this a dining family tradition with us for over five years. We do hope you decide to visit us again in the near future.

River Rocks
florida
“Over Priced and Not a place we'll go back.”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had some "friends" bring us to the restaurant the day before Mothers Day, well the evening before. While we live Very close, we'd heard others in past talk about it and we'd gone once before but felt it was not for Us. However our friends wanted to go so we went for dinner. The Customer Service is Great but as a vegetarian I had to get the shrimp and pasta and I could not eat it, couldn't stand smelling it actually. My husband and our friends got the prime and they were very happy and the other had Duck and she finished hers too, but for me, no way, did Not eat anything but the bread and some salad. Not for me.

Visited May 2014
Debbie,
we are delighted to hear that your friends had a wonderful meal in River Rocks and as you said Great Customer Service. We are disappointed to hear you did not share their joy. When you made your reservation had you informed the manager taking the reservation of your dietary restrictions we could have had our chef create a wonder vegetarian entrée for you. We have had many requests for vegetarian and vegan entrees which our chef has always exceeded the guest expectations. We hope that you do try be our guest again in the future, please contact myself or any other member of management if we can be of any assistance.

. River Rocks
Indialantic, Florida
“Nice outdoor dinner place”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This honestly is 2 restaurants as there are separate menus for inside and outside dining. This review will focus on the outdoor aspects.

The menu is actually quite nice and affordable. What you would expect from casual dining. The crab cakes tasted good but we're heavily on filling and light on crab. I had the Caribbean shrimp skewers which were quite good. The other diners in the part had fish tacos and the tuna sandwich both were good.

The big draw here is the ambiance. Since the outdoor menu isn't available inside which has a more upscale menu.

• Visited May 2014
Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a excellent review of The Dock at River Rocks. It is still a secret to people after over 5 years of being open that we are two unique concepts under on roof.
We try to offer excellent customer service in both concepts. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience when you dined at The Dock. River Rock also has a outside dining area a little more intimate consisting of only eight tables, but the inside has the view. We just offer something a little upscale for those who are not looking for casual dining. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

River Rocks and The Dock