“Awesome Experience”
Review of McFarlin House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quincy
McFarlin House
Ranked #1 of 3 Quincy B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2011

While in Tallahassee for a family wedding during graduation weekend, we discovered in advance that the hotels & inns were all full. We stumbled online upon a vacancy at this charming former tobacco plantation. Richard, the owner, made us feel at home in and directed us to a large suite with a shower stall & jacuzzi. The convenience of a modern bath increased comfort in this 1880s Victorian mansion. The breakfasts in the formal dining room, complete with lace linens, china & crystal, were delicious. Each morning, we sipped coffee on the rocking chairs on the vast verandah. Overall, the historic home and opulent appointments served as home away from home. Richard knew when we were open to chatting & when privacy was appropriate. If ever in Quincy, we would return. Our only suggestion would be the addition of feather down pillows. This is a great location for a special event such as a wedding, anniversary or celebration. McFalin House is a gem in Quincy.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 23, 2011

The room was excellent with the most comfortable of beds. We were both ill when we arrived and just needed to go to bed. We were made most welcome the Air con sorted for our comfort and left to recover! The location was ideal and the house itself glorious. If you are looking for a weekend break or few days away, would really recommend staying here. We visited Walluka Springs and thought that it was great too!

Room Tip: All rooms lovely
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Can't say enough about this place. The B&B is a grand, beautiful, and steeped in history. The rooms are all tastefully done and our room was comfortable. Food was wonderful and what a nice breakfast complete with fireplace and sun peeking in through the stained glass windows. Richard and Tina's place is a work of love, and our Valentine's weekend there couldn't have been better! Lovely neighborhood and close to Tallahassee, too!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2011

When we arrived, we were greeted by Tina, who showed us to a different room than I had reserved: this turned out to be a Gem!! It was big & very comfortable,but best of all,had a working fireplace. The location was easy to find & since I am a daily walker,I found my walk safe & full of lovely old houses to look at while I walked
It's difficult to pick one thing that I liked the best--the house was decorated for Christmas with trees,etc & i took many,many pictures. The 2 breakfasts were nicely prepared &delicious to eat . But, I really enjoyed the Inn-keeper,Richard, for his knowledge of the history of McFarlin House & of the town of Quincy --it was VERY interesting!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2009

My family and I absolutely loved this B&B. The house was gorgeous...unlike anything I have ever seen before. My only complaint, I suppose, was that the size of the house actually caused hot water issues, as far as the hot water getting to our bathroom in a timely manner. We paid extra for the room with the jacuzzi bath tub, but never got to use it due to this reason. My only advice to those thinking of booking these accommodations is get any other room other than the Southern Grace. Its not worth the extra $100/night for the additional bathroom amenities.....the other rooms are just as nice and get hot water quicker! I would most definitely recommend this B&B to anyone looking to stay in this area. The service was top notch! FYI...if traveling with children in need of highchairs....there are NONE....we made due, but if you have a portable sassy seat bring it with you. Overall, had a great time, comfy beds, lovely staff, yummy breakfast!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2009

The host was warm, the food delicious, the bed comfortable, and the courtesy room a life-saver.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I recommend this fine B&B for couples that may be headed to FSU for a sporting event. We stayed two nites. Got in kinda late on a Friday but Richard was there waiting for us. Our room was nice but the website is a little misleading on the description. The website lead us to believe it was more the Gentleman's Quarters (ie tobacco decor), but it was more Richard's baseball collection. Baseball collection aside the room was nice. King bed was comfortable. Although, we were not there to watch TV, it is nice to catch the weather or news on, the TV is dated. Breakfast was nice but mainly carbs. We did take advantage of having dinner there. I felt it was worth it as I knew after a football game I wouldn't feel like driving back into Tallahassee to find a place to eat. Dinner was made and served by Tina, Richards wife. She spent time with us after dinner giving us a brief history of their renovations and the home's history.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University
Hampton Inn Quincy
Hampton Inn Quincy
#1 of 2 in Quincy
SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL

Been to McFarlin House? Share your experiences!