“Happy”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Happy”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed four Knights June 3-7 2013. Clean, great bed,nice staff. Don't expect big breakfast at
this low price. I recommend you stay here! Don W. #140 I don't need 200 characters to say I
enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Yogendra S, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
:) thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed June 5, 2013

as an over the road truck driver, finding a hotel for the night that will accommodate not only my small dog, but my truck/trailer is a rarity, let alone a clean one. I was a bit nervous in checking it out, but needed a room. I was very surprised when I opened the door. The room was clean, furnishings nice, freshly painted, nice linen on the beds. But mostly, no "funky" odor. The beds are extremely comfortable, the grounds are very well kept. My husband is a smoker, and even he didn't put the butts out on the ground. Staff is very nice and accommodating. We are here in this area quite often and will most definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: I recommend this motel for any road weary truck driver. They have decent truck parking in the back
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank risingsun9365
Thank you for giving us a chance, hope to see you again soon.
Petersburg, west Virginia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed for a week. Found the staff extremely accommodating. I travel with my dog and when I showed up I felt that my dog was welcomed just as I was. I like that it is in close proximity to the Punta Gorda airport and it is reasonably close to the airport in Fort Myers. The motel was Clean, quiet and reasonably priced. I liked that the parking spaces were large enough that I didn't have to squeeze into the parking space. I will definately stay there again when in the area and will recommend the Knights Inn, Punta Gorda to my snowbird friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you.
Manasquan
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Having stayed here a few times before, we were going to cross this off our list as it appeared to be going down-hill. Too many workers leaving boots, shoes and all kinds of junk outside the rooms, just getting kinda seedy-looking. Imagine our surprise on this trip! The entire place got a make-over - new paint, the property was cleaned up, and no "junk" outside the rooms! The rooms have also been a part of what looks like a major renovation - we were extremely satisfied with the "new look". Our room was really impressive - plenty of pillows, neat and clean, no odor, large beds. The young lady at the front desk was extremely polite, efficient and got us checked in in no time. And the price was really good! There is tractor trailer parking in the rear and pets are welcome for the usual $10 fee. Our only "complaint" - one of those little Florida salamander/lizards got into the room and had been camping out under one of the beds. Thank goodness for the cat - he kept himself on "lizard-watch" for the night.

Room Tip: With the recent renovations, looks like this place is coming back and shouldn't be a problem sta...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ginny110411
Yogendra S, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you, we are happy that you gave us a second look.
louisville ky
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at Knight's Inn Punta Gorda using my accumulated Wyndham points. I gave this property four stars based on the attractive exterior and interior renovation, friendly staff, clean room and loved parking at my room's door. I would rather stay at Knight's Inn Punta Gorda again than at some of the more expensive properties.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Yogendra S, Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
We enjoyed having you here and are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay. We try our best to make our customers happy and we hope to see you here again. Thank you!
Amherst, New York
Reviewed March 24, 2013

VERY good motel. The room was CLEAN, and even seemed to be newly renovated (carpets, bedding, etc.). Friendly staff. A couple stand-out perks (important to me) -- the bed was perhaps the most comfy I have EVER slept on, and their coffee in the morning was awesome! And the best part - the rate was reasonable - even though my husband and I were traveling during Spring Break and every other motel/hotel in the area that we called/stopped at seemed to be taking advantage of that (i.e. jacked up rates!!). We HIGHLY recommend this motel! If we're ever if the area again, we'll stay here. I just wish they had a hairdryer in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joelle H
Yogendra S, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Truly happy you liked your stay, will be looking forward to seeing you in the future :)
Winston-Sale
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I called to find availabilities before driving across town and was told they had one king left and would hold it for me. I past a few other hotels on the way, and found that there were several rooms available, king and double queen, and all were smoking. It was so late that I didn't want to hunt other hotel options, so we settled in. We spent 3 minutes adjusting the air conditioner that was so loud it would have impaired our sleep. The pillows were lumpy and flat as two inches. there were no blankets, just tissue thin sheets and a comforter. The bed is soft and lumpy as well. The tub hasn't been cleaned in months, judging by the soap scum accumulation. The place stinks. There is no coffee maker and no coffee. But the hairs in the sink are free! I would expect these conditions for the advertised price of $59, but not at $82 (final price). This place is a complete ripoff. I wouldn't even give this a 1 star, but I have to rate it something.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Drizle S
Yogendra S, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We are truly sorry for your unpleasant stay. I don't know what happen with the A/C, we have recently put all new ones in. As for the tub we have recently started resurfacing them, as you know this place was built back in the 70's. We do offer coffee up at the front lobby with a continental breakfast.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#7 of 7 in Punta Gorda

Been to Knights Inn Punta Gorda? Share your experiences!