“We came for the "ghosts", stayed for the food”

Ashley’s of Rockledge
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Rockledge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Have you heard the legend of the ghosts. Well that aside, Ashleys is a charming, well cared for homey restaurant. I came to town in the 70's and its been here since then, probably a lot longer. Very good fare, and good service. We ordered apps, then got salads with our meals and a huge cut of nicely done Prime rib, they know medium-rare, it was a perfect medium-rare and delicious. We go often and will continue to do so.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

L32955 is correct! The food is good, but not exceptional, the atmosphere is really nice and in my book, their mark up on a basic bottle of wine is very reasonable. I would like to try the patio during a Gator game. I had the turkey wrap the last time I ate here and it was good, but only better than what I could have done because I am a lousy wrapper. My husband had the fresh Mahi and liked it quite well. We will probably visit again because we are suckers for eating and drinking in older historic buildings.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The food is good, the service has always been great. The building and history of it are very cool to learn about while you dine. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Ate here early Jan. Food was just ok. Son had fried chicken;I had burger. Small pieces of chicken with soggy green beans. Burger rather dry. Not very good.
This place has interesting history and a ghost, I'm told. Nice dark old paneling.
What they need is someone to to clean. We sat in a booth where the hanging lamp was so covered with dust that I was afraid it would fall in our plates.
When we left I mentioned the dirt to the manager. We were offered nothing. Would never come back.

1  Thank L32955
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I went to Florida to visit family for Christmas and we went there to eat. To me the food was delicious! I found it cool that the waitress was telling us her experiences with the ghosts. It was some pretty cool/creepy stuff. She had pics on her camera and I can say it was the real deal... So I say y'all should go, and if y'all are there, ask the waiters and waitresses if they've encountered any crazy things. I honestly do believe them because I've seen one while in Monks Corner,SC, but it's pretty cool to here there stories (and see pics if they have any)

1  Thank uscgirl99