“Went for dinner and the food was excellent!”

Acropolis Greek Taverna
Ranked #7 of 134 Restaurants in Riverview
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Acropolis provides a delicious menu of Greek and Mediterranean inspired meals. Fresh food and healthy preparations. Excellent happy hour and great drink selections including unique Greek beers and wines. Weekend at Acropolis host live entertainment including Bouzouki player and belly dancer.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Went for dinner and the food was excellent!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We had great service and loved the dancing waiters and napkin throwing.

Visited March 2012

South Korea
“Great (empty) atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We visited during the week and that might explain the emptiness of the restaurant. The atmosphere was still great though with great music and some great service. Hooka options are available for those who like it in the outside seating of the restaurant. Our food was good and we had some great options for dessert. This rating is downgraded because of the fact that the bathroom was one of the dirtiest I have ever seen in a restaurant. And there's really no excuse since there were plenty of people on shift along with a virtually empty restaurant. Really inexcusable. I've been to the Ybor location as well and needless to say this one is a bit more on the low key side. But all in all a satisfying visit outside of the disgusting bathroom. We'll be back and hopefully that is not an issue in the future

• Visited February 2012
Florida
“A little noisy but the food and service were very good”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We had an early dinner here, beating the crowds that began to appear as we left. When the music began, it was loud as the sound seems to echo in the high ceiling. They did appear to have hung some sound baffles up there to help. Perhaps it would not be as noisy in the area near the bar where the ceiling was lower.

Food and service were outstanding all the way. We started with a loaf of warm, delicious bread with a whipped feta topping - delicious and free. We each ordered a platter hoping that we would have enough for leftovers. We were not disappointed. Our plates were full to overflowing and the Greek fries were in a separate bowl. My gyro platter was outstanding and my husband's souvlaki was good. The typical Greek salad and pita bread went well with the meat on both. After eating our fill, we boxed enough for another meal for each of us. We both drank water and our bill was less than $25.
Service was very attentive.

• Visited May 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food isn't good enough to make up for the noise level”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Ate here twice...the first time I had a fish dinner with a tomato sauce, and for the first time in my life I had indigestion so bad I thought it was a heart attack. My husband wanted to give them another shot, so we came back on a Friday night. There were more than 6 open tables outside but they said there was more than a 30 minute wait for one, so we took the first available. Although there were more than 10 open tables inside as well, we still waited about 30 minutes to be seated. Finally we got our seats, but the NOISE LEVEL WAS SO HIGH I had to YELL, but the waitress AND my husband still couldn't hear me, & I had to repeat myself several times to communicate. On top of this, our appetizer and BOTH main courses were over done...my husband couldn't pry his pork souvlaki off of the skewers. Don't come here if you want good food or a fun atmosphere...if you want ringing eardrums, then call for a reservation.

Tampa, Florida
“Definitely a repeat for us!”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We have been wanting to come here for a while after reading reviews and having friends talk about the Opa dance, napkins flying and dishes breaking. We did a late lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The interior design is nice, open and looks great. They have an outside seating area that is nice and shaded, but in the afternoons the sun is focused on the area and I suspect can be hot in the summer. The inside seating area has a nice area to the left for a more romantic setting to eat; the right side is more open. Even with the openness the tables are separated enough to have a personal conversation and not feel like the next table is on top of you.

We kept it simple for lunch, I got Souvlaki and a Greek beer, my wife got the chicken gyro and an iced tea. It was not crowded, but the food came out quickly. Large portions, fresh ingredients. The wait staff was prompt and not over bearing and not on top of us every second.

The cost was $25 including two imported beers.

Definitely a repeat for us!!

• Visited December 2011