“Expensive for quality of food”

Joia Fabulous Pizza and Martini Bar
Ranked #10 of 136 Restaurants in Riverview
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Expensive for quality of food”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I am not that impressed with this place. It seems they are trying to be a gourmet pizza and martini joint, but the quality of the food is not up to standards for the price they are charging. I guess if you only get the pizza and nothing else, then it is OK. However, the martinis are weak, appetizers taste like frozen processed food, and the so-called grilled chicken on the Caesar salad was awful. I am surprised for the many great reviews on this place. There is no written kid’s menu, but the server said they have a personal cheese pizza. This was $9 and nothing special.

• Visited December 2013

Riverview, Florida
“A Culinary Discovery In Riverview”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I just recently relocated to the Brandon/Riverview area from Chicago. I moved here last March and I find I am still trying to get my proverbial feet beneath me. We feel like we are constantly trying innovative ways to carve out a new life for ourselves down here in Florida. But it is not always easy. As odd as it may sound, one of the things my wife Jackie and I miss the most about our former home is the small yet very select group of Cafes and restaurants that we had frequented and cultivated relationships with throughout the last 20 years. A couple of these establishments are not just eateries where we would simply go to dine on occasion but rather, throughout the years, they have become actual family institutions. Of course they had great food and great service, but what made these places truly special was their unique commitment to the other many intangibles. Their dedication to these finer details helped them to not only create an atmosphere that clearly separated them from the rest of the herd, but also allowed them the opportunity to provide a comfort and familiarity that will always resonate with my family a feeling of true nostalgia and family tradition. That being said... I believe my wife and I found a place just like what I am describing, right here in Riverview.
Joia Fabulous Pizza and Martini Bar.
We were not quite sure how to pronounce the name but as we entered Joia, it became instantly apparent to us that we had just stumbled into a special kind of place. There is an immediate charm about the place that does not feel contrived or overstated. It's decor is not pretentious as it conveys a quiet elegance that might suggest their prices are much higher than they actually are. (The menu is quite eclectic and the prices are very reasonable)

We went there last Friday for the first time and to accompany our dinner, we were treated with the sounds of a live Jazz duo. There is an energy inside this place that creates an ambiance of coziness and intimacy but, with the live music and the energetic, Metropolitan-like bar atmosphere it also makes Joia a place you could either bring your entire family or a first date. The service staff is attentive and friendly. And, without a doubt, I had the best Chicken Marsala I have ever tasted. My wife and I did not just have dinner at Joia last week, we had an experience. And I know we will have more

I

• Visited November 2013
Valrico, Florida
“Great food, atmosphere, and staff”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I loved the atmosphere when we came in very intimate. The servers were nothing but delightful and the chicken parm was to die for. I strongly recommend to anyone in the mood for Italian cuisine! The only complaint was it is a little pricey but well worth it for the service and food.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place in town”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I was not expecting much of this place since most of the riverview restaurants are okay at best, but I was blown away! The atmosphere was very intimate and fun. My fiancé and I took advantage of their 2 for 1 martinis before 7pm special and had a margarita pizza with half sausage. The pizza was absolutely incredible! I travel all over the world for work (especially NY and Chicago) and this was the best pizza I had ever had. The service was excellent, which is also a rarity for riverview. We will definitely be returning and highly recommend this place to anyone!

1 Thank Healthnutsfly
Riverview, Florida
“More than Fabulous Pizza!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been a regular at Joia for several years and they have never disappointed me. Although their pizza and martinis are fabulous Joia has so much more to offer. The restaurant and bar area are beautiful. It is a fun place to get together with friends or family, but it is also very romantic for date night! The staff is top notch, always friendly and welcoming. They make you feel like you are part of the family. There is great live entertainment during the week. I can 'mellow' out on Mondays with acoustic guitar or relax on Friday night with Jazz. And the food... I can not say enough about the food. Absolutely delicious! It tastes just like my mom's home cooking. I have tried just about everything on the menu and have enjoyed it all. It is so good it is hard to pick a favorite. Last, but not least are the owners. These brothers truly care not only about their customers but about the community as well. I have attended many charity functions at the restaurant that have been founded and organized by this family. They are amazing people and it shows in everything that they do. All of these reasons are why I keep going back. Joia is truly a hidden treasure in the heart of Riverview, don't miss out on it!

• Visited October 2013