“The worst place ever!!!!!!”

Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Riviera Beach
“The worst place ever!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I never write reviews but I really feel the need to this time. This place is the worst. We stayed for 8 hours and moved to another place.
1. Smells really bad.
2. Door would not close.
3. Bugs crawling around.
4. Burns everywhere.
5. Not even close to being clean.
6. Took a nap and woke up with a rash or bites all over my stomach. I believe it is bed bugs.
7. Metal sticking out from bed frame. My son cut his leg on it.
8. Looks like a crack motel.

• Stayed June 2012
travelodgewestpalm, Webmaster at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, it was shared with the manager and ways in which our valued guests could feel that they were getting their moneys worth were discussed.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be very pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was traveling with my spouse and our 4 year old. First impression, the room is a lot smaller than the pictures, but that's not what the problem was. After several hours after check-in, the doorway to the bathroom starting leaking. When I looked up at the ceiling there was mold in the bathroom and the main room. That's when we requested to switch rooms. Our new room had the bathroom ceiling painted (in my opinion to cover mold because I could see fuzz). The hot water and cold water knobs were switched and they did not warn us and our kid got burned when she had the COLD water turned on. This was a very bad experience. It says its a 2 star hotel and I would not give this place a 1 star rating. And the breakfast that they say they serve is cereal and toast, not worth it!!!! I won't stay here ever again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, Webmaster at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry that your daughter was burned, I hope she is doing fine now.

• Maintenance was informed of the leak in the room first assigned to you and also to the fact that the hot and cold knobs were switched and instructed to see to necessary repairs.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Lebanon, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

My fiancee and I drive from Maine every year to stay in Florida for two weeks. Last year we booked at Travelodge because it was the best deal for our money, and loved the view and customer service. The housekeepers are wonderful, they do a fantastic job! Everyone here is so nice and helpful. A little old man was here this year, perhaps the father of the owner and he was just darling, very sweet. If you book you're best option is to get a patio room, this year we were on ground level and it was ok but rowdy neighbors were a bit of a problem for a few nights. The only downside to this hotel is the police... they sit in the parking lot there everyday.. and they even followed us into the parking lot.. waited for us to get out of our vehicle then speed away. We will be stating here again this winter! The location is also perfect, close to everything you need!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

it s the second stay in this place and for the money absolutely unbeatable.everybody polite and friendly and no ants anymore (as during my first stay). big rooms facing the hallway.so you either open the window without privacy or keep the curtains shut and it is dark.far better than those rude guys at days inn at the airport and 10x better than those shabby motels on dixie highway. dont confuse the 4 points with stars.this is not the waldorf astoria but at 50 us they really are a good value for money and try to improve where they can. they even had a breakfast with some juices,muffins and jellies. as i said not the waldorf but still the best in westpalm. really. the housekeeping is working very well, only negative point is they are toooo eager and want to clean already at 8 in the morning :) awfulll
overall good place. even a wendys in front ,and a walmart 2 blocks away. nice ! clean ! friendly !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank adrianmiami
Taylorsville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

The room was clean, although the carpet was worn. Bath area was recently remodeled, but by a dyslexic plumber (hot and cold were backwards on the sink AND the shower). Couldn't maintain an internet connection, although I had sufficient field strength. Watch out for thieves in the parking lot. Someone snatched my camera while I was loading the car.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

All in all was a very comfortable stay. They have a small breakfast, english muffins, walmart brand oatmeal, juice, coffee and 2 cold cereals. I have a 2 year old and their refuse to allow you to bring the breakfast back to your room. The pool was pretty well maintained, they also have a grill with a few tables...the owners and their relatives walk their dogs in that area and don't clean up after them so beware. The beds are quite firm, high off the ground very comfortable if not for the torn blankets and worn out sheets. Housekeeping sucks! They make beds by throwing everything together, sheets are not even tucked, bathroom (shower) never even got wiped down and sheets not changed, we were there 10 days. Rooms seem to be concrete so it was quiey, we were on the second floor. After reading other reviews I can thankfully say, we did not experience bed bugs.

• Stayed March 2012
ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

They show big screen tv not true smells must as soon as u open the door carpets are disgustingly dirty were told we wod get a king bed when we made the reservation and only
Got a double. So I rate this room a -10

• Stayed March 2012
travelodgewestpalm, Webmaster at Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Management was approached about having the website properly show what will be found at our establishment.

• Management was approached about setting up a system that will have what is made as a reservation be what is received.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riviera Beach
Ramada West Palm Beach Airport
#27 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Super 8 North Palm Beach PGA Blvd
Super 8 North Palm Beach PGA Blv...
#1 of 1 in North Palm Beach

Been to Travelodge Riviera Beach/West Palm? Share your experiences!