“Clean and easy access”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Quincy
Pratt
“Clean and easy access”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Clean and easy to get to BUT the shower was horrible. After a long day on the road we were looking forward to nice hot showers before settling in for the night. The shower rod had been damaged so the shower curtain kept going towards the center allowing the water to soak the bathroom tile.

We also had issues with internet. Thank goodness for the smart phone.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Brittll
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Quincy I-10, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Brittll,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the shower. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Finnish first
Rather be in WDW
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Got the last room available - ended up being perfect. King suite for our family of five. Very clean, great front desk staff. Decent breakfast. Good overall value. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jrbdad
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Is either a newer property or so well maintained that it looks new. Excellent staff made checking in and out a breeze. Room was spacious, spotless and the bed extremely comfortable. Would definitely stay there again. It was easy to access off interstate 10. This was the first night of a 3,000 mile road trip and was a great way to start our vacation.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Deborah D
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am a travel agent and I typically prefer to stay at higher end hotels; however, being that my visit was to Quincy, FL the pickings were slim to none. Therefore, after doing my home work I decided upon the Holiday Inn Express and couldn't have been more delighted!!!! Access off the highway was easy. The staff was welcoming, warm and friendly. The rooms were a nice size, very clean and tidy as were the bathrooms. The only suggestion I would make is to have better lighting and a magnifying mirror for makeup application. I was happy to find a more than ample supply of towels and pillows!!! I slept very well and for breakfast I was more than satisfied with the choices they offered for the money. I can't forget to mention the warm peanut butter cookies that were served at the check-in desk. YUMMY in a word! So if your travels ever take you to Quincy, Fl don't worry about where to stay because there's only one place to ever consider and it's this place - The Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dee A
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a very nice property which is just off I-10. It seems newer, clean and we were comfortable and slept well here. There is a fridge and microwave and they have breakfast in the morning. We would definitely stay here again, as it is so convenient and well kept.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 52cali
Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

At the Quincy exit off of I-10 there's only three choices for hotels. The Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express or a older no-name place. I first went to the Hampton Inn, thought the price was too steep so I went next door to the Holiday Inn Express. Not only was it nicer, it was $10.00 cheaper. Beautilful,newer place. Check in was fast and the hotel staff was friendly. Got a king non-smoking room and it was roomy and comfortable. The whole hotel is 100% smoke free. Great bathroom with a huge walk in shower, no tub. Comfortable bed, big flat screen tv and free wifi.
The hotel also has a outdoor pool, fitness center, guest laundry and a nice little convenience store. The free complimentary breakfast was nice and included eggs, pancakes, sausage cinnamon rolls and more.
I'm glad I stayed here and would gladly come back again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Aerowing
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I rotate between the two major brands in Quincy when visiting Gretna, Florida about ten minutes to the west. I typically eat in Tallahasee, but the breakfast as either is fine for a quick bite. As a Platnium Elite and Diamond member I typically get upgraded at either property. Staff is always friendly and I have no compliants.

Room Tip: They upgraded me to room 126 a King Suite on the first floor near the lobby, I thought it would be l...