“Great place to stay”

Marriott's Oceana Palms
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Riviera Beach
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is one of the best Marriott Vacation clubs to stay at. The rooms are beautiful and the views are great:-). My family and I stayed in the Sunset tower and it has a view of the ocean and the Inter coastal waterway. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have a really nice pool and the beach is just right outside the resort a real plus. The activity staff has really great activities and they have an awesome fitness club and also a 80 inch tv for to watch certain movies during the week! I highly recommend staying here and I can't wait to come back:-)!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberly A

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the Oceana Palms for 4 nights in September and had a great time. There were 2 adult couples and we found the 2-bedroom villa to be beautifully equipped and very comfortable. The full kitchen, in-room washer and dryer, and the dining table that sat 6 were perfect for us. The master bath, with its huge shower and double sinks is particularly nice. When we arrived, it was Labor Day Weekend and the place was packed with what seemed like a gazillion little kids, but by Labor Day, all the families had checked out and the facility became quiet again.

My only complaint--and it was only mine--was that I hated the pillows and the duvet on the bed. The pillows were large (a good thing) but so soft that if you didn't constantly puff them up, you found yourself laying on some hard brick flat on the bed. I should have checked to see if I could get some firmer pillows but I didn't. As for the duvet, it was heavy and way too warm for the room. We turned the AC down to 70 and still couldn't use the duvet. So we had to use the sheet (not always enough) or the decorative throw (only big enough for one) or alternate with covering up with the duvet and throwing it off when it got too hot. A couple of light blankets would have been perfect.

The area has tons of stuff to do and some excellent restaurants. We loved Johnny Longboats for an informal experience and the Chesterfield Hotel's Leopard Lounge for a more elegant evening out.

We're looking forward to our next stay at the Oceana Palms!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diane V
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just spent 5 days here. It was pleasant but not memorable. Would have no problem staying here again but if I was coming back to Singer Island I would try to stay at the Marriott Ocean Pointe. Good points: plentiful free garage parking, excellent fitness center and friendly staff. Things I did not like: on site market really had limited choices, all indoor and pool towels seemed at the end of their useful life (very thin), rental bikes were awful and poorly maintained for $10 per hour (none sized for anyone taller than 5'10"), charges for beach umbrellas seemed high, and not many choices for restaurants and activities within walking distance (but did enjoy our meal at a nearby restaurant named Fine which was not on the concierge's list of recommendations). Rooms were as others described and I agree that families with small children will enjoy all of the activities.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Simon_Htown
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Oceana Palms, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of our resort. We're disappointed to read that you did not have a memorable stay and we have forwarded your comments to the appropriate managers to ensure corrective action is taken to address the towel quality, bike maintenance and selection in the Market Place.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

First off - huge Dittos to all the positive points in the previous reviews -- location! Warm and clean beach! Staff and service!! Activities and pool!! Huge and beautiful condos/rooms!!!

Now just a couple of slight negatives --- the weekly activities sheet they handed out had a morning "pool aerobics" one day at 9:00 am --- my husband and son went to the pool at 8:50 and I followed soon after --- NO instructor or staff member ever showed up! My husband said that a young guy appeared to be cleaning up some pool noodles and related water-weights but the pool and deck showed no signs of water activity at all. We did not bring it up to the staff bc so far our experiences had been wonderful. Fast forward 2 days -- I wanted to attend the morning "beach walk". Showed up 15 mins early to the appointed meeting place and no guide/instructor ever showed up. I told the staff/ management in the lobby about it and the previous pool aerobics incident -- they apologized but they never really did resolve it, or get back to me as promised.

With that said --- ALL OTHER activities went off perfectly - their staff are so energetic and friendly and patient with the younger ones!!! We took part in poolside Bingo, poolside trivia, beach beer dig (and juice box dig for the kids!!) The ice cream Sundaes and Tie-Dye activities for the kids have an extra small expense. Our kids tie-dyed a T-shirt ($14 I think) and a pillowcase ($16) and claim that it's the BEST Souvenier of the whole trip!!!!! (The items have the MVCI Oceana Palms name and logo on them!!)

Our family LOVED being able to go from pool to beach to pool to beach with such ease!! BTW the sand gets HOT - bring cheap flip flops!

We definitely want to return but teens may find not a ton to do -- the "Den" video and TV/Movie area was supposedly only for ages 13 and up --- but we peeked in several times and saw ALL ages (from 5-18) and it appears there is NO staff supervision. My 8 year old begged to stay but there was NO way I'd let my kid stay alone in there - gaming - not knowing who or what age may come in at any time.

The new gym seemed popular with the older teen boys and they were polite and behaving properly but unsupervised. The gym isn't huge but is well equipped and clean and nice.

The little store and grill are great options for a breakfast sandwich or tasty and hearty lunch -- they are resort prices - but convenient and good.
On your FIRST DAY -- go to the poolside store and buy the large, insulated resort travel mugs ($14 each I think) for unlimited soda/tea refills your whole stay!! And makes a nice souvenir.

We were staying with Marriott points but opted to take the 90 min timeshare tour for $200 resort credit -- Barry Brands did our presentation - he was kind, fact-filled and very forthright and honest about the program. It lasted 90 minutes as they advised and our kids went between staying with us and playing in th separate kids only room in their timeshare offices (and ate a ton of the free snacks). We didn't purchase a timeshare this time but were very impressed and are looking at our family budget for the future.

Lastly - MAJOR KUDOS and Thanks to -- Barrington, Jeannie, Altalie, and LaShante for making our vacation EXTRA special. These folks truly go the extra mile and seem to enjoy their work!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank CONearNative1
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Knowing Singer Island since about 20 years, we decided to try the newer Marriott Oceana Palms Resort on Singer Island.
F A N T A S T I C
A clean, relatively new, fully equipped serviced apartment ("vacation villa") property on the Ocean front.
Just go there, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed for two weeks at an oceanfront villa. You can't beat the view, the balcony is huge and have great views of the ocean. A couple of days when the water was calm, I saw a dolphin swim by near the beach. It was shark week of course and thought it was one, but I saw the dolphin come out for air so I didn't yell "SHARK", LOL. Anyway, yes, that's how CLEAR the water is at Riviera Beach. I am a beach/water snob, if I can't see my feet, I don't go in the water. The highlight of the trip is however seeing the see turtles hatch. This obviously was lucky but I will never forget that experience.

This is why I will come back. I've been here twice already and already looking forward to the next trip. The hotel is nice, well appointed, decor is great, the kitchen is the most functional kitchen I've been in Marriott timeshares. It is really is the best I've been in the East Coast. It can get crowded in the pool area, I normally go in the beach anyway. You do have to rent the umbrellas for $30 for the day but is totally optional.

We went to get supplies from Publix, did the parasailing from Sailfish marina, saw Flagler House, Worth, Palm Beach Gardens and shopping and Segue Tour at City Place. It's only an hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale so we also took a day trip to Miami. Overall, it was such a great trip with many activities. You do have to drive mostly to get to them. THe only thing that was missing that I wished there were more things to visit walking distance. There are a couple of restaurants/beach bars we tried which were not bad. Other than that there was a 7-11, a mega souvenir store and ice cream shop. I do hope they expand the area a bit more with more shops and cafes to elevate the environment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for a week during a Labor Day weekend and I was surprised that this place was not too crowded. Very clean, modern rooms, well equipped. Hotel provides lots of activities for little ones plus pool and beach toys. We are definitely going to stay here again if we vacation in this area again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riviera Beach
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacat...
#2 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Marriott's Oceana Palms? Share your experiences!