“Perfect beach location!”
Review of The Hotel Sol

The Hotel Sol
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Redington Beach
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I spent 2 nights at Hotel Isis and wish I could have stayed longer. I choose it due to Trip Advisor reviews and I would have to agree with every positive review and then some! I was traveling due to a family emergency, the staff were great from the moment I contacted them by phone until checkout, they were able to let us check in early which was so appreciated after a long travel day. The entire complex is beautiful, the pool was well maintained and my room was mere steps from the beach! I highly recommend Hotel Isis.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the pool are great except at night, the lights at the closed pool keep the room very...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scdak

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very clean, looked to be newly rennovated. Carrie at the front desk was wonderful! She referred us to some great restaurants and was always friendly and helpful. The only negative - the website advertised "100% Non-smoking" and that was not the case. There were smoking areas all around the pool and I was very surprised at how many smokers were there. Every time I left my room I had to walk through and around smokers. I will definately return and hope the smokers have gone home!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This place is so cute! I went on a trip with my best friend for our 10year trip... We LOVED the Pool and our room was VERY VERY nice! The Foliage and the surroundings at the Hotel is very nice! The place looks just like the pictures on their website,,, EXACTLY! =) The Con of it... Which i am not wanting to share this but would have liked to have known this before hand... The Sand is FULL of Shells... We were told that when the last hurricane came into this area it took all the sand back out into the ocean with it and so then they had to get loads of the sand out of the ocean which is FULL of broken shells... all the way up to the hotel... we could walk barefoot but definitely had to watch where we were walking to prevent cuts =/ The only other complaint I have about this location of the Hotel is the Pier being SO CLOSE! There were LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of Marine life in the water ankle deep! There were (What the locals were saying..) land Sharks.... They wont bite humans... .I know sounds bizzar but so true... We Actually got in the car and headed to Clearwater beach the next day because we witnessed 2 people stung by the sting rays that were swimming in schools about 5 ft from the shore... yes 5 ft from the shore... jumping out of the water.... This is a nice place LOVED THE PLACE but as for the beach.... Not good.... I enjoyed Clearwater so much better which was a 30min drive from Hotel Isis and was a great drive! Not for families to play at the beach in my opinion....

Room Tip: Room 108 was at a good spot by the pool!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

very quaint/clean hotel on a very busy strip of hotels on the Florida Gulf beach area.room was clean,king bed was comfy and location was right on the beach.nice pool as well.i took my son to his first NHL game between Tampa and Toronto.great experience for the two of us.hotel is aprox.40 minute drive from Tampa but well worth the drive to be on the beach.ENJOY!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are in great location to both beach and pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I almost did not want to write a review because I did not want other people to know about this Gem. This was our second time staying here and although there was a mix up with the reservation Carrie at the front desk fixed it and we were happy. she took what could have been a nightmare and fixed it. Cudos Carrie!!, The staff is truly amazing. From the front desk to the maintenance to housekeeping. Gary (Maintenance person) whom I had been observing from the morning to late into the night showed such pride not only for his job but the attention to detail was impressive, I watched him clean the pool early in the morning, I watched him water each and every Palm Tree on the beach and tend to every detail. (you see I smoke so I spent a lot of time outside) I naturally thought to myself that he must be an investor or owner. On our last nite I met Gary so I asked and he told me he was not!!!!!! I was shocked!!! I commended him on the great job that he was doing and how impressed I was

Ohhh Did I mention that the bed was the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in. The Room was immaculate and was that way for all 4 days that we were there.

I come to the Treasure Coast quite a bit and have stayed in quite a few hotels/resorts from St Pete Beach. Madeira Beach and Reddingfon Beach I can assure you that I will continue to stay at Hotel Isis.

Thanks For a great Vacation.

<note to owner: Hopefully you are aware of the great staff that you have,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Despite it's great location, pleasant accommodations, and reasonable prices, Hotel Isis was a disappointment primarily because of its unpleasant and unhelpful management staff. We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Although our unit had a 'kitchenette' with full size fridge, there was no facility for cooki...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here for Spring break for 6 nights and had an ok experience. We typically stay in Treasure Island, but our normal hotel was booked. Pros: proximity to the beach was really nice, much closer than our beach hotel at Treasure Island. Finishes were nice - granite, updated rooms. Pool was clean and there were plenty of lounge chairs. The tile floors in the rooms are heated and we loved that since it was chilly during our week there.

Cons: We reserved a room with 2 doubles for 2 adults and one child thinking the room would be larger than a typical hotel room. We were wrong. The room was a standard hotel room with a small kitchen. The first problem we realized as soom as we walked in was that there is NO storage space. We literally lived out of our suitcases for the week and the only storage we had was a small, pantry size closet for a few hanging items. The bathroom is at the foot of one of the beds and you have zero privacy. We had to ask for extra towels every day we were there because housekeeping only left us with 2 each day.

Also our over all stay was nice, but we won't return just because the rooms are so small. The cost was double what we normally pay for a week in this area and we decided that we would rather stay in a place that doesn't have as nice finishes to get more space for less money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Beach House Cabanas
Beach House Cabanas
#2 of 48 in Treasure Island
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach

Been to The Hotel Sol? Share your experiences!