“Love Mellow Monday”

Ruskin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love Mellow Monday”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The pizza is great and the martinis are even better! I love Mellow Mondays they turn all of the lights low, light a bunch of candles around the bar and have great entertainment, and the best part...$5.00 martinis.! Just about any flavor you can think of.

Visited January 2014

Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So let down”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

There are not a whole lot of nice restaurants in the area so I was excited to bring my fiance to Joia after he just got back from a year over seas. Unfortunately this was not the place that was going to blow our socks off. Drinks took over 20 minutes, appetizer took a half hour, and when the food came out it was cold. I have worked in restaurants so I understand that they get busy. So after the food came out cold we asked to speak to a manager. Apparently the manager was much to busy to attend to us so they sent over their hostess who said...sorry I can give you free dessert that's it, as if we were bothering her to complain. We weren't in there to grab a free meal but if something is not done right it I would expect that is be corrected and taken care of. After the hostess came to deal with us our server came back and we asked if we could speak to the actual manager. She was gone a few minutes and came back to tell us that no one was available for us to speak with. We were basically SOL. I thought that everything was handled in the most unprofessional manor and we will not return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ashley W
David769, General Manager at Joia Fabulous Pizza and Martini Bar, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. The manager on duty should have addressed you no matter how busy the restaurant was. Here at Joia, we strive to maintain a higher standard, not only with our food, but our service as well. As in your case, we regret we did not meet that higher standard.
“Awesome ”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Went with my husband had some drinks wonderfull.. and the fra diablo pasta was the best sea food pasta I ever had. Really recomended

Wimauma, Florida
“New Favorite Restaurant!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We live down the road from this superb and wonderful restaurant and had always kept meaning to "drop in". Last night we did. Excellent experience from the time we walked in the door and were greeted by Sara the hostess. She was very friendly and even though there was a 15 min wait, we were happy to sit on one of the comfy couches in the lobby and just check out the inside of the restaurant in all its glory. Wonderful black tile ceiling, open brickwork and open kitchen concept all to the mellow sounds of jazz music playing in the background. We were sat in a large booth shortly afterwards and that is when we met our server "Sophia" she was smiling, welcoming and without a shadow of a doubt one of the best servers we have ever come across (and we eat out a lot!). It was 6.45 so without wasting a moment she advised that "happy hour" was only 15 mins left and would we like to order a 2 for 1 Martini. Yes! We said. Happy hour is 5pm - 7pm every night with Jazz music and pianist for one of the nights and on Monday all Martinis are $5. We were very impressed with all the information she gave us for sure. Martini arrived and it was fabulous - Mt Gay Rum, Amaretto, Banana Liquor and Pineapple Juice. Very Delicious. The Martini list is long and I am sure we will try several more on future visits. We came upon a groupon for this also and have printed out another voucher already for our next visit. Groupon is a great deal $22.99 for $40.00 worth of food. We had Calamari appetizer (not bad...) and then we had the Pizza Rustica. This was a tasty, succulent flavor and truly delicious. Sophia was excellent and went the extra mile to see we had everything we needed, including some super delicious warm bread and oil and herbs... Yummmm. Sophia was very attentive, smiled all the time and made the visit truly memorable for us. I even called for the Manager "Nick" to let him know we enjoyed this first visit and would be back for sure and to let him know Sophia was a great server who attended to our every need with such efficiency and professionalism. Thank you Sara, Sophia, Nick and the Chefs for a fabulous evening. We will be back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kerry L
Riverview, Florida
“BEST PIZZA in Tampa!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place is beautiful very romantic awesome for anniversary or a date with ur love one. Me and my husband order 2 pizzas margarita and Naples, also gnocchi is really good. They have 2 for 1 in Martinis really good deal. This is officially my fav place in Tampa specially cause I am a pizza lover and this pizza is sooo good.

• Visited December 2013