“Staff great - Hotel disappointing”
Review of Hampton Inn Quincy

Hampton Inn Quincy
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quincy
Reviewed November 16, 2012

When we checked in the Front Desk person [Beatrice] I think, was outstanding.She even talked us into signing up for Hilton Honors.Unfortunately the maintenance on the hotel is not up to what we expected from a Hilton.Our room obviously was once very impressive,but it has seen better times.The door to the bathroom would no longer close properly,as it was scraping on the floor.While the room was mostly o.k.it was obviously no longer being kept up.On the other hand the Breakfast hostess went out of her way to make sure that breakfast was as nice as it could be.I believe her name was Caroline.She was an MVP/a Most Valuable Player.For $90. a night+tax,one really expects better management.
We had stopped staying at Hampton Inns because over the last 5 yrs,the Hilton attitude of excellence has slowly died.Obvious Hilton doesn't care.Unfortunately Hilton is no longer the #2 Quality Hotel company.They are just big-not better.Graciously though,there are still outstanding employees holding up the old standards.We should pay them more and fire the people on top.Like making Chicken soup,the fat is always at the top.Too bad.

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn across the parking lot. We will.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Observanttravler

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a king room with sleeper sofa. There were no "smells" good or bad which I like. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. The staff were all very helpful. I read another review that said the second floor carpets were gross ... we stayed on the first floor so I did not see that problem.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Pheshe B, Manager at Hampton Inn Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for your kind response and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Was in town for FSU homecoming and most of the hotels I usually frequent were either already booked up or outrageously overpriced. The Quincy Hampton offered a resonably priced alternative. Although it is a little remotely located, it is easily accessible just of I-10 and a quick jaunt to the airport or downtown via U.S. 90. Even with its proximity to the highway, it was quiet and peaceful. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a small fridge, microwave and DirectTV for a wide variety of in-room viewing. There was a pretty good hot breakfast offering and good quality coffee available each morning at no extra charge. The only downsides we experienced was that it is a bit of a drive to Tally and the fitness room offerings are very limited. All in all, it was a good alternative for a Tally trip on a busy weekend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I didn't get my wake up call, when I asked to talked to a manger. I got that he would be available in an hour to talk to me. I saw him outside spitting on the sidewalk. Just left, but the nice thing is I will get my money back.

What BS.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank J L
Reviewed July 11, 2012

At first glance this is an beautiful hotel. Grounds and hotel are in fabulous shape and have an abundance of curb appeal. The downstairs carpets look like they are brand new. The surprise comes when you step off the elevator on the second floors as the carpets are gross. Not just dirty but. look as if they have never been cleaned.
The rooms are typical of most Hampton Inns, clean and cool.
Jared was our CSR at front desk and he was a keeper. In fact, if I owned a motel or any other customer oriented business I would try to hire him away from Hampton, He was clean, courteous, and knowledgeable and in truth, he is the reason we gave this Hotel such a good rating. He had to come to our room and fix TV so we could operate it. He promised to refund our money when the dryer in second floor laundry did not work. Another thing I did not like was the commode sits close to the floor and I am old. I went to sit on it and lost my balance, hit my hand on wooden sink cabinet and bruised the hand.
I do think it was over priced and do not plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank popsie67
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Comfortable and clean. Not quite as perfect as some others but would definitely recommend and would stay again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Lots of nice little touches such as a bottle of water and chips left in the room. May not seem, like much but it was a pleasant surprise. Very clean,very quiet. Our second stay and we definitely would stop again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank memlane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Midway, FL
Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East
Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central
Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Quincy? Share your experiences!