“Visit Riviera Beach”

Marriott's Oceana Palms
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Riviera Beach
“Visit Riviera Beach”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The Marroitt Oceania Palms is a beautiful resort on the beach and yet located conveniently to dining and shopping. The rooms are large and comfortable. The staff was helpful and pleasant. I would go back again with family and friends.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rkistall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I used 130k MR points for seven days and six nights here in early August. I was told that other times of the year are better but this was the only week that fit our schedule. Our room was not ready when we arrived at 1:00 however the Front Desk was quick to offer a place to change and we headed to the pool and beach. While we were having lunch a MVC Associate found us and advised our room was ready. Note that Cell Service is spotty (We have Verizon) so most of our communication was via Internet or text message. The poolside bar/restaurant Reflections is good, not great however they do have live music and poolside activities most afternoons. There is a decent happy hour every afternoon with 2 for 1 and other drink specials but no deals on food. The food is ok. Stay away from the bar food as it is pretty bad, my wife liked the Chop Chop Salad and my son tried the Palm Palm shrimp and the ever trustworthy kids cheeseburger. I struck out on the chicken wings and buffalo wrap but the Mahi sandwich was good. Get it blackened. Morgan was our server and did an outstanding job with us three days in a row. The kitchen also serves the hotel and the Market so be prepared for a wait during peak times. Speaking of the Market, the selection is very limited and very overpriced. There is a Publix just over the bridge on Blue Heron Blvd that has everything that you could possible need including wine and beer. Marriott would do well to increase their inventory and lower their prices to gain more business as there were allot of Lookie Lou's and not a lot of buyers on my few trips into the Marketplace.

The children's activities were awesome. Barrington, Michael and Gary were awesome and kept our 8 year old busy with Bingo, Water Balloon Toss, Ice Cream Sundae making, scavenger hunt, rock was, bean bag toss and more.

Overall the staff here is outstanding, very polite, remembered our names and extremely attentive.

We did take up Marriott on a Timeshare presentation in exchange for a $200 'gift'. I asked a lot of questions before being presented with a 'buy it today' pitch. Seemed like a lot of money for the program and the amount of points that they were trying to sell me were not enough for us to return to this resort on an annual basis during the months we were available, I enjoyed the free steak dinner but would not attend again. And we did not buy which was an irritant to the staff and salespeople at MVC which bothered my wife.

The beach is great and the hotel provides free chairs for beach goers but you need to rent umbrellas and padded chairs if you don't like the hotels offering. There is a bar on the beach run by the hotel but no beachside service. There is also a shack on the way to the beach with a couple of old salty sea dogs offering various surfing and water equipment and lessons. We found free bookie boards at the activity center so we did not take them up on their offers this trip.

I look forward to another trip here. We will most definitely be back

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a great view. The sunset tower is newer and the sunrise is closer to the beac...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Buffnbroncofan
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I visited Oceana Palms with my 2 Grandparents, my Aunt, Uncle, and 2 little cousins for a week. It is a gorgeous resort with wonderful, courteous, and helpful staff. The rooms are very spacious. My family and I stayed in the Sunset building which is newer, but I hear the rooms are just as nice in the Sunrise building. (The Sunrise building is older but just as nice and right on the beach. The Sunset building is newer, but still, every room has a view of the ocean. In the Sunrise building, they call it an Ocean Front View because you're right there. In the Sunset building they call it an Ocean View because you can still see a vast amount of ocean.) Our view from the 10th floor of the Sunset building on the right side was MAGNIFICENT! I've never seen anything so beautiful! The rooms were spotless and really just beautiful! There was an activity area for kids with great staff. My two little cousins and I tie-dyed shirts, and Barrington helped us out. He was just awesome! There's a playground for the kids too. The pool was beautiful with a little waterslide and play area for little kids. The beach is right there, but it's very hard to walk on the sand...just a fair warning :) My Aunt and Uncle slept in the Master bedroom, and my Grandparents and I slept in the Guest room, and we woke up very hot in the morning. My two little cousins slept in the pullout couch in the living room and woke up freezing. It would have been nice to have a happy medium. I woke up with a sore back everyday. The beds seem comfortable when you first lay down, but by morning, I was very uncomfortable. Now...the location: The exact location of the hotel is beautiful. Singer Island (where the hotel is located) is beautiful. Once you cross the bridge however, you seem to be in "the hood." To be honest, we felt a little unsafe when we were across the bridge. This caused our night life to go down the tubes. By 7 pm, it felt like the family was sitting staring at each other and the TV for the rest of the night. We only went out to dinner twice. One time we walked to dinner and a huge black SUV swung a U-Turn by us. We later found out from the concierge that that SUV was "just Gang Control." We decided enough was enough. After a week in West Palm, we drove up to Orlando. Let me reiterate: THE HOTEL ITSELF IS WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL AND SAFE AND FILLED WITH RESPECTFUL STAFF....It's just once you cross the bridge, it's not that safe, especially after dark. I just thought that would be helpful to know. There is a Publix right over the bridge, and a Wal-Mart and Costco are in the area. Not too many places to eat out unless fast food. Overall we did have a wonderful trip, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, so long as your content with simply staying on the resort. Enjoy! It is truly beautiful :)

Room Tip: The Sunrise building is older but just as nice and right on the beach. The Sunset building is newer...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank FunTraveler Y
Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our second trip to Singer Island and our first stay at Oceana Palms. When we go back, this would be our first preference to stay again. That is the highest compliment I can give it.

Of all the MVC's we stayed, Palm Desert, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, this place blows the others away.

Our room was in the newer tower (your room would start with a 2) on the 17th floor with southern exposure. Other people wrote about the sun being to hot on the balcony, we did not experience that at all. Our balcony was shaded in the afternoon. It could not have been more relaxing.

The Newer tower is further from the beach but this highlights one of the beauties of the this property, if is not massive. It is a smaller boutique feel propoerty. To get from tower 2 (newer) to tower 1 (older) it is about 20 steps. Plus tower 2 has a state of the art gym in it.

One word of advice on the pool is if you want the sun on your chair in the afternoon get seats that are on by the lap pool. That gets the afternoon sun. Believe me, after a couple of days, you will want the shade chairs.

This is not under the resorts control, but it was so enjoyable, I have to mention. The beach at singer island is wonderful. It is not a 1/2 mile walk in the sand to the beach like some of them. The ocean water on our trip was as clear and comfortably warm as I have ever seen. MVC does provide free beach chairs which is a really nice bonus. You can also rent an umbrella and padded chairs.

Concerning Singer Island, there are not many restaurant choices on the island. We rented a car for our trip and went toward Palm Beach Gardens where there is every restaurant imaginable. Flying into West Pam airport was also enjoyable. it is only a short 15 minute drive to Singer Island.

By the way, Riviera Beach and Singer Island are interchangeable terms.

One last thing, we rented a bike one day and explored the island. THat was a blast. We also rode past the other MVC propoerty on Singer island which is a more typical MVC property. Many small buildings (4 floor high) spread out over a large area. Oceana Palms is two 20 story towers with indoor parking.

No doubt in my mind I would stay at Oceana Palms again. And did I mention that the rooms are beautiful!!!!

Room Tip: new tower has been opened less than a year. Southern exposure sooms are even number. Higher floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank NIonadi
St Louis, MO
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were lucky enough to get to stay at this resort by exchanging through Interval International the week of June 6th through June 13th. We arrived with 2 exhausted toddlers (and 2 exhausted parents) and the check-in staff could not have been more helpful! I was somewhat disappointed that we were not placed in the building directly on the beach (Sunrise building, I think) so the staff member was willing to walk me to our room to see if we liked it. If we didn't, he offered to change it. We ended up staying and it was perfectly fine. We were on the 16th floor, south side. The rooms themselves are gorgeous. We had more than ample space for the 4 of us. It was all very clean and well-cared for.

That evening, I went to the Publix across the bridge to pick up groceries for breakfast and dinner. We cooked in a lot and used the grills 2 times. It was perfect for my husband to grill while the kids played on the playground equipment. We did eat at the restaurant on-site a couple of times and it was fine, nothing to write home about.

The pool and the beach area were very nice. Here's my only gripe - the cost of the umbrella rental per day was $40. Sometimes we were only at the beach 2 hours but the sun is still so intense that you will always need shade. This is such a lovely property that its surprising that the umbrellas aren't included on the beach. The kids loved the pool area. It was never very crowded and everybody was considerate.

We mainly stayed on-site and had plenty to do. We did go on the Black Sparrow Pirate Cruise one morning and it was great! If you have little ones who love pirates, you CANNOT pass this up. The kids area on-site is also a good time filler for nasty weather. We had one rainy day at the beginning of the trip. The kids spent a couple of hours in the kids area painting seashells and piggy banks, playing games, it worked out perfectly.

This was a very memorable vacation. We would love to go back if we could ever get the exchange again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank melstl
Westchester, NY
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The resort is fabulous! Villas are spacious, exceptionally clean and comfortable. Staff goes above and beyond and are all very happy. It is an exceptional vacation experience and we love to go back every year.
The pool area is quite large, never had a problem finding a lounge. Kiddy area is cute. Pool bar and grill is very good. Gas grills is a nice plus (they keep them immaculately clean). Recreation staff is great with the kids, love the poolside trivia contest.
I would stay here anytime I could, it is so lovely.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a view of the ocean. I prefer South facing, but North is also pretty.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pompton Lakes, NJ
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Very Ritz-like. Great location, service, and views. This is our 3rd year in a row staying at Oceana Pointe and we are looking forward to booking a vacation next year.

We stayed in the sunset building and loved the new fitness center.

A must stay location when we visit the area. The beach location makes it outstanding.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TeamBuddy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riviera Beach
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,349 reviews
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Oceana Palms? Share your experiences!