“Great view”
Review of The Hotel Sol

The Hotel Sol
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Redington Beach
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Oh my goodness...the view from the top two large rooms were stunning. They looked straight out to the peer. We took my college tweins and got them a $110 room and that was clean and great. packed with frig and all needed stuff. Our room was the most expensive but under $180. Ask for ocean view upstairs and the it has a bedroom. Full kitchen. Sadly, it rained some of the day but we were able to look out our full window view....two full windows facing the ocean. The room`s looked out at a beautiful beach and peer. This hotel would have been perfect a quiet romantic vacation. We found it through a recommendation of my niece when Tradwinds would not give us a one night stay. Oh well....the Isis was happy to take my money. . We love the place but the staff....not warm and friendly. But the pool, hotel and guest were great!!! There is not an eating establishment at this hotel but many around it. Parking very tight but that was OK! Security was very tight with a locked gate with key access. Small hotel but quiet a deal and nice everything!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Hotel Sol

Reviewed July 1, 2011

This is the very best kind of beach motel. The rooms are modern and nice, albeit quite small. Crisp white linens. Modern kitchenette. Large flat screen TV. Tile floors. Very, very clean.

Almost every room is on the 1st floor, which I love. No steps. No elevators.

But the stars of this motel are the beach and the pool. The pool (and its waterfall) is right outside of your door with a lovely garden too. The pool is warm and relaxing. The beach is literally 20 steps from your front door. Corn hole and hammocks await you, as does a lovely beach.

This beach was cool. People just left the frames for their shade tents up all night with their chairs and toys. They left them right on the beach and they were still there the next day. How convenient for families not to have to lug everything back and forth.

This place is very close to the pier if you like to fish. There is also a convenience store across the street and several restaurants within walking distance.

I can't say enough nice things about this motel. It was just ideal for my family.

If I had to criticize anything about this motel it would be:
Rooms are small so it's hard to find room for sand toys and boogie boards. No guest laundry.

That's it- loved it!!

Room Tip: Every room has a great location here.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Lets keep this place a secret tell no one. Just love how you can walk right out of the room to the beach.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I love this place. It is clean, has a nice pool area, and beach front access. Beds are comfortable and the room has a nice mounted LCD tv. I love the little tropical garden area. It is a great place to drink coffee in the morning or read a book. Everyone is friendly. This is a quiet hotel that offers you a taste of true florida. If you're looking for the famous mouse, this is not the place to visit. Come with your sun tan lotion, a crossword, a good novel, and a beach chair. Then simply, relax.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank teacherknows
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Overall we found our room fantastic and the hotel was really lovely. The room was modern and clean, however the one we had was in a bit of an awkward position - right by the entrance. The hotel is in a great spot and we really loved the beach front and the hammocks - you really couldn't ask for more. During the stay the only thing I would mention is the late night checking - the receptionist didn't seem very happy to see us (she wasn't rude but just a bit annoyed maybe). However, when we checked out we asked for the bill to be charged to another card...they failed to do this. It caused much hassle as we were moving on to another destination, causing one of our cards to declined. Needless to say this caused a lot of worry and panic and extra bank fees! Back in the UK when we arrived home and figured out what had happened we were treated with hostility and our query dismissed from not only the front line staff but management as well. We asked for the charge to be refunded and added to the other card, after many emails and blatantly refusing to phone us back (apparently they can't make international calls) we just called it a loss. It is unfortunate but we will not be returning ONLY due to the way were were treated after the stay, it was a horrible experience and I can't imagine how they are still in business with that level of service at a managerial level.

Room Tip: Near the beach
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jetsetter071
Reviewed May 6, 2011

The service was excellent and I loved our room facing the pool. It was very clean and modern and the beds were very comfortable. I loved the garden area with all the lush plants and palm trees! It was very tropical looking and I enjoyed sitting at the patio tables and chairs that were provided. It also had a nice patio area facing the beach and I loved relaxing in the hammock with my morning cup of coffee. (It would be nice, however, if they would provide umbrellas for the octagonal picnic tables on the patio since not everyone wants to sit in the sun all the time outside). Hotel Isis is conveniently located to restaurants and shops and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who prefers a more laid-back atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooms 123-132 OR 104-113
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charlene58
Reviewed April 27, 2011

This little Hotel was amazing. My husband and I were looking to get out of town for a night and this was the PERFECT place. It was about 50 feet from my hotel room to the sand. Not a lot of rooms so it was quiet. The pool was beautiful and the beach was not crowded because of the placement of the hotel. The price was fantastic, the staff great, and the room honestly looks better in person, the the pictures. The marble counter-tops and the kitchenette in each room is a plus. The room is small - but perfect for two of us. We had one king bed. We are going back in July and we are staying for more then 1 night. Simply Amazing! ~ Mrs.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Holiday Isles Resort
Holiday Isles Resort
#12 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to The Hotel Sol? Share your experiences!