“Exceeded expectations”

Knights Inn Punta Gorda
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at Knight's Inn Punta Gorda using my accumulated Wyndham points. I gave this property four stars based on the attractive exterior and interior renovation, friendly staff, clean room and loved parking at my room's door. I would rather stay at Knight's Inn Punta Gorda again than at some of the more expensive properties.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Yogendra S, Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

We enjoyed having you here and are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay. We try our best to make our customers happy and we hope to see you here again. Thank you!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

VERY good motel. The room was CLEAN, and even seemed to be newly renovated (carpets, bedding, etc.). Friendly staff. A couple stand-out perks (important to me) -- the bed was perhaps the most comfy I have EVER slept on, and their coffee in the morning was awesome! And the best part - the rate was reasonable - even though my husband and I were traveling during Spring Break and every other motel/hotel in the area that we called/stopped at seemed to be taking advantage of that (i.e. jacked up rates!!). We HIGHLY recommend this motel! If we're ever if the area again, we'll stay here. I just wish they had a hairdryer in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joelle H
Yogendra S, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Truly happy you liked your stay, will be looking forward to seeing you in the future :)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I called to find availabilities before driving across town and was told they had one king left and would hold it for me. I past a few other hotels on the way, and found that there were several rooms available, king and double queen, and all were smoking. It was so late that I didn't want to hunt other hotel options, so we settled in. We spent 3 minutes adjusting the air conditioner that was so loud it would have impaired our sleep. The pillows were lumpy and flat as two inches. there were no blankets, just tissue thin sheets and a comforter. The bed is soft and lumpy as well. The tub hasn't been cleaned in months, judging by the soap scum accumulation. The place stinks. There is no coffee maker and no coffee. But the hairs in the sink are free! I would expect these conditions for the advertised price of $59, but not at $82 (final price). This place is a complete ripoff. I wouldn't even give this a 1 star, but I have to rate it something.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Drizle S
Yogendra S, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

We are truly sorry for your unpleasant stay. I don't know what happen with the A/C, we have recently put all new ones in. As for the tub we have recently started resurfacing them, as you know this place was built back in the 70's. We do offer coffee up at the front lobby with a continental breakfast.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Out of all the places I've stayed, Knights Inn in Punta Gorda was by far the best. The rooms, service, staff, and the motel in general was magnificent. It was in a great location with stores and restaurants very close by. They were the best and more importantly, cared about your stay. Out of 5 stars, Knights Inn would definitely get all 5. I am always going to go stay here when I come. It is highly recommended for who ever is in Punta Gorda or around the area!

• Stayed: December 2012
Yogendra S, Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

thanks for review . we try to best.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My frequent stays at Knights Inn in Punta Gorda are invariably very pleasant. The cleanliness and comfort of the rooms are outstanding. Management is very much hands-on, which makes for a family friendly atmosphere. I am always glad when I can recommend the Knights Inn to friends because I know they will not be disappointed. As for the Christmas decorations, they were lovely!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Esther B
Yogendra S, Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, were glad you enjoyed your stay :)

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stay at this motel every winter and have nothing to say except good things. A great value, friendly aand courteous staff, clean room, and close to the local beaches, shopping, and restaurants. I will be staying here anytime I visit here. For all you naysayers, all I can say is you gget what you pay for and this hotel is a diamond in the rough.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the neighboring truckstop reduces most noise