“No Complaints!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Riverview
Eatonton, Georgia
“No Complaints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

The hotel was standard Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room and fitness center were clean. The fitness center is available 24 hours. Breakfast was not included, but a cold buffet or cook-to-order was available. The location is close to I-75, shopping and lots of restaurants. I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Gloria O, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you, DeeDee for your comments. We are happy that you chose to stay with us and will look forward to welcoming you on your return visit. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Everything about this hotel was positive. No free breakfast, but the price was well worth eating in the hotel vice looking for a restaurant. About 15min. drive to downtown or the casino.There are hotels closer, but for the quality be prepared to pay more. Liz

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Gloria O, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you! for your comments and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed breakfast and your stay with us. We will look forward to return visits from you.
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I loved the modern decor of the hotel and the room was lovely with a view of the beautiful pool below. I found the bed to be too firm for me and it was hard to fall asleep. The surrounding neighborhood doesn't have much going on.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello and thank you! for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will look forward to return visits from you. Safe travels.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Room 509. Sharon checked us in and sung the whole time as she recognized our Diamond status in her song. When we arrived at the room, it was a standard room. I called down and asked if this was the best they had for a Diamond level guest, and Sharon said there were no 2 room suites like they have at other HG location!!! (At breakfast, I asked someone else without saying why I wanted to know and was told that there are a few, but not many suites.) Two hours after we checked in and had returned from a great, Southern Fried Chicken dinner at Ben's Family Restaurant in Brandon, I decided to check online. Why did it show a “1 King Bed Junior Suite” online and for the night we were there??? This means at least one was still available for someone with their highest status. Was I lied to? There were lots of strange, masked older ladies (a sorority group I later found out) in the lobby and throughout the first floor to attend a party in one of the conference rooms. I am not counting this as a negative against the hotel since they were just having a good time and were probably partially sauced! Front desk blends in with the area around it so you don’t even realize that it’s where it is. When walking in the front door, one finds a bar (breakfast area in the morning) on the left and a lounging area on the right. The front desk is to the right, about 15 feet/5 meters from the door but easy to miss, especially when the front desk clerk is not there but taking pictures of the old ladies. It turns out that there was a manager’s reception from 5 pm until 7 pm and not just the ladies at the bar or a private party as we thought, but even though we arrived about 6:15, this was not mentioned to us either. (I learned this from my source the next morning that I quizzed) The room was ok. I could not figure out how to stop the turntable from rotating in the microwave so my take-out box kept getting stuck. Also, the toilet tank didn’t always fill back up and required jiggling and other nasty poking around in the tank. There also was just a shower-so much for the choice of a relaxing bath! (Do they have rooms with jet tubs like other HG-didn’t find out, but that would have been a nice option!) Television worked great and had many available channels. There was a comfortable chair with an ottoman. The bed was firm and had the standard HG pillows. Ironically, the budget brand Hampton Inn has the best beds and pillows in the Hilton chain?? I need to learn how to adjust the HG beds because they are always too firm! The bedside lamps had one outlet each-so another rare plus. Wifi also worked well once signed in and was free as advertized, even to non HiltonHonors guests. Breakfast was included for our status (I had to ask Sharon, and she said the tickets were in our welcome package, but she acted surprised that they were already there?) You order your hot items (eggs, made to order and omelets, bacon, sausage, potatoes, corned beef hash (yuk looks like Alpo-but that’s not hotel’s fault just the way it is), and some sauces. They do bring orange juice, but you have to get your own hot beverage or water. (The only water I found was a pitcher with too many lemons in it-it was nauseating, but I must have water with every meal.) There were several servers at breakfast, but since the area was almost full, it did take about 10 minutes to get my 4 over medium eggs (plus meat). I would have preferred to serve myself from the meat buffet since I got more sausage than I wanted and less bacon, but it’s hard for the server to understand exactly what I mean (or to write it down for the kitchen) when I said lots of bacon and 1 or 2 sausage links. I got 4 slices of bacon-6-8 would have been better and 4 links where 2 were more than enough?). The breakfast was the best part of this stay. Our server and the one who brought our food were both very friendly. With all the cackling sorority ladies at breakfast, they did a great job even though it was very crowded. Thanks to the breakfast team!
In summary, after not receiving any apparent upgrade, being told there were no suites (which the Hilton online booking page certainly contradicted), the first floor layout (minor negative), not given any options about anything concerning the room, and not being told about the happy hour, it was disappointing and not up to HG or Hilton standards. The biggest negative, however, was being given a judgmental stare by singing Sharon that two males had booked and wanted a king-sized bed (we’ve been together over 17 years). That is why I have to give this place a 2 and a “no go” for a return visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloria O, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We understand that your expectations were not met and we have addressed your specific concerns with the appropriate departmental staff to avoid any and all future issues. We trust that you will remain loyal to the Hilton family and should an opportunity present itself for you to stay with us again, please call me and I will reserve a Junior Suite (based on availability) for you. Safe travels...............
Lancaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Hotel very near I75. Nice safe suburban location. Not much to see/do nearby, but great place to stay if in the area for event or visiting friends or family. Room was huge! Great bed, beautiful, big walk-in shower. Very clean and new. Better if a la carte breakfast menu was offered. Would
Stay here next time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloria O, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Lynne
Thank you! for choosing to stay with us and also, for your comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and we will look forward to return visits from you. Safe travels......
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed here on business and it was fine for that purpose. The hotel is 10 minutes plus to restaurants for dinner and about the same to Busch Gardens. The breakfast buffet is good especially if it is included in your room. The rooms are typical for this hotel but not especially clean. The woodwork was splattered with oil and the bathroom floor and door had hair on it. All in all it is an okay place but seems pretty overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Gloria O, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your candid comments. Please know that we take our guests' thoughts seriously and the issue of the cleanliness will be addressed. We do hope that you will return to stay with us. Safe travels.
Kirtland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Hotel was spotless and convenient to my business. Cost of breakfast was reasonable but food quality about the same as a Hampton where it is free. Staff was friendly. Front desk was understaffed as there was a wait to check in and check out with no one in front of me. Business center worked great and was able to print boarding pass.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Gloria O, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you, Richard, for sharing your comments on your most recent visit with us. We are disappointed to hear that your wait time to check in was longer than should have been. I will address with my front office manager. Please let me know of your next visit with us so that we may take proactive measures to accommodate a smooth check in process for you.Safe travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverview
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Harborside Suites at Little Harbor
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon
Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon? Share your experiences!