“Vacation Stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Redington Beach
New York
“Vacation Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Isis last year while on vacation with a pleasant and enjoyable stay. With that said, we booked for 3 nights this vacation. We booked two double rooms for 4 people.We checked in approximately 2 pm(check-in is 3 pm)(rooms may or may not be ready as they were not on the cleaned list was what we were told) Okay we understand that, so one of us walked by rooms after 15 minutes to check the rooms and they appeared to be clean while the others waited in an area across from check in. Rooms were cleaned and ready, BUT, we were NEVER notified the rooms were ready. We may have sat there til 3 or later waiting for her(Karrie) to tell us our rooms were ready. First room 206 was clean and nicely made up. HOWEVER, the fridge leaked water all over our food we had stored/purchased in fridge and water logged the contents. When speaking to the manager, Karrie, she appeared disinterested and offered no discount, even after saying our food was ruined. The second room....110 REEKED of smoke!!!! We are all non-smokers and smoking is not allowed within the rooms. When once again brought to the manager's, Karrie, attention, she could have cared less..Her reply was" well people know they aren't supposed to smoke..oh well....(not the best answer is it???)..and now we know why she could have cared less because we saw her and other workers out in front of the building smoking. No discount offered once again.
Beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows and flat screen tv. Wireless internet service worked as well.
The pool area was nice with the lounge chairs and trees. Advertisement states water is heated, but it was quite cool. Lots of "left" items around the pool....flip flops, swimming trunks, t-shirts, and toys scattered about. Felt Housekeeping should have at least cleaned this once when we were there.
One of our keys did not work after the first time using it and it was not near a cell phone. Parking is dicey with a small parking lot in front and parking across the street in an unpaved lot.
Last years stay was much more pleasant with a more attentive manager who was truly interested in making sure our stay was worthwhile. Not sure where he went, but he was great.
We are undecided if we would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kirkwood, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is a hidden gem. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The access to the beach is amazing and the courtyard gave us a place to hang out in the shade. Absolutely loved our stay, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emily G
Kenova, WV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This could easily be a 5 star establishment. Sadly, it is not. Let’s start with the negatives. When we arrived, another couple checked in ahead of us and had not booked ahead. They asked if there were discounts. They were given a discount for either seniors or FL residents. When we checked in with my aunt, who is both a senior and a FL resident, she was paying for half of the room. She did not get the discount because when I made the reservations (in January), I didn’t ask if there were discounts. Since our reservation was already “processed,” she couldn’t give any discounts. Also, I had never been charged BEFORE my stay was over, but I get it if that is policy. Then, we have the parking issue. We had 2 cars. One of us had to park on the street because the parking only allowed for one car per room. She said the lots would fill up. We were in and out at different hours and at no time was either lot full. Again, policy and I get it, but it isn’t a good one. Here is the biggie. The keys are programmed to not work after your check out, which is great. HOWEVER, get the dates and times correct. Twice, we were locked out because they had the wrong dates on the keys. The second time was when my aunt took her luggage down, without her cell phone or anything except her room key and car keys; she was locked out. There of course was no one on duty and she had no way back into the room or any way to call. The keys had been programmed wrong AGAIN. This needs fixed.

Pros: Location, Location, Location. The view was amazing from our 2nd floor beach front. Luckily, no loud neighbors or any issues like that. Staff was pleasant. Housekeeping was quite nice. Pool area was lovely. Landscaping was beautiful! Beds were comfortable.

The kind of policy issues above keep this beautiful place from being 5 stars. All of these things could quite easily be remedied. Unless they are, I will look for a condo next trip.

Room Tip: Go beach front - 2nd floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl S
Glen Allen, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Had a wonderful time at this charming hotel located right on the gulf sands at Redington Beach. The hotel and rooms are full of character with touches you usually do not see at large chains. The location is fantastic, as the beach was beautiful and not overcrowded. The rooms were nice, clean, and had plenty of room for two. It had a fridge and microwave. The hotel had plenty of nice chairs on the beach/grilling deck along with several gas grills. There was also a great heated pool surrounded by a colorful garden area.

Would definitely stay here again! The location is perfect!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ErinKay
Chattanooga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

My first comment is about the cleanliness....it is immaculate, inside and out. The courtyard is landscaped very nicely, with a pool. This is a boutique-type hotel, flanked by more modern condos on either side. Our room was a king, with a wet-bar, refrigerator, microwave, with granite counter tops. Yes, the blinds are imitation wood, but they give enough privacy, and present a more stylish look than your typical hotel curtains. Tile flooring from throughout was kept swept and sand-free while we were there for 3 days. The bathroom in our room was small, with a glassed, walk-in, tiled shower. It was lacking a spot to store toiletries, so I used the small window ledge. Also, there was no hook for a bathrobe, but these are minor inconveniences. The light through the door window was not a problem since I always have a sleeping mask when I travel. The sound-proofing was not the best. We could hear a baby crying next door to us, but attentive parents didn't let it go on long. It could have been very problematic. Its a laid-back part of Florida, and the beach-front property was perfect for privacy. There are plenty of places to sit in the shade, or in the sun, if you don't mind dragging a chair out. They have beach chairs in the office for rent for $10, which I thought was a tad ridiculous....just be prepared and bring your own. The free hammocks are a nice touch. Our first day there we were given a towels with a couple large holes. I pointed that out to the cleaner so the blame would not rest with us. I was surprised that they would think it appropriate to use a towel in that condition. Parking was first-come-first-serve, but crossing the street from the over-flow area is hassle-free. Weird that the office didn't open until 9. We left for breakfast, only to have to come back to check-out.....not the best customer service. Aside from that, they attendants were friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back and request a room that opened onto the beach with the ocean view. The hotel is very close to the Long Pier, where you can fish, or just observe for $3, and lots of good places to eat. Try Crabby Bills in Indian Rocks. Its not too bad. We liked Kenny's for a good, reasonably-priced, no frills breakfast. Went to Sweet Sage, for a rather expensive breakfast, but it was a cute place, and the food was good. "Bad A*s" coffee is close by, and I would recommend that, as well. (TA would not let me write the word a.s.s.!!!)

Room Tip: Room facing the beach!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChattTraveler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

My family is here for a visit and is staying next door at the Hotel Isis. I received a call from him saying to come over to the pool. I rarely have the chance to see him and I was excited to see him. I walk up to the office and ask the manager how to get to the pool. I didn't think it was a big deal but she was extremely rude and said I couldn't come in. I asked if it was okay to see my family and she again was extremely rude. So I walked out. I decided to go home and call him. She comes out and yells oh and if your cars here it will be towed as I was leaving the premise. I'm glad I didn't react to the situation but I do feel it's important that you know how the hotel treats your guest. I've read other reviews and this isn't the first time this is happened. I do plan on contacting the owner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Wesley B
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This hotel is AMAZING, very relaxing!!! Location of this hotel is wonderful. The hotel has is locate right on the beach making it easy to watch the beautiful sunset. On the beach, there are a few beach chairs, a few hammocks, a couple of tables with benches and a few barbecues for guests. You can make your own dinner on the beach. From the hotel, you can go out to the beach, stay on the beach, go for a long walk or go to the fishing pier. The hotel has also beach chairs and umbrellas for rent. It costs $10 per item for the whole stay. Inside the hotel are a beautiful courtyard and a nice, clean swimming pool with sun beds. The hotel provides towels for the pool. The rooms are comfortable, a nice TV, bathroom with a big glass walk-in shower, each room have kitchenette with fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. The rooms are very, very clean. The hotel is quiet and peaceful. Beautifully maintained and clean. In the reception is a fresh coffee every morning. The hotel has a small parking but across the street is additional parking. I never really had a problem with parking. From the hotel, you can walk to the great restaurants. Service at the hotel is very attentive and friendly. We needed use the printer and fax machine one day. Carrie really helped us a lot. The next day, she asked us if we need more help. Thank you so much for making our stay wonderful. Defiantly we would stay again!

Room Tip: beachfront room has a nice view, second floor is more quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Holiday Isles Resort
#12 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Courtyard St. Petersburg Clearwater/Madeira Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#1 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,390 reviews

Been to The Hotel Sol? Share your experiences!