“Average Pizza, Good Greek Salad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Orlando, Florida
“Average Pizza, Good Greek Salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Read the reviews on TA and had to stop in when we were in the area. It is an older building that looks like the interior was designed in the 1970’s with all the earth towns (think brown). Service was prompt and we ordered a pizza and one Greek salad. Apparently not thinking, our waitress brought the salad to the table immediately so I could watch my partner have her dinner while I waited on the small pizza ordered for me. She could have waited and brought both out together. I thought the pizza was good but it’s a far – far cry from earlier reviews about the best pizza in town. I thought it closer to Pizza Hut pizza: Good but nothing to rave about. The salad was very good and was enjoyed.
We noticed they have a daily special that was very reasonably priced and seemed to be popular with the retired crowd as the place was full of seniors enjoying the same. Overall, the place is fine.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank runner24

tampa
“Unlike HFCS this place is a sweet suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have to kick myself for not going here before as I tend to avoid chain places but I was very much surprised as i use a Groupon which at times have been disappointing but I was not at the wellwood Tampa location we had the house pizza 14.99 which was very good for Tampa and no skimping on toppings but a little disappointed on the 14 inch size. but what I really loved was the Italian grinder 5.79 which was perfectly toasted and the taste would do well with the best of NY

• Visited June 2012
Pepperell, MA
“Possibly the best pizza I've ever had.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

Other than a rather curt, impatient waitress, this was an excellent pizza experience. The service was prompt. The crust was just the way I like it - ever-so slightly crusty, light and not too thick or thin. The cheese pizza was not at all greasy, and very tasty. The veggies on our other pizza were not overcooked but just slightly undercooked so as to retain the full flavor of the individual kinds of vegetable. I will definitely come back when visiting my family next time!

• Visited July 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
“Amazing Pizza, Amazing Greek Salad!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

If you are ever traveling through the area of Riverview and you truly enjoy a great pizza and greek salad, this place is a hidden gem. We were on our way to Dunedin, FL and decided to stop at this 1970's looking pizza place thinking it would be an adventure, plus we were insanely hungry with two cranky children. Despite the older, dark wood and tile atmosphere reminiscent of many a dive restaurant from the 70's early 80's, this place was clean with super friendly service. We ordered a cheese pizza and greek salad and loved every bit of it. The pizza was so flavorful, with a wonderful crust that wasn't necessarily flaky, but had a delicious buttery texture to it. The greek salad was absolutely amazing. The dressing was so good, I had to ask what brand it was - they said they make it onsite and actually sell it. Wish I have a Pizza House in my city!

1 Thank FloridaNative35
riverview
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2007

I am a chef and have lived from SF to LA to MIA and this by by far the best pizza I have ever eaten. I worked for Pizzera Uno's and have made pizzas by Marriot via Pizza Hut, and those chains and companies do not even compare. If you are in this area, check it out! And, by the way, the staff is GREAT and is very attentive.

1 Thank chefj284