“Passing through”
Review of little habana cafe

little habana cafe
Ranked #8 of 141 Restaurants in Riverview
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual, relaxed Cuban atmosphere :)
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Excellent lunch. Right size portions and very tasty. My grandsons enjoyed the meals as well and think it is kid friendly.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We have been looking for a good Cuban restaurant closer than Tampa and we found it. We had the Lechon Asado (roast pork) and Ropa vieja (shredded beef) with yellow rice, black beans and plantains. Delicious! It's tucked away in a strip mall and fills up quick due to the size but the food comes out quick and the service was great. When you walk in there is a wall of signatures talking about how good the food is and we agree with all of them. We will be a frequent customer.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We were on our way home and decided to eat out. After looking up the best restaurant near us on trip advisor, we settled on the #1, a Cuban restaurant. We had never had Cuban food. We were greeted pleasantly and show to our table. The restaurant is very clean. I ordered the fish and shrimp dinner with the beans and rice and yucca root. My wife had the chicken with a covering of ham and cheese. Both dishes were spiced different from what we were used to. Both were excellent. This was our introduction to Cuban food and we loved it. The price was average for a dinner out about $16.00 a plate. We will definetly return.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I were visiting a sick friend in Tampa for a few days. While she was recovering, we wanted to feed her good food, and we never knew what she would enjoy in the slightest. Doing a quick survey around the area, there are several chain restaurants that were close to her house, but that isn't what I wanted. Thankfully, a quick search online revealed the Little Habana Cafe - and I knew right then and there that Cuban food was what we needed!

I showed my friend the menu, and for someone who just told me that she wasn't that hungry but should eat, her face lit up. I went to the restaurant and ordered our food to go - plus got a few extra things "just in case." I ordered a Chuleta a la Plancha for her (pork chops) and the Tilapia al ajillo for me and her mother. Both were so fantastic - I wish I had ordered another! To my surprise, my friend at her entire meal without thinking anything about it; and I was so happy that she did finally eat! The saffron rice and beans were perfectly seasoned; and the plantains - oh how I love plantains - were divine.

I also ordered some empanadas, black bean soup, and croquetas de jamon - also all highly recommended!

Once my husband arrived later on, I told him where we had eaten. Guess where I returned for dinner? Even though we arrived about 30 minutes prior to the restaurant closing, they politely explained that they could no longer seat anyone in the dining room, but would definitely accommodate us with a to-go order. My husband ordered the cuban sandwich, and I ordered more black bean soup and a side order of plantains, and another empanada. We enjoyed them sitting in a nearby parking lot - and enjoyed each and every bite.

What I know is this: When we return to visit our friend again, we will definitely eat at the Little Habana Cafe again! And I also know that now that my friend knows about this place, she will eat here again and again - which makes me feel great knowing that she has a great place to get great food.

Keep up the great work Little Habana Cafe!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband is Cuban and is frustrated from time to time with restaurants that advertise as being "Cuban" but are really a mixture of Cuban/Spanish. This place is without a doubt Cuban! My husband saw things on this menu that he hasn't seen since he was a child in Cuba. The food was awesome and the service was excellent! We'll definitely be back for authentic Cuban cuisine.