“not worth the $”

We rented thid Room over a Website bad misatke
overcharged
The Smell in the Room was nausiating evenmore so when the Air kicked in
The Carpet were filthy dirty
The worst was that there are some kind of bugs in thethat bite your feet and legs
The sheets and blankets had burn holes in them and looked old and worn
The only good thing was the Pool area was nice and clean

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
travelodgewestpalm, Webmaster at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm for your recent stay in our area. I’m glad that you like the pool area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
LaBelle, FL
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I just don't get it. Don't they clean the hotel rooms every day? Why don't they actually CLEAN the bathroom? The shower and toilet area was very dirty. I wore flip flops in the shower and did not put my stuff on the floor. The bed was comfortable enough but the pillows were flat. The mini fridge sounded like a coffee maker brewing all night long so I didn't really sleep. The door had obviously been kicked in a time or two so we could see daylight through the crack. We booked the room through Priceline, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the noisy mini fridge in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed repair or replacement.

• Maintenance was notified of the crack in the door of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it’s repair or replacement.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2010

When they say you get what you pay for, they really mean it. My husband and I booked this hotel through Orbitz for a mini vacation. We checked in late and there was a security guard at the hotel. The staff was nice when we checked it. It all went down hill when we settled in to out bug-infested bed. We were up all night trying to keep them off of us. The comforter and sheets smelt nasty. I don't think that the pillows have been changed in years. The shower stall in the bathroom did not look clean so bring shower shoes. Around 2:30am I called the front desk and by 8am we checked out and went to another hotel. I would definitely recommend that you stay somewhere else if you can afford it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tbell27
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm for your mini vacation.

• The staff received our commendation for the courteous way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you and your husband take a mini vacation or are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

ocala,Florida, USA
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Dont really know where to start. We stayed here when taking a weekend mini vacation. The hotel looks nothing like the pictures. When we first arrived I figured for the price we could tolerate it. When we got to our room it was hot as can be in the room. We cut the air down waiting for it to cool off. We left to go look for somewhere to get dinner which took a long time since there is nothing around the hotel. When we got back it was still hot (80 degrees) and muggy and smelled horrible. We dealt with it for the night and in the am we complained to the front desk and they said it would be fixed. We were gone for numberous hours to come back and our room key did not work. My husband went to lobby and a girl and had never seen or seen him just reactivated the room keys without asking his name or for ID. Very scary that we have a 5 year old and anyone can just active different room keys without being checked. After getting back in our room, we saw that is was still extremely hot, we called to the desk just to be told that we shouldnt be opening the door because we are letting heat in. After arguring with them that we werent even there all day they gave us another room. We went to get the new room key so we could transfer our stuff for our last night there just to be told we needed to bring our stuff down to the lobby from the 2nd floor to get our new keys and turn in the old. After pitching a fit in the lobby they gave us the new room key which turned out to be right next door to the room we were in. After moving all our stuff over the air in the new room didnt work any better. Then just after getting comfortable enough to go to sleep we were awaken by the people on either side of us conversing in front of our room loudly. The next morning I was never so blessed to be leaving a hotel in my life. Maybe if ur single and can tolerate these thing but as a family trip this hotel sucks.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank papasgrl22
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was notified of the problems you experienced with temperature in the rooms assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed repairs or replacements.

• Desk staff received additional training in seeing to it that when keys are replaced, they make sure that they are dealing with the proper valued guests.

• Desk staff received additional training in seeing to it that our valued guests remember their responsibility to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Oh dear! What a place.
Fortunately, we only stopped here for one night to break up our car journey to the Keys but what a night it was.
The room itself was okay, although maybe on the small side. However, I usually only ask that the room be clean and it was mostly acceptable on this score with comfy beds. This said, the shower floor was somewhat questionable -a bit too black with mildew that it didn't appear anyone had ever attempted to clean. So I wore my flip-flops when I had my shower the following morning.
Don't be fooled by the pictures of the flatscreens in the room - the picture quality is really bad so don't let this sell it to you. This is all I will say about the room as, without the following, it would have been okay.

When we arrived, it was fairly late at night so we checked in and drove around the back to our room. We passed throngs of none-too-pleasant characters who looked ready to rob us as soon as we unlocked the car - they didn't take their eyes off us as we drove in. We really had the feeling we didn't belong and that many a drug-raid had taken place here!
We speedily exited our car, grabbed our bags and got in to our room as quickly as possible. Once inside, we literally barricaded ourselves in with the suitcase stand, two chairs, two full suitcases and two other fully packed travel bags, all jammed tightly between the door and the dresser. We also, of course, used the latch and catch lock already on the door and a door-wedge alarm we'd brought from home!
This may sound overkill but, on this occasion, I can't stress enough the kind of ruffians that were hanging around.
There was loads of shouting and loud music blaring from one of the rooms above us, as well as stamping feet, so we were struggling to get to sleep at 2am and had to call Reception a few times to sort it out. Unfortunately, while it died down for a while, it started up again with what sounded like a domestic breaking out and resulting slamming doors and smashing glass!
I can not stress enough the lack of security we experienced in this hotel/motel. My husband is a former bodyguard and even he didn't feel safe here. I'm usually quite oblivious to danger but this even I couldn't miss.
I know this sort of thing could happen at any hotel/motel but it could also be that this one attracts a particular sort, which I get the feeling it does, so just beware of this and probably give it a miss.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you and your husband didn’t feel safe there, that must have been a terrible feeling.

• Management was approached about the group of what you termed none too pleasant characters whom you encountered. Security measures were discussed and ways in which our valued guests could be and feel protected.

Belgium
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Another good hotel from my last USA trip.
I don't understand the previous bad review. I did not feel unsafe there even arriving after dark.
Rooms are good and clean. One of the most modern rooms of this holiday (with flatscreen tv). Free (basic) breakfast included in the price. Great value.
Perfect hotel for a stopover on the way from Miami to Orlando. We stopped in Riviera Beach because we wanted to visit the Jonathan Dickinson State Park the next day, which is only 30 min driving away. This hotel is not near the beach but conveniently close to the highway.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Ontario
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Cheap does not have to mean unsafe or unclean, but in this case, it did!

My husband and I, and our two young daughters from Kingston, Ontario traveled to Florida just this past month.

The reviews I read of this hotel seemed fair: the price was right, and we really didn't need except beds to sleep as this was just a one-night stay.

Upon entering the lobby we noticed its small size as well as the breakfast area - very cramped. We both just got an odd feeling upon entering. We noticed signs: "Warning" was spelled with two r's - weird for a large change like Travelodge - just didn't seem to reflect a large hotel chain. Then we noticed the "For your protection" signs letting customers know of the hotel's hired surveillance.

The parking lot was littered with cigarette butts.

Our room was cramped (not really a big deal) and it was tidy.

But it smelled like musky Lysol: a thick nauseating Lysol smell.

The counter top in the split bath was granite with a nice mirror on the wall. At first glance the bathroom looked ok - but it was really a mis-mash of salvaged tile badly grouted, and it looked dirty. The walls were dirty - other smaller details like gouges in walls.

The pool was great, however.

We came back at night after going out for dinner and the place seemed creepy.

My husband was looking for something in the back of our van when a sleek black Mercedes parked beside our van. A guy was hesitant to get out.

My husband, a cop himself, thought something was weird. The guy finally got out and walked to the back of the car. He put his hands near his belt - which caught my hubby's eye (as cops your eyes are keen when people reach into their clothing etc.) and he noticed that the guy had on a duty belt complete with gun and badge....

The car left 30 mins later.

We Googled reviews and read the one about the tires being slashed...

The morning was noisy with scuba divers leaving - their equipment clanging forever it seemed.

We were determined to get the hell out as early as possible anyways.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the pool to be great.

• Pool staff received our commendation on their presentation.

• Management was approached about our feeling of insecurity and ways in which security is set up and about other steps that could be taken to make our valued guests feel more secure and protected.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riviera Beach
Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach
Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach
#22 of 34 in West Palm Beach
BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes Inn
BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes In...
#10 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Travel Inn Riviera
Travel Inn Riviera
#2 of 4 in Riviera Beach
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gardens Hotel & Suites & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gar...
#7 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens

Been to Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm? Share your experiences!