“Very friendly people, excellent service - a nice home away from home for the business traveler.”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Riverview
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The staff at the HGI in Riverview are some of the friendliest and most helpful of any I have ever experienced at a similarly priced hotel. I have spent 3 to 4 nights a week here for the past year and always know I can expect a clean, nicely appointed room, great breakfast, bar and room service and a smile from every staff person.

I highly recommend this hotel as a great place for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Avoid room 616 - noisy equipment on roof.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon

Reviewed January 30, 2011

We were very warmly received upon our arrival by Amanda. When I mentioned my sore muscles from our tightly packed flight, she offered the alternative of a junior suite which had a whirlpool tub. This was SO worth the extra money. This hotel is lovely. We felt like we had an apartment! The bed is adjustable for firmness.

At breakfast we met Janneth who was terrific! She could not have been more kind, and went out of her way to make the breakfast time (which is an extra fee) very special for us. We had made to order omlettes but there was also a selection of made to order waffles and pancakes, or eggs done any style.

We can hardly wait to return (when the travel budget permits) to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yoohoo614
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Our family of 4 stayed here for 5 nights on a visit to family in Brandon over Thanksgiving. This was one of the nicest 3-star chain hotels we have ever stayed at. New, clean, helpful staff, nice rooms, good and reasonable breakfast. We stayed in a suite and got an extra pullout because our teenagers are getting too big to both fit on a pullout couch. Small pool was nice before the weather got cool, and there was a simple fitness center with a few treadmills and free weights. Easy access to I75 and Rt 301, but no restaurants other than the hotel without driving a mile or so. So while it is a little isolated, it served as a great home base to visit nearby family and for day trips into Tampa. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Hotel is fairly new so the decor was very modern and tasteful. Hotel staff were extremely friendly. Room was very spacious. King size bed was really comfortable. Loved the free wireless internet and large flat screen TV. I enjoyed everything about this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This hotel is located next to I75 which was a big plus for me. The hotel staff staff did whatever was in their power to make me happy and I am not easily pleased. I will always stay here when working in the South Tampa area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The Hilton Garden Inn is a new hotel (opened in 2009), the rooms are very good and the service was excellent. We spent two nights with two connecting rooms during our visit of Bush Gardens in Tampa.
Rooms are very comfortable. We stayed in several Hilton Garden Inns in Florida during our round trip; this was the best of all.
Breakfast and hotel bar was excellent.
Small pool outside the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My family and I booked the Hilton Garden Inn Southeast Tampa for the night prior to our cruise. We went with this hotel because they allowed us to park our car at the hotel for the length of the cruise and provided transportation to and from the port. For the amount of money that we saved on parking at the pier ($15 per day) this hotel was a GREAT BARGAIN!

When we arrived we were greeted by a super friendly lady. She was very informative on the property, offered us suggestions and directions to restaurants and stores nearby. We signed up for the shuttle the next morning that would be taking us to the pier. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. There was a small fridge in the room as well as a coffee maker, iron, desk area, free wifi and a safe. The beds were very comfortable and the pool was very clean as well. They also had towels at the pool area, which is always nice when traveling with little ones.

In the morning we headed for the lobby to catch our shuttle to the pier, which was running about 30 mins behind. Keep that in mind when you are scheduling your shuttle and be sure to do that when you check in. The shuttle driver was very nice and made sure to help everyone with their luggage. When we arrived at the pier I was very happy that we had taken the shuttle, traffic is horrible and you have to park a few blocks away from the pier.

When we arrived in Tampa a week later, I called the hotel as soon as I made it off the ship. I was told by the woman at the front desk where to go and was told that the driver was there waiting for us. We walked to the spot and no one was there, I called back and was told that the shuttle had already left. We had to wait about 30 more minutes for him to take the other party back to the hotel and make it back to the pier. This was the only bad thing that I can say about the hotel, they only have 1 shuttle and 1 driver. It would not have been a big deal but we had an event to go to in Orlando by noon. Other then that...no complaints. This hotel is a great value for the price. If you are going to stay here before your cruise be sure to ask for the "cruise and stay package". We paid $109 per night plus tax and book directly through the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank cpayne1997
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverview
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Harborside Suites at Little Harbor
Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon? Share your experiences!