“Customer service break down”
Review of Asian Yummy House

Asian Yummy House
Ranked #26 of 149 Restaurants in Riverview
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Night out with out kids so hubby and I decided to try the Asian Yummy House. Was crowded and were seated quickly. Menu looked great and was excited to try the new place. 7:07..... decided what we wanted.... Waited to have a waitress come. Two other tables were seated near us...waiter came to them got them drinks.. we still waited. One was served their appetizer... Still nothing for us. Hostess seated another table.. Advised we still haven't gotten drinks. She came back and asked what we wanted to drink... We ordered an appetizer since it was taking so long. Finally got drinks.... Three other tables seated ... waiters and waitresses went to them... Not us. Finally told a lady that looked like she was in charge that we have not been waited on... she left... Three minutes went by and nothing.... We got up went to the register to pay for his coke and my tea and they said I hoped you enjoyed it. We said no we never were waited on. The lady then arrived back and said you are leaving... we have your order and she named of something we never order because no one came to take our order. We advised we just wanted to pay for our drinks and go. She then said.. Are you coming back because we can give you half off... We said no we are not coming back. You would think they would have told us not to pay for the drinks due to the lack of customer service. She left... the people at three cash register and still no one rung up our drinks. Lady came back out and we said we just want to pay for our drinks and leave then it took a few more minutes ......so 45 mins with crappy service and had to pay 4.26 for a coke and tea. Went next door to Pecks for great food and friendly service.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I went for lunch. They have a good lunch menu. They didn't have Thai tea when we went but the food was good. Our server Adriana was patient with us & she was pretty good. We enjoyed it & we will be back.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'm picky when it comes to sushi and Chinese food. So I tend to be critical of certain things.

The girlfriend and I decided to try the Asian Yummy house on Valentine's Day for lunch. When we walked up to the door, we noticed a sign that said Valentine's Special served all day. We thought that was a nice touch, but really only wanted some sushi and beer.

The decor was contemporary/modern which was nice. It almost felt like an upscale sushi place you would see in a trendier city (not Riverview). We sat down at the sushi bar and wanted to order some beer and wine. We were told by our server that they did not have their liquor license yet. A little disappointing but we ordered soda and carried on.

The menu had a very good selection of food and sushi items. Impressive actually. I noticed they had lunch specials on the back. When I go to a sushi place for lunch, I normally order a sushi and sashimi combo. I noticed that they had my combo listed under the lunch specials and ordered that from our server. He instantly said we couldn't order it because it was a "Holiday". A Holiday??? You mean Valentine's?? He said I could order the regular sushi/sashimi combo with an extra 4 pieces of sushi for an extra $5 dollars. Um no! You mean I can't just order a small lunch on Valentines?? Guess not. I really wasn't happy about this because I only wanted the smaller combo. And I didn't feel like paying $5 dollars for 4 pieces of fish.
Anyway, we could either order appetizers or their Valentines special which would have cost $23 dollars per person. I wasn't about to do that for lunch.
We ordered an $11 dollar seaweed and seafood salad and a spider roll. The roll was normal sized but costs $14 dollars. Really??? $14??? They must be proud of their sushi because it definitely wasn't worth $14. I dare say no sushi roll is worth that much unless it has some rare food item inside. Anyway, we ordered it and it was just ok. The tempura batter was a bit soggy but hot. The roll overall tasteless and nothing special really.

We paid and left quickly never to return again.

So in conclusion:
Decor was nice. Service good. Food was meh. Prices not good at all.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Bottom line, food is GOOD. Have eaten in Chinatown in San Fran, Philly and NYC. Cannot compare. Have eaten at both Yummy houses in Tampa, FL, not quite as good. But for Riverview, this place will pack them in. Wrong wings came, no charge, waitress made sure we had another order of the correct wings. Potstickers tasted like those from Supermarket. Calamari was chewy with soggy coating and not even hot. Sesame chicken and General Tso's chicken, GOOD. Yang chow fried rice liked by all. Shrimp and scallops with veg, just OK. Tai noodles just slightly overcooked and somewhat flavorless. Very crowded, might have affected the food quality. Server, pleasant and attentive. Probably the best Chinese restaurant in the RIVERVIEW area ONLY. Will try again when less crowded.