“Loud and Fun”

Acropolis Greek Taverna
Ranked #6 of 134 Restaurants in Riverview
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Acropolis provides a delicious menu of Greek and Mediterranean inspired meals. Fresh food and healthy preparations. Excellent happy hour and great drink selections including unique Greek beers and wines. Weekend at Acropolis host live entertainment including Bouzouki player and belly dancer.
Olde South
“Loud and Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We attended a rehearsal dinner at the Acropolis and had a ball! The food was good, service great, and we had more fun than we ever expected. This would be a great place for a birthday party for someone in their 20's or who is "young at heart". Wait staff turned out to be great entertainers.

• Visited June 2013

Sun City Center, Florida
“humongous portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

went with wife and neighbors and had the appetizer platter (5 different items),plenty for all 4 people. I had the mousaka(greek lasagna) and it was fully 6"x6"x3". could only eat half and took the rest home. wife and friends each had the chicken souvlaki platter and they also could only eat about half. also every hour the servers break out into greek music and dancing. our server David was very prompt and attentive. will definitely go again with other friends.

• Visited March 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have always wanted to eat at Acropolis after hearing so many wonderful things from friends. I was at the Winthrop Town Centre and decided to try them for lunch. There were four of us, including my daughter, and our server was fantastic. He made us feel welcome and was very knowledgeable about the menu. We sat on the patio, which was pleasant, and everything was delicious. I am anxious to return to explore more of their menu. If you are in the area, this is a great place to dine.

Fort Lonesome
“Glad I went back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I live about 45 minutes from the area, so whenever I have "city shopping" to do, it always includes lunch. My last outing with the girls included lunch here and we were all disappointed with the food (mostly because it was cold) and secondly, by the slow service. But I recently returned with another friend and so glad I did. The service was almost too fast and frequent and the food was over the top. We ordered water with lemon and it was served in bottle resembling a wine bottle along with a warm mini loaf of bread with tziki sauce. My friend had a traditional Greed salad and I ordered the lamb Gyro. The salad was served with an in-house dressing on the side which was quite tasty and there was about a 1/4-1/2 lb of lamb in my Gyro. There was no lettuce and scant amount of tomatoes, along with strips of onions. (My friend provided lettuce from her giant salad, so it was all good.) .Glad I went back.

Riverview, Florida
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

The food, service and staff was excellent. I recommend this restaurant located on Bloomingdale in Riverview.