“Best Breakfast EVER”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great people. Nicely funky joint. Inside has a two-story attrium gives a great open feel. Shady Tiki bar in the front. They offer a wonderful basic bacon n' eggs and bloody mary breakfast deal that can't be beat.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a Kareoke Bar. Our DJ - Dan - was great! He kept everything and everyone singing, dancing or drinking... The singers, well, you'll have to make your own decision about them, but the place was a lot of fun and great people.

1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had a Mah Tai at their Tiki Hut outside bar for less than $4 and it was great! The location is right on Gulf Blvd., so view is limited.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I want to start by saying, I really really really wanted to like this place. I live 4 blocks away and was really excited to hear this place had a new owner and chef. The new owners cleaned up the interior and hired a new chef who supposedly, was great. Well, the chef is not great and the service is atrocious. After 4 disappointing dinners and 1 bad breakfast, I will not be returning, and neither will any of the locals in my neighborhood. The servers seem to always get our orders wrong and the staff is anything but friendly. During breakfast, I put $1 in the jukebox to play one song and asked the bartender, Courtney, if she could turn it up. She huffed and puffed about my outrageous request and finally figured out how to turn the music on, for the last 15 seconds of the song. She also asked if I wanted my irish coffee topped off (as it was half full) and then charged me full price for another irish coffee. Her negative attitude during our entire breakfast was also unnerving. And our last dinner was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm sorry, but it is Year 2012 and chicken scratch receipts are unacceptable, especially when you don't get the orders right. We were charged for things we didn't order and when we did the math for our bill -it was not accurate with what we were charged. (This prob. makes them lots of money with their bar customers who are too drunk to notice.) We asked our server about it and all we received back was a confused look. And with that, I will never return. This may be a great restaurant if you like to be ripped off and given a surprise meal, if not-go elsewhere!

2  Thank RoneGarnes
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Really, a professional chef knows how to make over medium eggs. A professional chef doesn't season people's eggs. A professional chef sautees onions when they add them to the hash browns. Yes, I know the breakfast special is $3.89 but it doesn't mean it should be lousy food. Labor Day is a holiday. People go out to breakfast. Have the right amount of staff in the kitchen. "I can have your food re-cooked for you but it will take forever, the Chef has a full window" is not the way to handle a dissatisfied customer. There are plenty of other places we can go for breakfast, and we will!