“Awesome time on the ocean, friendly staff”

Right Hook Fishing Charters
Ranked #4 of 22 Tours in Riviera Beach
Oradea, Bihor, Romania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome time on the ocean, friendly staff”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We found this fishing charter online and i am happy that we ended up going on a fishing trip. We caught a couple of fish, the mate and captain helped us during the whole day with the unhooking of the fish and putting on the bait. It was a great day, thank you.

Visited March 2012

Boston, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Great boat, great captain and mate, great day!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I went out with Captain Mike and First Mate Mike, along with my father-in-law Mike, and my uncle-in-law Bob. We had a great day - seas were pretty flat, nice breeze, pretty much a perfect day for a novice like me to go fishing. Along with another 3 customers, we caught a fish-cooler-full of fish, including mutton snapper, dolphin, cobia, kingfish, amberine, as well as some fun but inedible pompano (which we used for chum), remora, and a 8-10' bull shark, which somehow got hooked by two people at once. They fought it all the way in to the side of the boat before finally cutting it loose, and what a fight it was. I can't speak highly enough of the captain and mate, they were as fully engaged or more than the clients - running all over the boat, yelling when a mahi mahi was seen and throwing out a line as quickly as they can, encouraging and helping the less experienced fishermen like myself. I can't recommend this boat highly enough - take them out and you won't be disappointed. We wound up taking home more fish than our group of 6 could eat over 4 days and even if your take isn't so prodigious, you'll have a great time.

Visited April 2012
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Top Notch fishing excursion!! Knowledgeable and Entertaining Staff!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

WOW! The staff were top notch, bar none. I was incredibly impressed from the get go. Upon arrival, we were greeted by friendly staff. It only took about 15 minutes to get out to prime fishing. The staff knew right where to go, explaing along the way different sea life tell tale signs of fish in the area. They baited our hooks, gave patient and thorough instruction and added a good dose of humor along the way. The staff got so psyched when we started catching fish, sometimes it was hard to tell who was more excited...us or them! After fishing they cleaned our fish and cut them up into nice filets-no additional charge. Awesome customer service! After fishing, they informed us that we could take it to the tiki bar right there at the marina & they cooked our fish for us. Awesome!! Will definitely be back!!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Heidi P
West Palm Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Left High and Dry Also!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I was planning a fishing outing with 3 other people. I called Right Hook 2 times (they have an answering service that jots down messages but knows nothing about the operation) because I had a few questions about the schedule, etc. On my 3rd call i let the gal know when our party wanted to book, she took the information and said someone would call me back to check available and confirm any reservations. After 4 days and no phone call back I became suspicious and thanks to the review posted earlier I decided to go with another charter. It's been 6 days and still no call back...I would have had the same experience. This is just unacceptable, I own a company and this type of sevice is not to be supported. Right Hook is off my list forever and I will tell anyone I know interested in a fishing charter to avoid them. The 2nd company I called answered my questions, book me a date and my party of 4 is set - all in one considerate, helpful phone call. My comment to Right Hook is close down your doors and stop wasting peoples' time, no company should conduct business like you do.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank eagleone222
Frostproof, FL
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Right Hook Fishing Charters Left Us High and Dry”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

On April 16, 2011, we were scheduled to take a fishing trip with Right Hook. Earlier in the week, we had called to schedule this. We were told he would put us down but to call back later in the week as he was having boat trouble and wanted to ensure it was fixed by Sat. Called to confirm Thurs, left 2 messages w/the answering service. Called Friday and left another message. Called Sat. and e-mailed. No response to any of our messages. Told the answering service we were driving 2 hours to get there and we really want to just confirm if the trip was going. Answering service said they would put it as a priority message (the service was only paid by the business to take messages but had no information on the fishing trip itself). No response. Thinking that certainly we would receive a call if the boat wasn't fixed, we drove the 2 hours and arrived in plenty of time. 5 p.m. rolled around - no one there at the boat. The neighboring fishing charter service then spoke with us and only then did we find out the boat was not fixed, the charter had not been out all week, and we were the 8th party there that day scheduled to go out on a trip and not informed. Called and left a message for the owner w/answering service again as well as an e-mail discussing how inconvenient and unprofessional this was. Never received a response. Thank goodness this was paid for via Groupon as they instantly refunded our money. If this charter had the decency to give us a call to reschedule or to leave instructions with the answering service for queries, chances are we wouldn't be leaving this negative review. Avoid like the plague; there are definitely other fishing charters in the sea in this area.

Visited April 2011