“Better options out there”
Review of The Hotel Sol

The Hotel Sol
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Redington Beach
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We have stayed int the Redington Beach area numerous times to visit family. You can do better for you money than this place. The rooms are small. We had a window in our shower that viewed the parking lot. The windows are not frosted. The blinds are old and bent. Had to rig up a towel over the window for privacy. The other windows through out the room let in a lot of light. We had street lights shining in all night. I noticed other people rigged up towels on their window above the door for the same problem. The place is old and a bit run-down. Could use a lot of upgrading. The front desk person was not very friendly. There is minimal parking at the hotel, otherwise you are stuck parking across the street. My suggestion is to find another place. This might be a bit cheaper but deffinitely worth paying a few extra bucks to stay somewhere else. If you get room 100, ask to be moved immediately unless you like having the public restroom, the front desk, the parking lot, the maintance room, and street lights all next to your room.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 100
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
isisbeachhotel, General Manager at The Hotel Sol, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

We understand there are many choices when it comes to selecting a hotel for your beach gateaway and we appreciate your selection of Hotel ISIS. Our hotel was completely renovated in 2010 and we are always looking for ways to make it even better. We always encourage our guests to give us any suggestions in makeing Hotel Isis a perfect gateaway. We hope that we can fulfill everyones expectation when they come stay at our hotel.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very impressed with the cleanliness, staff, location! Ask for rooms 240 or 218 beachfront. Nice balcony. Great experience.

Room Tip: No restaurant on the premises, but there are grills to cook your own. There are great restaurants al...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank t-jer
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Traveled to St. Pete for a family funeral and booked this hotel at the last minute due to its proximity to the homes of relatives (and reviews on TripAdvisor). Wow, what a gem. My flight was cancelled and I had to call the front desk to allow a relative to check in for me (the booking was on my credit card). The woman who took my call (I wish I could remember her name, b/c I want management to know how good she is!!!) couldn't have been more helpful. We arranged for my cousin to get the key so that I could get into the room when I finally did arrive.

The room -- bright, fresh, very nicely decorated with a small kitchenette with granite counters and lovely bathroom with ceramic tile/marble. The room really had everything you could need -- fridge, microwave, coffee maker, glassware, extra sink, dining table, flat screen. The pool was lovely and heated! And the beach front (which we didn't get to take advantage of) had palm trees, a hammock, multiple grills for guest use, picnic tables -- perfect for pulling together an easy dinner at the end of a relaxing day--right on the beach!!

Despite the sad circumstances of my trip, I left this hotel feeling like I would definitely make a point to come back with the family. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WallyWGMA
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I booked Hotel Isis as a surprise for my husband for our anniversary. I called ahead to see if we could check in early & jokingly mentioned the surprise and commented they could upgrade us to beachfront if they wanted. We showed up early, and the girl on the desk was thrilled to inform me she'd upgraded us (she's the one I had spoken to). My husband was very happily surprised. The room was comfortable, right on the beach and exactly what we were looking for. It's a smaller property, and seemed like a lot of locals just getting away for the weekend. We had a romantic time, enjoyed the uncrowded beach and plan to return. The property is pretty, clean and felt very safe. There were plenty of chairs for outside enjoyment, covered picnic tables, grills available to use and a couple of hammocks. Loved it, loved it!

Room Tip: Ground floor beachfront while an awesome location, did tend to get a little noise from the balcony a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Pool closed at dusk.. that's early. Nothing to do till bedtime. kids were so disappointed they couldn't swim. Pool should be open at the least until 10pm...Summertime -11pm would have been better... it's vacation time after all. Rooms are very small for a family... we had 2 double beds. Computers were down... staff was told several times we were staying until Monday. We asked for a late check-out on Monday... never could get an answer. Drinks and snacks were not allowed in pool area. Do not see why plastic cups were a problem. It was so hot and we all wanted something to drink. This is really a place for adults only.

Room Tip: don't go with kids. but a great place for adults
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
isisbeachhotel, General Manager at The Hotel Sol, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

We feel our hotel is a very family friendly place. We have had many families stay here in the past and have enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. We have the beach, the pier, great places to eat all around the hotel. We hope to have many more families stay in the future and make each of their stays memorable and fun.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had Friends in town and they were staying on Redington Beach, so we wanted to get a room down there, too. My husband said, We are only going to sleep there....so I picked this one due to the $109.00 price. What a big surprise when we got there and checked in! Walked to room which was across from the beautiful pool and landscaping. The room was so nice and cozy looking ...been all redone. (still needed new faucets) but, other than that, perfect for that price! The bed nice and firm, like we like it! Walked to beach.....like 12 steps from room!!! Wow! Want to relax, this is the place......patio with lounge chairs, hammocks, more lounge chairs on the beach with palm trees for some shade and if you'd like to cook out, go ahead...gas grills available with picnic tables to eat at! A great place to stay! We will be going back!!! A nice drive to John's Pass, too!

Room Tip: They have rooms, right on the beach! Just ask!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dolyse
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at hotel isis for a long weekend and had a wonderful time. The hotel is small and has a homey feel. The rooms are all upgraded with granite and nice bedding. The pillows are comfortable and the duvet covers soft. the hotel has a nice pool with good quality pool loungers. I liked how the landscaping was done to provide some shade to the outer areas of the pool deck for those who didn't want direct sunlight. The garden was beautifully landscaped and we enjoyed the tables and chairs in it to enjoy our meals and chat with friends. Another feature we loved were the beach front grills. Saved us some money grilling our own meals! The front desk provided all grill utensils and eating utensils and plates. This hotel is especially great for those with kids. due to the small size, it was easy to get around with the little ones and the shore was literally a minute walk from the hotel. We were happy that the hotel provided free beach lounge chairs, most other hotels charge for them. The owners are very nice and you can see that they have pride in their business. Support small business and stay here for your next beach vacation!

• Stayed: April 2012
Holiday Isles Resort
Holiday Isles Resort
#12 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to The Hotel Sol? Share your experiences!