“Great hotel”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Riviera Beach
Belgium
“Great hotel”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Another good hotel from my last USA trip.
I don't understand the previous bad review. I did not feel unsafe there even arriving after dark.
Rooms are good and clean. One of the most modern rooms of this holiday (with flatscreen tv). Free (basic) breakfast included in the price. Great value.
Perfect hotel for a stopover on the way from Miami to Orlando. We stopped in Riviera Beach because we wanted to visit the Jonathan Dickinson State Park the next day, which is only 30 min driving away. This hotel is not near the beach but conveniently close to the highway.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kingston, Ontario
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Cheap does not have to mean unsafe or unclean, but in this case, it did!

My husband and I, and our two young daughters from Kingston, Ontario traveled to Florida just this past month.

The reviews I read of this hotel seemed fair: the price was right, and we really didn't need except beds to sleep as this was just a one-night stay.

Upon entering the lobby we noticed its small size as well as the breakfast area - very cramped. We both just got an odd feeling upon entering. We noticed signs: "Warning" was spelled with two r's - weird for a large change like Travelodge - just didn't seem to reflect a large hotel chain. Then we noticed the "For your protection" signs letting customers know of the hotel's hired surveillance.

The parking lot was littered with cigarette butts.

Our room was cramped (not really a big deal) and it was tidy.

But it smelled like musky Lysol: a thick nauseating Lysol smell.

The counter top in the split bath was granite with a nice mirror on the wall. At first glance the bathroom looked ok - but it was really a mis-mash of salvaged tile badly grouted, and it looked dirty. The walls were dirty - other smaller details like gouges in walls.

The pool was great, however.

We came back at night after going out for dinner and the place seemed creepy.

My husband was looking for something in the back of our van when a sleek black Mercedes parked beside our van. A guy was hesitant to get out.

My husband, a cop himself, thought something was weird. The guy finally got out and walked to the back of the car. He put his hands near his belt - which caught my hubby's eye (as cops your eyes are keen when people reach into their clothing etc.) and he noticed that the guy had on a duty belt complete with gun and badge....

The car left 30 mins later.

We Googled reviews and read the one about the tires being slashed...

The morning was noisy with scuba divers leaving - their equipment clanging forever it seemed.

We were determined to get the hell out as early as possible anyways.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
travelodgewestpalm, Webmaster at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the pool to be great.

• Pool staff received our commendation on their presentation.

• Management was approached about our feeling of insecurity and ways in which security is set up and about other steps that could be taken to make our valued guests feel more secure and protected.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

NC
Reviewed March 7, 2010

This hotel is in a horrible location. It is not safe, the management carries a gun for your safety. The rooms were in desperate need of repair and the location looks nothing like the pictures on the website. I was there for approximately 15 minutes when I decided I wouldn't be able to sleep out of fear of my surroundings. When I explained this to the management they assured me I would be safe, even though the guests I spoke with had just returned from replacing all four tires on their car that had been slashed the night before in the parking lot. When I asked them to refund one of my two night's charges they smiled and said it wouldn't happen. I had to find another place to stay and lost my money to the Travel Lodge. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it didn’t work out as you had anticipated.

• Management was approached about the wisdom of his carrying a gun as a safety procedure. Ways in which security systems could be better set up were discussed.

• Management was approached about what could be done to prevent our valued guests from having their tires slashed in our parking lot.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to attempt to stay at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Los Angeles
Reviewed February 28, 2010

First off, this hotel is in a horrible part of town with few restaurants around and little conveniences. When I was staying, the heaters in all the rooms were completely out and the management resorted to giving me a space heater that did little to keep me warm at night. Additionally, the TV didn't work and the bed and pillows were the worst I've ever slept on. Was far from being rested after I stayed here and will probably never again stay at another travelodge. Just suck up the cost and stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you found it to be in what you consider a horrible part of town, that had to have been a terrible feeling.

• Maintenance was notified of the television in the room assigned to you not working and instructed to see to it’s repair or replacement.

• Management was approached about ways in which our valued guests could feel and be more secure.

Gainesville, FL
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Family run, and very attentive to all needs! Very kind people, and the rooms were kept well. There is only so much you can expect and get for such a price, but this is a fantastic value. Definitely worth the money.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Bahamas
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Most wise travelers already know that when something usually looks too cheap to be true, it usually true.

Certainly not in this this case!. From check in to check out, the staff was attentive and caring.

The rooms have been extensively renovated new furniture and bathroom facilities completely replaced with new and the beds are wonderful.

The pool facilities are also good, with plenty of seating and deck space.

There is a small dining area for an inexpensive IHOP breakfast at $5

All kinds of shopping are all less than 10 minutes away by car.

A family owned business run by people who care.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Colorado Rockies
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Newly remodeled rooms were fine, but moldy/mildewy smelling room. Location convenient to my work for the week and price was great. Coffee was HORRIBLE and continental breakfast was lousy - just cereal and toast. Friendly employees. However, a local drug dealer was staying there, being a real pest. I'm a tall, fit former Marine, former security professional and this place was a bit scary - but at least the police drove through on a regular basis. Reported the drug dealing and the staff knew about it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a convenient one for your work and that you consider the price to be great.

• Breakfast staff received additional training concerning presenting a proper breakfast.

• Management was approached concerning the proper, legal way to deal with the drug dealer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riviera Beach
Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach
Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach
#22 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#30 of 34 in West Palm Beach
BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes Inn
BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes In...
#10 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gardens Hotel & Suites & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gar...
#7 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
Ramada West Palm Beach Airport
Ramada West Palm Beach Airport
#28 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores

Been to Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm? Share your experiences!